[2.0.0] Kaom's Legacy : How to Cyclone - (30C Atziri Build - Indepth Guide for Beginners)

Thanks for this amazing guide!
Made some small changes to tree and gear, but without your guide I wouldnt have started the marauder! :)

Have only 4.5k life at the moment (next 3 levels will be life/chaos nodes), but surviving is not a topic. Can do 78 maps including Palace Dominus. Dont know when I died the last time...
Really stable. Also reflect is not a topic. Just pop Atziri Flask and kill it in <1sec :)

Gear

DPS selfbuffed

IGN: LaImmortelle, HeavyMetalDisco
Shop: 606890
Last edited by nexxx85 on Jan 18, 2015, 3:34:59 PM
Wanted to quickly say thanks for the build guide and idea as well. I had an old 5L Kaom's Primacy sitting in stash from a few leagues back and am enjoying the combination of good clearspeed and tankiness. His tooltip DPS is only about 14K at level 86, but he hits much harder than it would indicate. I'll probably try him against Atziri soon after I've leveled a Purity of Fire some more.

I've been messing around with various body armors and have actually had some good results with this:

A bit of life leech and dodge are nice, and Cyclone rips through mobs so fast that it's not hard to have a 10-sec IC going pretty consistently if you have the patience to manually cast it. Even if you get hit and lose charges though, the movespeed boost from the automatic onslaught proc is pretty helpful for cycloning through packs as well.
"
Volren617 wrote:
Wanted to quickly say thanks for the build guide and idea as well. I had an old 5L Kaom's Primacy sitting in stash from a few leagues back and am enjoying the combination of good clearspeed and tankiness. His tooltip DPS is only about 14K at level 86, but he hits much harder than it would indicate. I'll probably try him against Atziri soon after I've leveled a Purity of Fire some more.

I've been messing around with various body armors and have actually had some good results with this:

A bit of life leech and dodge are nice, and Cyclone rips through mobs so fast that it's not hard to have a 10-sec IC going pretty consistently if you have the patience to manually cast it. Even if you get hit and lose charges though, the movespeed boost from the automatic onslaught proc is pretty helpful for cycloning through packs as well.

Daresso is a fine armor indeed. I had it on my last cycloner. I actually wanted it for the 7 sec onlaught, but it didnt get procced enought, since you killed so fast.

Will add to Armor section.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
Just curious buy why not use Marohi Erqi Karui Maul? Seems like it would be even better. You get movement speed from helm to offset the negative on it. It is the strongest and still pretty cheap unique and easy to get. And it has the bonus aoe? Plus maces can get culling strike now in tree(sorta). I mean the axe is way cheaper but still this is pretty darn good for the aoe I would think!
"
vortex315 wrote:
Just curious buy why not use Marohi Erqi Karui Maul? Seems like it would be even better. You get movement speed from helm to offset the negative on it. It is the strongest and still pretty cheap unique and easy to get. And it has the bonus aoe? Plus maces can get culling strike now in tree(sorta). I mean the axe is way cheaper but still this is pretty darn good for the aoe I would think!

Does nearly the same damage as Kaoms Primacy. Has only lvl 15 increased AOE. Feel free to use it, its not bad. Id rather go for Kaoms though.

"
Vincendra wrote:

Daresso is a fine armor indeed. I had it on my last cycloner. I actually wanted it for the 7 sec onlaught, but it didnt get procced enought, since you killed so fast.

Yeah, I hadn't even thought of the onslaught at first since I was just curious as to whether I could manage a perma-IC variation, but it's a nice boost that synergizes well with Cyclone when it does proc.

TBH I found the IC really isn't necessary most of the time given how survivable the build typically is, but I'll probably use it as my standard mapping armor if only because it changes reflect from a dangerous nuisance to an absolute joke, and reflect packs are probably the main thing that cause me to slow down. I'll probably swap back to my Belly for bigger boss fights though.
"
Volren617 wrote:
"
Vincendra wrote:

Yeah, I hadn't even thought of the onslaught at first since I was just curious as to whether I could manage a perma-IC variation, but it's a nice boost that synergizes well with Cyclone when it does proc.

TBH I found the IC really isn't necessary most of the time given how survivable the build typically is, but I'll probably use it as my standard mapping armor if only because it changes reflect from a dangerous nuisance to an absolute joke, and reflect packs are probably the main thing that cause me to slow down. I'll probably swap back to my Belly for bigger boss fights though.

That is typically right. Phys reflect is a joke and a CWDT setup makes it a breeze.

Ele refelct kills you. Hatred an HOA scale you so high that it gets dangerous.

Hey guys! I pushed from like 20 up to 55 yesterday and the build is going great so far! My only questions are how are we meeting the into requirements and how are you running 3 auras? I run hatred and vitality and I have like 99% of my mama reserved. For the into are we just stacking it on jewelry and stuff?
Hi, any suggestions on how to improve my gear?
I'm level 62, and doing pretty good, no problems at all, but I feel like i could do better.

That's my gear:

Spoiler
"
nbriles2000 wrote:
Hey guys! I pushed from like 20 up to 55 yesterday and the build is going great so far! My only questions are how are we meeting the into requirements and how are you running 3 auras? I run hatred and vitality and I have like 99% of my mama reserved. For the into are we just stacking it on jewelry and stuff?

INT from gear IF possible. Else get the 30 Int between the mara/templar and the 30 between the mara and Duelist until you get it from gear. Also run reduced Mana with auras, might help.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info