GGG_Do you know ur agent in Taiwan hacked over one month?

"
glh5 wrote:
This really shows what kind of people GGG are involved with. Same as Sony, a multi billion dollar multinational, who can't defend a few kiddies who spend a few grand to ddos their servers during christmas. Gaming is garena's business, they should spend more money on better technicians to defend their servers. It's not 2006 anymore.

You have no idea about hackers and exploit, son.
My Low Life nonShav's/Solaris guide -> https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192209/page/1/
does this mean GGG doesnt profit anymore form Garena because less people will buy MTX in Taiwan or is Garena paying GGG some franchise fees?

Just curious about the business model between GGG and Garena.
This will undoubtedly hurt the PoE Garena scene.
There's nothing GGG can really do though since it's entirely Garena's servers/fault.

Lots of people warned GGG about how shady Garena is, but it was still probably a net gain for them even after something like this (and their P2W shop).
Garena has always been a bad company, sadly.
been playing on garena taiwan server since its opening in around september i believe.

on 7th December 2014, while running maps, I got logged out of my account. Someone has logged in from another location.

After 5 minutes, I finally can log back to my account and of course, all my Chaos, EX, 6-linked armors (shavs included), basically everything that is valuable is gone from my characters and stashes.

filed a report to GGC, they say they can't recover items no matter what. deleted the game since.

It felt very weird because I have been playing online games for at least 10+ years and I never have had any accounts hacked. How did I fuck it up this time?

On 31st December 2014, Garena issued a statement stating that their patching servers are hacked.

I know GGG couldn't really do anything about this but..fuck this company.

(and of course, this did not only happen to me. On taiwanese forums, hundreds of players have reported that their accounts have been stolen. Yet GGC has NEVER admitted their mistake until it was too late. Their patching servers have been infected with trojans as early as July 2014 I believe.)
Last edited by tamsiu on Jan 29, 2015, 9:30:17 AM
"
tamsiu wrote:
(and of course, this did not only happen to me. On taiwanese forums, hundreds of players have reported that their accounts have been stolen. Yet GGC has NEVER admitted their mistake until it was too late. Their patching servers have been infected with trojans as early as July 2014 I believe.)

What. the. fuck.

I have no words for companies like this. They deserve all the hatred they get from the playerbase. I'm really curious what's GGG's opinion about this even though they have nothing to do about the situation.

I've heard a lot of bad thing about Garena since the taiwanese PoE lauch. This is just ridiculous.
"just for try, for see and for know"
Last edited by komlosi on Jan 29, 2015, 11:44:49 AM
That is...a.

catastrophe.
If GGG chickens made an action RPG, what would it be called? Path of Eggxile, a Peck 'n' Slash RPG.
Why was the helmet spluttering? It was a coif.
"
What. the. fuck.

I have no words for companies like this. They deserve all the hatred they get from the playerbase. I'm really curious what's GGG's opinion about this even though they have nothing to do about the situation.

I've heard a lot of bad thing about Garena since the taiwanese PoE lauch. This is just ridiculous.

And you know what Garena did to compensate the players?

They gave us a free subscription to an anti-virus software...
yep. such irony. they were the ones to fuck up and all they did to compensate players like me are a fucking antivirus software.

so anyways i'm thinking of picking up this game again and moving over to the international servers...
This is bothersome, even though it has no effect on me.

In a way, it does affect me though, knowing that GGG does business with such an irresponsible company makes me nervous.

Sometimes, you're judged based on the company you keep. GGG associating with such a company could tarnish their image. They should be more cautious when it comes to whom they do business with, imo.

I think we need an official response from GGG on this matter.
Never wrestle with a pig. You'll only get muddy, and the pig likes it!

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

"De plumber fixes de sync with de wrench." - Robert_Paulson
Last edited by GodlyMe on Jan 29, 2015, 7:30:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info