Mechanics thread

can we get some clarification on this please.

"
patch 1.0.7

An Orb of Chance is now much more likely to create common Unique items and less likely to generate uncommon or rare Unique items.

thanks
IGN: _Johnny_Blaze_
"
cocomoloco wrote:
Traps mechanics still confuse me.

Let's take Fire Trap.

Is it affected by Spell Damage % passives? If so, which part is (explosion, burning ground, ignite damage on crit)?

How do Fire and Burning Damage % interact with it?

Is it affected by Crit Chance for Spells? If so, which part is (see above)?

Does the same apply to Bear Trap?

All traps are categorized as spells, true, and the effect they do is technically a spell, however their damage doesn't have to be of 'spell' type. I'll break it down for you, there aren't that many of them in the first place so it's not hard to remember. There were a couple of threads already dealing with misguiding tooltips on traps and totems and the general opinion was to either remove any spell association on bear trap and shockwave totem or make them full-fledged spells.

Fire Trap - spell damage, fire damage, elemental damage and spell crit chance and damage work on explosion, only burn damage passives work on burning ground (not visible on tooltip), increased area of efect works on both, concentrated effect damage boost works on explosion only but still reduces burning patch size.
*** Initial explosion can crit and the trap can be linked with chance to ignite support to ignite the enemy, ignite status is separate from burning patch and you can have both going on at the same time, they both benefit from burn passives also.

Bear Trap - only '% increased physical damage' bonus found on rustic sash and some uniques. You can boost damage using added fire support and hatred aura, though, convert damage uniques like Hrimsorrow also work.

Flame Totem - spell damage, fire damage, elemental damage, cast speed, spell crit chance and damage, projectile damage and projectile speed.

Shockwave Totem - same as Bear Trap, plus area of effect modifiers and cast speed, char sheet states that spell crit and damage affect it but I don't think so, that one is a bit hard to check.

*** Also, Iron Will affects skills only if spell damage does.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Apr 19, 2013, 4:34:07 AM
"
raics wrote:
"
cocomoloco wrote:
Traps mechanics still confuse me.

Let's take Fire Trap.

Is it affected by Spell Damage % passives? If so, which part is (explosion, burning ground, ignite damage on crit)?

How do Fire and Burning Damage % interact with it?

Is it affected by Crit Chance for Spells? If so, which part is (see above)?

Does the same apply to Bear Trap?

All traps are categorized as spells, true, and the effect they do is technically a spell, however their damage doesn't have to be of 'spell' type. I'll break it down for you, there aren't that many of them in the first place so it's not hard to remember. There were a couple of threads already dealing with misguiding tooltips on traps and totems and the general opinion was to either remove any spell association on bear trap and shockwave totem or make them full-fledged spells.

Fire Trap - spell damage, fire damage, elemental damage and spell crit chance and damage work on explosion, only burn damage passives work on burning ground (not visible on tooltip), increased area of efect works on both, concentrated effect damage boost works on explosion only but still reduces burning patch size.
*** Initial explosion can crit and the trap can be linked with chance to ignite support to ignite the enemy, ignite status is separate from burning patch and you can have both going on at the same time, they both benefit from burn passives also.

Bear Trap - only '% increased physical damage' bonus found on rustic sash and some uniques. You can boost damage using added fire support and hatred aura, though, convert damage uniques like Hrimsorrow also work.

Flame Totem - spell damage, fire damage, elemental damage, cast speed, spell crit chance and damage, projectile damage and projectile speed.

Shockwave Totem - same as Bear Trap, plus area of effect modifiers and cast speed, char sheet states that spell crit and damage affect it but I don't think so, that one is a bit hard to check.

*** Also, Iron Will affects skills only if spell damage does.

Thank you very much, that halped a lot!
ign: PhrozenFlame
I am not sure if this was already mentioned, but will one freeze effect override another? For example a non crit cold snap freeze overrides a freeze pulse 500%multiplier crit?

Would this make the new freeze, which isn't as damaging as the freeze pulse hit and doesn't last as long, disable the old longer lasting freeze?

Or will the "longest" freeze prevail?

Thanks in advance!
IGN: IceboundHarpy - Rampage ( chrisstian5 ) | EU GMT+1
Last edited by chrisstian5 on Apr 21, 2013, 4:29:23 PM
"
chrisstian5 wrote:

Would this make the new freeze, which isn't as damaging as the freeze pulse hit and doesn't last as long, disable the old longer lasting freeze?

Multiple freeze effects of different durations count off their timers concurrently.

That is, the same monster can be affected by more than one freeze. Both counters are active at the same time; that is, they don't add up. The one that expires latest determines how long the freeze will be.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
If you achieve 100% resistance (with flasks, node , shield) does it mean you nullify reflect elemental?
"
Zakaluka wrote:
"
chrisstian5 wrote:

Multiple freeze effects of different durations count off their timers concurrently.

That is, the same monster can be affected by more than one freeze. Both counters are active at the same time; that is, they don't add up. The one that expires latest determines how long the freeze will be.

thanks!
"
Pakamon wrote:
If you achieve 100% resistance (with flasks, node , shield) does it mean you nullify reflect elemental?

Yes
Another question, does the reflected cold damage cause you to have the chilled effect on you if the duration is greater than 300ms?
How does Flicker Strike work? I play as ranger with acrobatics, and mobs with flicker just beat me up over and over again. Can you evade flicker strike? The amount of successful hits seems too high for me (it feels like only dodge works, not evasion).
And some tip on how to counter them would be appreciated. Running is pointless, evasion-tanking does not work, and those mobs use it even in melee.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info