Anu's Piscator's KB PS VP Wander (huh huh he said anus)

Do you think this is HC viable?
"
Do you think this is HC viable?

Not for me to say, I don't play HC for one and can't even begin to contemplate how one would deem a build HC viable or not.

I saw a lot of life wander builds surface in 1.3, both supposed HC builds and not. What I saw in most of the HC builds was physical/ele hybrids with layered defences. What they all seemed to share was a lack of dps. A wander's best defence is offence in both HC and SC in my opinion.

I limited my defence in preference for offence. Not much block, not much EV, not much armour, no Ondar's, no acro.

I'm rarely in danger and when I am there's the EV I do have, Rumi's, CwDT, chilled ground, ele flasks, warp, instant leech on GMP KB and a fist full of fuck off in PS. If stuff doesn't die before it gets to you, it dies when it does.

I could say "This build doesn't have the defence layers that HC demands so can on very rare occasions be gibbed"
A HC player wouldn't go near it with that statement, and the statement is true.

But I think the reality is, most (maybe all?) HC life wanders with layered defences are in more danger more often and completely reverse the benefit of the defences by the offence they traded in getting it.

See me play on Twitch, I'm not the best player, far from it, but if ever I die on this character (which is very, very rarely) it's because I was either punching above the weight that anyone would in HC any way or that I'm just being stupid. Build is not stupid proof :).
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Mar 30, 2015, 9:11:52 PM
Updated build for 98.

40k GMP KB, 98k PS.
Casually casual.

Small changes.

42.5k GMP KB, 103.5k PS
Casually casual.

What happens if you focus on lightning damage? You could put pol and wrath and empower on your alphas, plus Herald of lightning. I feel like focusing on lightning makes it easier to compensate for reflect, and there are a lot of good sources for flat lightning damage, plus it helps cut down on your auras, and you can run a penetration gem
"
spartansainy wrote:
What happens if you focus on lightning damage? You could put pol and wrath and empower on your alphas, plus Herald of lightning. I feel like focusing on lightning makes it easier to compensate for reflect, and there are a lot of good sources for flat lightning damage, plus it helps cut down on your auras, and you can run a penetration gem

With the amount of damage multipliers in effect I couldn't see there being anywhere near enough lightning damage to come close to compensating for losing Anger, which is a massive flat amount getting multiplied exponentially by everything and its father. We need PoI to shatter, not shattering means getting gibbed by porcupines, they are the Vaal Pact/LGoH counter.

Ele reflect mobs are a non issue (unless dumb enough to throw in a PS and that would still be a problem as pure lightning with PoL) they don't even need potted. Ele reflect maps are only an issue when your damage scales to extremes and can be handled by taking the steps I outlined in my OP. Concentrating on only lightning damage would pretty much be the same situation, lower damage, higher resist, I can do that now when the need arises.
Casually casual.

Hey!

This one seems really nice and im thinking of making it in bloodlines.

How would you recommend lvling it and changing to wanding? lvl/skills?

thx :)

"
Sessi0 wrote:
Hey!

This one seems really nice and im thinking of making it in bloodlines.

How would you recommend lvling it and changing to wanding? lvl/skills?

thx :)

You could use KB right from when it's available (24) and PS before hand from when it is available (10).

I'd recommend playing as Templar and pathing over the top through Witch into Shadow first before respeccing the bottom (Vaal Pact, Inner Force) route later, as described in the OP.

You could always go freeze pulse or flameblast until higher than 24, though if you want.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Updated OP with some screens of KB with Crit Multi gem, 55k GMP.
Casually casual.

Updated with recent changes that I may keep for 98-100.

Nerfed damage, buffed life.
Casually casual.

Love the build - first time I'm using crit and it's really a lot of fun.
Now I am level 88 and cleaning maps very fast.

Was lucky with my Alphas - round about 50 chromes and I got BBRR.
Have nearly the same equipment - only difference is, I'm using a Titanium Spirit Shield for extra mana-regen and extra block-chance (+5%):

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info