Mechanics thread

"
Malone wrote:
"
Kissan wrote:

Yes but not for that reason.

1) The game decide the base item you will get.
2) The game decide what rarity the item is.

I read the exact contrary.

1) the game decide if you get an unique or not
2) the game decide the base item

Do you have a link about this ? I can't find mine.
Last edited by Kissan on Aug 8, 2013, 5:13:35 AM
"
For example:
[there was an item linked here that has since been wiped. It had +69 armour, 9% increased armour, and 20% quality]
This Horned Casque has a base armour rating of 428. Then the +69 is added to get 497 armour. Then the 9% bonus raises it to 541, and finally +20% quality results in 650 armour.

Another example calculation
If you had a sword whose unmodified damage is 10-20, with the following modifiers:

50% increased physical damage on the weapon;
20% quality on the weapon;
5-10 added physical damage on the weapon;
passive skills granting 30% increased sword damage;
a skill that does 40% increased damage and 30% less damage;

the calculation would would look like this:

Base damage: 10-20
Stage 1, on-weapon modifiers: (10-20 + 5-10) x (1 + 0.5 + 0.2) = 25.5-51
Stage 2, all other modifiers: (25.5-51) x (1 + 0.3 + 0.4) x 0.7 = 30-61

In the first example the 20% is applied at the end. In the second it is added to the 50% increased damage.

One if false and needs to be fixed.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Last edited by Sneakypaw on Aug 8, 2013, 7:42:08 AM
Hi all, could I get a confirmation on how the penetration mechanic works? Got this from the wiki:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Penetration
"
Consider a player using a skill with Penetrates 50% Fire Resistance dealing 100 fire damage to an enemy:

The enemy has +150% Fire resistance, but is capped at their maximum fire resistance of 75%. The enemy is cursed with Flammability before being attacked, which causes them to lose 30% Fire Resistance.

The enemy first loses 30% resistance, bringing them down to +120% fire resistance. They are still well above their maximum, and their resistance value remains at 75%. The 50% penetration then results in an effective 25% fire resistance. The enemy will take 75 fire damage.

Does this mean that regardless of how overcapped an enemy is on a certain element, a lvl 20 penetration would always ignore/bypass 35% of the resists? Or is this a typo on the wiki?
"
Zealflare wrote:
Hi all, could I get a confirmation on how the penetration mechanic works? Got this from the wiki:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Penetration
"
Consider a player using a skill with Penetrates 50% Fire Resistance dealing 100 fire damage to an enemy:

The enemy has +150% Fire resistance, but is capped at their maximum fire resistance of 75%. The enemy is cursed with Flammability before being attacked, which causes them to lose 30% Fire Resistance.

The enemy first loses 30% resistance, bringing them down to +120% fire resistance. They are still well above their maximum, and their resistance value remains at 75%. The 50% penetration then results in an effective 25% fire resistance. The enemy will take 75 fire damage.

Does this mean that regardless of how overcapped an enemy is on a certain element, a lvl 20 penetration would always ignore/bypass 35% of the resists? Or is this a typo on the wiki?

If the target has 120% resist and you use lvl 20 fire pen it will lower it to 40% since it works with the effective value, which is 75 if they are capped or overcapped.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Last edited by Sneakypaw on Aug 8, 2013, 9:06:28 AM
On the subject of monster resistances:

Can a monster have a base resistance larger than 75%, e.g. Lunaris Piety?
My understanding is that only map mods and monster auras (and EE of course) can lead to overcapped monster resists, right?
Last edited by leugnant_quak on Aug 8, 2013, 11:06:03 AM
Does Inner Force increased the More Spell % Damage of Righteous Fire? I know it increases the burning damage on you.
"
Pakamon wrote:
Does Inner Force increased the More Spell % Damage of Righteous Fire? I know it increases the burning damage on you.
yes
I have a question regarding csc. I am dual wielding:

With dual strike I hit with both weapons at the same time. Does this also mean that my csc on both weapons are added together at time of attack? currently in the character panel it says that I do 27% csc on my main hand and off hand. This is adding some passives, and my gem is quality so it does more csc. I am just trying to figure out some more reliable numbers. It seems like I crit about as much as I don't so I have a feeling it is added, but I am probably wrong.
IGN: Nartu
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/lordgandalf16
"
rednick18 wrote:
I have a question regarding csc. I am dual wielding:

With dual strike I hit with both weapons at the same time. Does this also mean that my csc on both weapons are added together at time of attack?

Nope.

When you activate a Skill, you make one Crit roll, ranging from 0 to 99 (for 100 total possibilities). If you have 20% Chance to Crit, rolls 0 through 19 will cause a Critical Hit.

With Dual Strike and Cleave, which use two weapons in one attack, each weapon separately checks against the Crit roll. The two weapons do not interact with each other at all. It is possible to Crit with one weapon but not the other, if their Base Crit Chance is not equal.
I've googled a bit about pcoc and I know it's different from volls in that volls provide power charge on each target hit but pcoc only provides a chance to get charges when the skill crits. So I want to know if this has anything to do with multiple projectile effects from spells like ice spear/freeze pulse: do I get 5x the chance to roll a power charge if my gmp spell crit? Or will I still only get 1 power charge?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info