Mechanics thread

"
taekvideo wrote:
"
Magic, rare, and unique monsters only drop equipment, and have a large Increased item rarity modifier for those drops.

Just to clarify... does that stack multiplicatively or additively with your character's increased item rarity modifier? (I assume multiplicatively)
Additively

"
taekvideo wrote:
"
Damage reduction from armour and endurance charges only affects physical damage.
Endurance charges are related to the strength attribute and grant +6% damage reduction, and +6% to all resistances per charge.
which is right?
technically both, but the first is worded confusingly.
There is physical damage reduction, and there are resistances. Endurance charges confer both, but the first quote is correct in saying damage reduction only applies to physical.
Resistances apply to elemental and chaos damage, and are mechanically distinct from physical damage reduction.

The second quote does need amended as the charges increase elemental resistances only, not all resistances (which would include chaos)
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Nov 14, 2011, 8:05:40 PM
- Updated to clarify some things from recent posts.

Mark, do you know if the physical damage reduction from endurance charges is applied before or after the DR from armour? Or simultaneously?
The amount of damage reduction from your reduction rating compared to the incoming damage is calculated and the additional reduction from the charges is added, and then the damage is reduced by that total amount of reduction.
Ok so it's simultaneous, meaning they both act on the full amount of incoming damage. Thanks.
Updated for 0.9.3c
(0.9.3c)

Mana regeneration:

Chris said ingame it's 85% of max mana per minute.
While this seems right without +reg passives, I don't know how these passives are calculated, especially if you have more than one (like 3x +25% passive).
Last edited by siis on Nov 15, 2011, 11:35:12 AM
"
siis wrote:
Mana regeneration:

While this seems right without +reg passives, I don't know how these passives are calculated, especially if you have more than one (like 3x +25% passive).

If you have 3x +25% passives I believe it would stack to 75%... then you'd be regening 75% more than base, so 149% of your max mana per minute.
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
Does anyone know the exact numbers of the stun chance calculations?
"
siis wrote:
(0.9.3c)

Mana regeneration:

Interesting. I've been waiting for that info for six months! lol
Thanks for posting

"
taekvideo wrote:
If you have 3x +25% passives I believe it would stack to 75%... then you'd be regening 75% more than base, so 149% of your max mana per minute.

Sounds right to me.

"
KurzedMetal wrote:
Does anyone know the exact numbers of the stun chance calculations?

No, but I can tell you that that it is based on the % of life lost.

I can't think of a better way of explaining it, so here's an example. Note that these numbers are completely made up.

0-10% of life : 0% chance of stun
10-15% : 10% chance of stun
15-20% : 20% chance of stun
20-25% : 30% chance of stun
25-30% : 40% chance of stun
etc.

"Reduced Stun threshold" mods then modify these ranges, making it more likely that you will stun the enemy. eg 50% reduced stun threshold might do something like this (again numbers completely made up):

0-5% of life : 0% chance of stun
5-7.5% : 10% chance of stun
7.5-10% : 20% chance of stun
10-12.5% : 30% chance of stun
12.5-15% : 40% chance of stun
etc.
- updated for 0.9.3d
- added stun avoidance chance for energy shield (90%), and mana regeneration.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info