[1.3] FrozenFlame - Flame Surge as a detonator skill?!? (all level maps with 4-6 ex gear)

I was wondering what you did with the Bandits for this build? Do you want the extra passive points or one of the other options?
Some mistakes found. Its lighting damage thats freezes while using three dragons helm. Fire damage shocks targets. So for freezing you rely on HoT.

But build looks intresting. I wonder if crit version would work. Main dps spell crits trigger Hot and it freezes all screen. How many chance to freeze you need to make to get this work? Also, my idea is to use
glacial cascade/ Ice nova+Cold to fire to get intial schock, and those spells benfits from taking Freeze, Fingers of frost and Breath of rime talents. Gems set up like this

Glacial cascade+spell echo+cold to fire+concentrated effect+anything you like
HoT+reduced mana+elemental prolif+(optional) inc aoe
HoI+reduced mana+inc aoe+cold to fire(if no vaal pact)/Life leech(with vaal pact)+reduced mana

I'd like to take vaal pact. Something among these lines

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAVa5Eq4-mghDfsCyc0PVBlgVCTLOus5f0UlOXlT1fakPAVAj0bRm86i0flSCCHsHz2wvBxYhCj_rsGPIdZJ3r9UlR8NUHHpUucFKJ03DVXfIOSBGW34RCw4w2Av4mlWHiVUsWv7iTzfp8gxEtwGZFRzLR8B-iAASzPAWf3-98gpuaO9Wm7TyQVScv7DixQvMRcYXAGho4RtdXKUWdmuDr7lNStz5Bh_nogsco-ti9_go1kqlutfIqOFXGg9sEBzpY

That way reflect wont hurt anymore since most part from GC negated from AA, and HoI+life leech

Btw, i can even use pyre ring and dont care about cold to fire gems and ignite for flame surge. Also longer duration on shocks from fire damage
Last edited by Bildukas on Feb 6, 2015, 4:15:10 AM
"
I was wondering what you did with the Bandits for this build? Do you want the extra passive points or one of the other options?

You can take all 3 passives or take 40HP on normal dif and 2 passives on higher dif.
ing: Storm_Gaze
"
Bildukas wrote:
Some mistakes found. Its lighting damage thats freezes while using three dragons helm. Fire damage shocks targets. So for freezing you rely on HoT.

But build looks intresting. I wonder if crit version would work. Main dps spell crits trigger Hot and it freezes all screen. How many chance to freeze you need to make to get this work? Also, my idea is to use
glacial cascade/ Ice nova+Cold to fire to get intial schock, and those spells benfits from taking Freeze, Fingers of frost and Breath of rime talents. Gems set up like this

Glacial cascade+spell echo+cold to fire+concentrated effect+anything you like
HoT+reduced mana+elemental prolif+(optional) inc aoe
HoI+reduced mana+inc aoe+cold to fire(if no vaal pact)/Life leech(with vaal pact)+reduced mana

I'd like to take vaal pact. Something among these lines

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAVa5Eq4-mghDfsCyc0PVBlgVCTLOus5f0UlOXlT1fakPAVAj0bRm86i0flSCCHsHz2wvBxYhCj_rsGPIdZJ3r9UlR8NUHHpUucFKJ03DVXfIOSBGW34RCw4w2Av4mlWHiVUsWv7iTzfp8gxEtwGZFRzLR8B-iAASzPAWf3-98gpuaO9Wm7TyQVScv7DixQvMRcYXAGho4RtdXKUWdmuDr7lNStz5Bh_nogsco-ti9_go1kqlutfIqOFXGg9sEBzpY

That way reflect wont hurt anymore since most part from GC negated from AA, and HoI+life leech

Btw, i can even use pyre ring and dont care about cold to fire gems and ignite for flame surge. Also longer duration on shocks from fire damage

Hi, Thanks for pointing my mistake. I will fix it in OP.
I was testing a lot of gems with this setup and GC was also good. Paper dps was worse than flame surge but clear speed was similar.
Introducing crit chance could be nice but heralds cant crit and I decided I prefer higher survi from freezing by HoT. If you like to have cric VP could became essential.

Last edited by LeMing on Feb 6, 2015, 6:40:25 AM
You are forced to take cold damage talents to increase chance to freeze. I prefer not wasting points for this, thats why i'm looking for GC as main spell. Still need answer. How many chance to freeze you need to relyable freezing? I think i wont go for breathe of rime, thats saves me 7 talents, but leaves with 25% freezing chance. Is it enough?

"
Bildukas wrote:
You are forced to take cold damage talents to increase chance to freeze. I prefer not wasting points for this, thats why i'm looking for GC as main spell. Still need answer. How many chance to freeze you need to relyable freezing? I think i wont go for breathe of rime, thats saves me 7 talents, but leaves with 25% freezing chance. Is it enough?

30% to freez was not bad, 35% really good. 25% is little to low and monsters were freezed olnly 50% of time.
I was not waisting points for cold dmg. The clear speed is based on HoI and it is cold. I will test GC some more.
So far, so good. Lvl 70 now. Tree looks this way
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAvYJXK_6z6QLfim0ZPV9SU5f0TLOXldD1QZausyycBUJqQ8BUCPS86pUgaxeCHsHz2wt-WX_GoqNd8g5IEZbw1ZUuBx5JUfIdZJ3r9Y_6Av7fhELDjDYmlWHiVUsWv0VHMtG4k836fIMRLcBmogAEs5_fPAXvfIKbmjsaOJBVJy_sOHGFwBqxQvMRtz5Bh_nogsco-uvuKjipbrXyNZLYvf4KBAc6WFXGg9tTUkWdmuA=

Using glacial cascade+concentrated effect+life leech+spell echo+lighting dmg(q20) (for shock chance). 4k dps with lvl15 gem. I'm using pyre ring, so no need for cold to fire support.

Only 15% freeze chance so far but it works quite good. Bought shield with +2 lighting gems for
HoT+RM+Prolif. (btw it works for prolif to)

For main hand i went for Divinarius dagger. I think its really great for crit build + extra aoe.
Reflect doesnt hurt at all yet. Dunno if its worth to support HoI with life leech? AA lvl14 negates reflect from HoI.

Going for fingers of frost wheel for more freeze chance and exceptional perfomance for increased duration on later levels
For a templar who hasn't been played for around 2 years and has no stats input etc.. would you say this is a decent build? I want something to use the character for.

I was looking I can get into your skill tree with these two methods, one is a lot of spell damage the other is a lot of mana recovery, what would you suggest as the "better" of the two having played?

I was thinking of the mana regen path myself
If you dont go vaal pact like me, definatlly take life+mana regen since you need it to run arctic armor.
Spell power nodes doesnt improve herals (only elemental will)
Hi,

Im running similar build but with mf.

If I run a 5l/6l Carcass Jack, what would be the gems?
Is this okay?

Flame Surge > concentrated effect > increase AoE > fire penetration > Spell Echo > IIR/IIQ(for 6l)
or
Flame Surge > concentrated effect > increase AoE > fire penetration > Faster Casting > IIR/IIQ(for 6l)

Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info