PvP Invitational Standings so far

"
p0t wrote:
The premade characters should have come with tabulas and almost top tier items. Currently its pretty unbelievable how bad premades perform in pvp. Seriously, blue items?

I've only pvp'd with the premade, and I win well more than I lose. Probably running something like 3:1.

Tho I think the real answer is future pvp leagues will include the challenge leagues, and not just the long standing ones.
WE MADE IT!!
Guess it's only LLD?
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
"
KoTao wrote:
"
busy

None of those events even managed 100 players. Half had fewer than 50.

An alternate system to the current "bring your own expensive/legacy/ultrarare gear or dont bother showing up" setup is going to be required if you want pvp events to ever manage more than double digit attendance- something similar to races where everyone starts out on roughly equal footing, so theres incentive for the 99.99~% of the player base that hasnt spent the last year hoarding orbs and/or perfecting a pvp gearset to compete.

I think this is a fantastic idea. How about a tournament where everyone starts off with a free PVP-only character of their choice...? You lose a round, you're out, you win a round, you get to choose from a pre-set list of uniques and gems (including supports) to add to your character. By the end of a 32-man pod, it'll be high-tier level 28 builds facing off against each other with whatever customizations they felt appropriate.

I'm not suggesting this as a replacement for current tournaments, just an alternative, to be clear. There should absolutely be supported PVP for people far in-game richer than I am, but I'm literally never going to compete with them there.
Last edited by codetaku on Jan 6, 2015, 1:17:07 PM
"
777isHARDCORE wrote:

I've only pvp'd with the premade, and I win well more than I lose. Probably running something like 3:1.

You haven't even done a single event US or EU, what are you even talking about?
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
Its already a fantastic thing that we are allowed to create leveled pvp characters with free passives points to play with. It's a significative shift of mentality from GGG, whose stance would usually be "you need to grind everything you want".
The specific balance around PvP is also a good sign.

Think of Guild Wars 1, the greatest PvP game of all times (according to me of course :p )
When it started they mostly balanced the game around PvE, and noone really cared about PvP.
ArenaNet improved it gradually, and in the end you would be able to create a PvP character as potent (if not more) as any high-end PvE character. What made people good in PvP was a mix of experience, skill (and you can never grind enough of these), cooperation, and creativity. Not legacy items, or 200k dps.

I say, this is the begining of something. Just be patient and good things will come, because people want to play interesting PvP and GGG is listening to them and investing into PvP :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info