Mechanics thread

<redacted>
Personal Item Filter(s):
https://www.pathofexile.com/item-filter/Rxpet8
Last edited by Censurri on Feb 9, 2021, 10:35:06 PM
It doesn't work. It calculates your ES first, then adds the final value to your final Mana value. Acro makes it so your final ES is always zero.
I heard something about a cumulative XP gain penalty for dying a lot, can someone please elaborate? Is this a thing? Like, you gain XP slower for dying a lot?
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
It's crap. The only death penalty is an Exp deduction based on difficulty.
"
nebunelux wrote:
"
AnnanFay wrote:
"
MackBesmirch wrote:
[...]

Percentage Changes:
Increased and Reduced are added together then applied.
All More and Less are applied individually.

Static Changes:
Anything with to, additional or starts with + are added as is.

Example:

Block
1% additional Block Chance

Since it says additional you just add it as is to your current block chance.

Correct.
He was wondering if you get block chance from passives without have any block chance from sheild / DW / Staves.

I don't have a character to test this on right now, but I believe you don't get the additional block chance without any block chance from the above mentioned sources. It wouldn't make much sense.

It's actual quite simple. There are no nodes that just say '1% additional block chance'. The nodes you can get are:
'x% additional shield block chance'
'x% additional block chance while dual wielding'
'x% additional block chance with staves'

Without a equipping a shield, staff, or dual weapons, none of these nodes would have any effect.
Hi,

I'm testing different support gems on my summoner, and I'm a bit in the dark when it comes to how resistance lowering curses interact with penetration support gems. Let's say a mob has 100 fire res, and EW brings it down to 60, how would the 30 fire pen work? I'm getting the feeling that it's not optimal to run curse and pen, and that it works differently from running say dual curse with EW and Flammability for example.

I've tried searching for answers, but to no avail. Maybe someone here can help me out!

Thanks in advance
is there any formula for how Quality affects stuff? Currently there's only a generic explanation of how it affects each type of gear.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
"
shadowbeast82 wrote:
I'm testing different support gems on my summoner, and I'm a bit in the dark when it comes to how resistance lowering curses interact with penetration support gems. Let's say a mob has 100 fire res, and EW brings it down to 60, how would the 30 fire pen work? I'm getting the feeling that it's not optimal to run curse and pen, and that it works differently from running say dual curse with EW and Flammability for example.

Resistance Curses are applied to the monster's Resistance stat.
Penetration Gems are applied after the Resistance Cap is checked.

A monster with 100% Resistances is still capped at 75%.
-Cursing it with a level 1 Curse (-30%) brings it down to 70% Resist.
-Hitting it with a level 1 FPen (-16%) brings the resistance to 59% instead.
-Combining both means we hit against 54% Resist.
-Combining two 30% Curses puts the monster at 40% Resist.

Against a monster with 50% Resist, same scenaria as above:
-Positive 20% Resist
-Positive 34% Resist
-Positive 6% Resist
-Negative 26% Resist

Penetrate reduces the Resistances by a smaller amount, but it also ignores overstacked resistances. It's great against bosses with a Resistance bonus, for example. It's also useful if you don't want to Curse everything twice every battle, and still get a huge damage bonus for your Elemental damage.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 15, 2013, 5:47:20 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
shadowbeast82 wrote:

Resistance Curses are applied to the monster's Resistance stat.
Penetration Gems are applied after the Resistance Cap is checked.

A monster with 100% Resistances is still capped at 75%.
-Cursing it with a level 1 Curse (-30%) brings it down to 70% Resist.
-Hitting it with a level 1 FPen (-16%) brings the resistance to 59% instead.
-Combining both means we hit against 54% Resist.
-Combining two 30% Curses puts the monster at 40% Resist.

Against a monster with 50% Resist, same scenaria as above:
-Positive 20% Resist
-Positive 34% Resist
-Positive 6% Resist
-Negative 26% Resist

Penetrate reduces the Resistances by a smaller amount, but it also ignores overstacked resistances. It's great against bosses with a Resistance bonus, for example. It's also useful if you don't want to Curse everything twice every battle, and still get a huge damage bonus for your Elemental damage.

Thank you for taking the time to answer, that clears everything up!
If I use Ghost Reaver Node and Life Leech Gem Support.
Does the "The rate of life gained from life leech is capped at 20% of maximum life per second." becomes 20% of maximum ES per second? Or the gem itself still calculates with my current Life

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info