[2.0 update No EB? No problem] SuperNova | whole screen 111K DPS | Atziri ez 4 min all boss'

"
fishy12 wrote:
From my understanding of cold pen will provide a minimum of 30% hidden (not reflected in tooltip) dps. Against packs or bosses with cold resist it could increase your effective damage by more than 100% (if the monster has max cold resist). Your results may vary but every time I checked added cold provided about 30% tooltip dps so I went with cold pen for better situational performance.

I always felt the need for LL in my IN setup but if you can make it work more power to you!

Short version:
Safe: blue-blue-green-red
use added cold if it provideds ~35-40%+ tooltip dps of cold pen
High damage: blue-blue-green-green

Cold pen is awesome and I used it in 1.3 guide if you look. Issue is now I need to run flame surge and need two reds. One for fire pen one for LL on very hard boss for double leech (4%)

C2F is better IMO with snowforged, AA refelct, and gem swap dynamics..

All the cold single target spells suck or maybe I'd still use cold pen.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 8, 2015, 5:04:41 AM
"
tehregent wrote:
in HC version how do you find Cloak of Defiance over Carcass Jack? CoD gives more survi and Jack more dmg.

and Vaal Pact - must have or you can spec those points somewhere else?

I. Playing hc version in tempest have 6000 life. Its a differnt tree. Templar. 5 endurance charge and 230 % life at end game. Mom is terrible. Oom when in a pack is dead in the water. Mom good for range casters not melee. Carcass is best but my number 2 is kingsgaurd. Fat armor and spec all armor gear everywhere else.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 8, 2015, 5:38:01 AM
Hey man I've hit a wall.

I'm level 73, farming Dried Lake.
I die really easy and I'm not putting out alot of damage which is holding me back from mapping.

What are some things I can do so that I can start farming currency for my PoH?

Skill Tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAAv4EBwSzBUIHHg5ID6sRLRGWFkAWbxa_GGoaOB0UJIsmlScvKU8snC0fOVI6WDwFPV9BlkLDRXxFnUlRTLNSU1NSVUtVxleUWAdZ813yXyph4maea7dwUnDVcg98g3_Gg9uFfYnTjDaOZI9GkFWVIJUul5WXl5o7muCboZ_fogCio6cIrrO0OLb6wGbB88M61abfhONq5Rnr5Ovu7TzvfPAf8NX3pvrS-_U=?accountName=wurklash&characterName=TenBandsTwentyBands

Gear:
Last edited by wurklash on Aug 11, 2015, 7:37:50 AM
I also had problems there, but the Herald of Thunder + Curse on Hit+ Warlords Mark + Assasins Mark and the Skillpoints for Dualcurse that were recommended on page 9 really helped me through. I would also recommend putting an additional Warlordsmark in a seperate slot to cast manually when you don't get the lightning proc.

I also recommend for the Rimegaze the green red blue blue setup. Ice nova, faster casting, lifeleech and Coldpen. I first thought it wasn't usefull, but it brings the same DPS against low resistance enemys, and more than 100% more damage against resistance enemys. BUT the most important part about Coldpen is that it makes you more survivable, after many deaths where I wondered what happened :D I found out that I mostly died agaisnt blue enemys with elemental/cold resistance. This reduces your Lifeleech AND your Freezechance, + you take longer = you die often.

I also got a semi good Staff (I hope) for 7? Chaos or so. Definitly cap out your resistances.
Aim-Deep recommends 5link with dualcurses and 4k hp for jumping in, I did it with 3k hp and only the Herald of Thunder double curse setup (because I find it lame not to do :D). I also tried it before I had the curses, but thats just crazy. With 3k, its possible.

Also, when you have the curses on the Herald, get Lighningwarp with faster casting and reduced duration, if you have it in a 4 link add conductivity or something like that. The faster speed makes you so much more survivable.

Also, get the Immortalcall setup with increased duration, it helped me through some hard levels.

