[2.0.0] Kaom's Legacy : How to Cyclone - (30C Atziri Build - Indepth Guide for Beginners)

"
IonSugeRau1 wrote:
Hmm ... quite interesting.

I was wondering ... at which point do/did you find the movespeed to become detrimental to your survivability ?

If paired with Queen of the Forest and a lot of evasion ... for example.

Just thinking of possibilities.

Also ... do you think it is possible for this build to work without regen and mostly based on leech to sustain itself ?

I tried to do a MS Cyclone last league with Queen/Dreamfeather. Found I was going too fast after trying it out on standard. I find 50% MS to be enough esp. with the use of 1 occasional quicksilver.

Ofc, the faster you go, the lees you get hit. My queen/df char had around 45k evasion before Jade flasks, but I needed too much investent into EV on the tree.

I got 700~ reg/sec and I can "kill" myself casting cyclone fast. I would not play without it. I think its possible to try it with LL/LGOH, I tried many veriants of going with cyclone and the reg one is still the safest for me (I got 700 lifereg ontop of 7% LL on 6,5k life atm).

You can try a queen MS build, but all my theorycrafts needed too much investment into EV on the tree so far.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
I think that a queen based build would be viable going 1h crit. That way you would reliably one shot enemies as you move through them. All the while moving too fast to even be hit. Post a tree and I'll see if I can give you some ideas.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Although I would love to use a one hand .. I feel it would be a waste due to it's attack speed basically going to waste with this concept. Also the tree pathings I've had in mind so far weren't really exceptional for a one hand.

I did have in mind crit however ... But instead of a onehand I had chosen the staff for the obvious reason of having good base damage. (Imperial Staff ideally)

I think the pathing for a staff is much more viable since it can get the required evasion/health (or so I believe). And to further boost the evasion .. Alpha's howl can be taken in order to use Grace as well. Also the Freeze immune is a great addition I think.

Now there is one thing it's missing which is Master of the Arena node. And in general AoE increases. I'm not really sure how detrimental that would be since I've never really experienced a cyclone build. Also staffs having 6 weapon range isn't ideal .. iirc.

My biggest concern however is ... Can it survive it's own power ?

Side note: I don't really have the time to put one together to test it out as much as I would love to.

Oh and forgot to mention it would no longer be a Marauder build .. oops
Was a bit unsure at first actually if it is right to post the idea since it doesn't really fit the theme

"Good luck on your naps Exile"
Last edited by IonSugeRau1 on Jan 9, 2015, 1:23:24 PM
"
IonSugeRau1 wrote:
Although I would love to use a one hand .. I feel it would be a waste due to it's attack speed basically going to waste with this concept. Also the tree pathings I've had in mind so far weren't really exceptional for a one hand.

I did have in mind crit however ... But instead of a onehand I had chosen the staff for the obvious reason of having good base damage. (Imperial Staff ideally)

I think the pathing for a staff is much more viable since it can get the required evasion/health (or so I believe). And to further boost the evasion .. Alpha's howl can be taken in order to use Grace as well. Also the Freeze immune is a great addition I think.

Now there is one thing it's missing which is Master of the Arena node. And in general AoE increases. I'm not really sure how detrimental that would be since I've never really experienced a cyclone build. Also staffs having 6 weapon range isn't ideal .. iirc.

My biggest concern however is ... Can it survive it's own power ?

Side note: I don't really have the time to put one together to test it out as much as I would love to.

Oh and forgot to mention it would no longer be a Marauder build .. oops
Was a bit unsure at first actually if it is right to post the idea since it doesn't really fit the theme

Feel free to try it out. I thought of going crit staff too first. But the damage output with only a Kaoms Primacy is so much even in 78s that I find crit to be unnessecary.

The biggest problem still is being melee range (Atziri Trio, some nasty rolled maps etc.)

I find it hard to survive sometimes with 6,5k HP and 700 reg/sec.

Bump.

So what you are saying is that Cyclone with attack speed is useless if using the second method you mentioned to cast cyclone? With cursour near character? Or does it still increase my damage?
"
korzasa wrote:
So what you are saying is that Cyclone with attack speed is useless if using the second method you mentioned to cast cyclone? With cursour near character? Or does it still increase my damage?

If you are recasting cyclone faster then your attackspeed would pulsate, then yes, all your attackspeed until then is "useless".

Does not mean attackspeed per se is unseless. But I found that I am casting cyclone at least 4 times per second even when in bad positions. The ammount of attackspeed needed for that would be immense.

Atziri Vid added.

Wow man, I was sceptic about that MS/AS thing, a friend just testet with and without FA linked to Cyclone and apparently you are right on that one! It took the same time to kill dominus with and without FA... So I will need to respec all the AS on tree I guess :)
Cyclone seems so broken then... nerf incoming lol.
Last edited by korzasa on Jan 12, 2015, 4:11:52 PM
"
korzasa wrote:
Wow man, I was scepting about that MS/AS thing, a friend just testet with and without FA linked to Cyclone and apparently you are right on that one! It took the same time to kill dominus with and without FA... So I will need to respec all the AS on tree I guess :)
Cyclone seems so broken then... nerf incoming lol.

Watch my Atziri Vid (even if bad qual). Its added on frontpage first post. Basically did her 5l.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info