Mechanics thread

"
Vipermagi wrote:
Yes.

Then what mean

"If it would have caused a stun, the blocking animation is played, stunning you briefly."
"A stun interrupts whatever that creature was doing while a brief animation is played."

Block isn't action? Its event?
"Отрастил скилл - имеешь право ногибать" СерБ
Yes, Block just kinda happens - it's not a specific action your character takes (in other words, it's passive). The quote is referring to actions such as moving or activating a Skill.
if a skill is supported by a pen gem. say fireball with fire pen. does the fire pen work on me as well when damage is reflected at me?
fractured devourer:
http://i.imgur.com/MHuW96t.gif

@ScionLeTard @Tardesis
"
R33T4RD wrote:
if a skill is supported by a pen gem. say fireball with fire pen. does the fire pen work on me as well when damage is reflected at me?

Yes and no, if you did more damage to the monster more will be reflected.

However, reflected damage cannot carry any additional effects, it's just damage, so even though it's a part of your original attack it won't have resist penetration property.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
R33T4RD wrote:

Yes and no, if you did more damage to the monster more will be reflected.

However, reflected damage cannot carry any additional effects, it's just damage, so even though it's a part of your original attack it won't have resist penetration property.

yes, the first part is obvious.
yet attacks reflected come with their accuracy for example, or if going RT you can't evade the reflected damage anymore.
This is why i suspected the fire pen might be doing some work there as well. should do some testing I guess if i wanna know for sure.
fractured devourer:
http://i.imgur.com/MHuW96t.gif

@ScionLeTard @Tardesis
"
R33T4RD wrote:
yet attacks reflected come with their accuracy for example, or if going RT you can't evade the reflected damage anymore.
This is why i suspected the fire pen might be doing some work there as well. should do some testing I guess if i wanna know for sure.

Accuracy isn't an additional effect, it's a base property and only present if reflect was triggered by an attack. RT also isn't an additional property, it just makes chance to hit 100%.

However, reflected damage can't leech, can't crit, can't have on hit effects... it's just a bit of damage of your original attack that came back to haunt you.

Do mine/trap passives affect the secondary effects of the skills that they produce, like does increased trap damage increase the burning damage of a fireball trap crit. What about the %more damage bonus on the trap gem itself?
"
Jeebah wrote:
Do mine/trap passives affect the secondary effects of the skills that they produce, like does increased trap damage increase the burning damage of a fireball trap crit. What about the %more damage bonus on the trap gem itself?

Yes, if supported by trap gem, both direct damage and burning damage from ignite by your fireball will gain an additional 'trap' property, and be affected by trap damage passives.

Damage bonus from trap gem will work too, it adds 'xx more damage' to any damage that a linked skill does, so both direct damage and ignite status will be affected.

Sweet, thanks I was wondering. Because I figured the trap and mine gems added another tag, but I was not sure if it carried over to the burning damage too, Thanks.
If i have 50% increased fire/elemental damage from passives/equips and i hit a mob for 100 damage igniting him, will i deal 100*1.5*1.5*0.8=180 or 100*1.5*0.8=120 burning damage?
more known as: Elanif

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info