And get armour and evasion flasks, without them you can't jump into those enemys that take big swings with physical damage. I would also take 1 Manaflask with me, take one that has a long duration and doesn't give too much mana (if mana reaches max, the flask stops). Make it so that the flask gives you enough mana to cast full time against one single cursed target, but so that the mana stands almost still and doesn't go much up. (I think I had a level 50 that lasted 14 seconds with longer revocer time mod).
Bleedflasks are standart, but I would put emphasis on an anti freezeflask, if you get frozen/chilled, your dps stops, your lifeleech stops, you die. Never get frozen.

For Playstyletipps: Your best defence is offence. The 20q Icenova and the faster casting of lightningwarp really helps. Ranged enemys are the biggest problem, always blink on them first and freeze/kill them. If big hitter melee units give you problems, try to not port directly into them. Port at the side of them, your AOE will still reach them and only some can hit you at the same time.
For bonuspoints, if you are stuck in a meleegroup and you are getting shot by ranged you can wait for the immortalcall proc and warp during that. Sometimes you will die while porting because you stop lifeleaching, immortalcall prevents that.

Thats my expierience so far, I am 84 now and have skilled Acrobatics and got Atziris (I had shit boots anyway before). With 86 I'll have Phaseacrobatics. I got a lucky CarcassJack, that I cheaply 5 linked, now I only need that PoH.
Another question :D
I got the PoH now (6 slotted with 13 Jewellers, 5 linked with 6 Fusings btw :D staff for 3 Exalted with 134 spell damage, maybe I should put a divineorb on it.)

But now I do wonder: What colours? If I want to switch a red in and out I need Cold to Fire. But you said cold to fire is only good at a certain DPS? If I wanted cold pen and added cold damage I would need 2 Green slots.

The other problem is that with cold to fire gem and added cold I notice that I die against enemys with cold resistance because I don't freeze them. But with 2 green slots I can't use Lifeleech gem...

Right now I do 25k dps with Cold to fire and added cold damage (no charges).

What should I do? :/ Or, when should I switch to Cold 2 fire, and what should I do before that?

Edit: just saw this.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I should have mentioned emp not worth using until 3

And c2f not worth till 20/20

Level those in background.

And run your old set.

Basically you need 40% more DPS with emp/c2f to beat the old setup

IN, Add cold, fast cast, conc, cold pen and usually LL (safe) or added chaos.

I didnt really switch for more DPS. It's more AA now mitgates a shit load of reflect since most dam is fire now. Also to make easy switching in flame surge with fire pen + emp.

Ed your gear is fine. And ammy like mine is 15ex if you can find such. Not worth it. Just level the gems and hope for some lucky vaal 21's and emp 4s

Gems are huge compared to gear. Like i'm running 26 HoI (adds 7K dps)
24 Ice nova. etc

-Right now I am thinking I am just going to put IN, cold pen, conc., fast cast, LL. But with that I go down to 15k damage + 30%cold pen so around 20k damage.
-Or, IN, pen, conc, fast cast, and added cold. That would be DPS wise the same as C2f, + even more against resist enemys + I freeze way more. But no option for LL. (also it needs way more Chromatics^^).

I just need 2 PoHs, then I can have one with cold pen + added cold, and one with Lifeleech/C2f :D Sorry for bothering you guys, I am going in circles here, now that I have it written down I see my options. Still if you have a better Idea or corrections in my calculations every help is welcome.
Last edited by Lichtbringer_I on Aug 15, 2015, 10:51:19 PM
Hi, can i ask which bandits you recommend in which difficulty
online from around 1PM CET
Nice build:)
Last edited by M4xsis on Nov 5, 2015, 9:47:35 AM
Ugh, I have all the gear, and when finally able to use the skills @ lvl 68, I find that I am double warping all the time. I dont know if it is the lag I have or something else, but it makes the character for me unplayable.

Alright, back to the drawing board. Note to self, dont use lightning warp!
Don't Touch my Sweep please GGG!
Where did he get chaos dmg ?
Nice build. I'm going to try leveling/running this build (as a Shadow) in the upcoming Talisman League (non-HC, cause I'm a scrublord!)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info