[1.3] Vaal Righteous Fire Build [Updated pre 2.0.0]

"
Have you considered using Kaom's Heart? Seems like it was made for this build.

Well assuming perfect rolls on kaoms 40% and perfect searing touch 40% fire 50% spelldmg with the 70% burning dmg would be 150% burning dmg and 130% flameblast damage vs dual doryani which goes from 180-220% total .

So in general it could work but you would lose one 4link possibly which would mean no molten shell with 180% life it would be a choice between 1232 life or 20% AoE and 50-60% ish burn dmg 70-80% ish flameblast damage . Also if you use doryani's belt over a high liferoll leather belt it would end up beeing something like 900 life ish gain

That is assuming perfect rolls ... So lets round it up and say its almost like losing the bonus of secound doryani also i've noticed the 2% fireleech from doryani's even with vaal pact is pretty nice to have on flameblast .

The damage loss isnt a big deal the only things i would personally miss would be the 20% AoE becouse it makes prolif larger specially since i use conc effect in flameblast and ofcourse molten shell its just hilarouse to see rhoa charge at you and get killed without doing anything leaving a nuclear crater of proliferation that kills anything else nearby

edit note - compleatly forgot about the +2 fire gems the flameblast damage would be higher even if you lose 100% dmg
IGN WitchesOPnow
Last edited by Serioslywhatever on Jan 25, 2015, 3:07:59 AM
After 2 weeks of playing here is what i'm using atm:

Spoiler

The build is really good for fast cleaning maps but has one disadvantage - any reflect elemental guy kills you in a half a second when you try your flameblast on him. Yes, of course VRF does not reflect but you have to first get the souls for it. Even with immortal call + CwDT sometimes is too less...

Ah, another thing - I've also tried this thingy:
and I have a strange feeling that spell echo doesn't work when I'm using it. I have completely no explanation for that fact :)
May God have mercy upon my enemies; they will need it.
Last edited by _phlv_ on Feb 8, 2015, 2:24:53 PM
"
After 2 weeks of playing here is what i'm using atm:

Spoiler

The build is really good for fast cleaning maps but has one disadvantage - any reflect elemental guy kills you in a half a second when you try your flameblast on him. Yes, of course VRF does not reflect but you have to first get the souls for it. Even with immortal call + CwDT sometimes is too less...

Ah, another thing - I've also tried this thingy:
and I have a strange feeling that spell echo doesn't work when I'm using it. I have completely no explanation for that fact :)

Well all i know about pyre is that if it explodes an enemy the corpse wont keep profilerating burn damage so its pretty bad and your better off using moka's embrace .

About reflect isnt really an issue if you play smart i've done elemental reflect maps easy with this , you just need to make sure you kill everything with 1-2 stack flameblast and let the burn/profileration do the rest (there are cases for example a rare stone golem raising from the ground or zombie pack it has elemental reflect and you only see it after you've charged a 10 stack flameblast .

if it still feels unsafe just swap spell echo for chance to ignite and 1stack everything instead of 2stack ( if its a boss i've gotten away with a 6-8 stack on a boss(alone) without oneshotting myself does require a bit of potion chugging )

Also you can easly check if spell echo works or not , hit flameblast once without holding it and see if it has 1 or 2 stacks or look at castspeed
IGN WitchesOPnow
Last edited by Serioslywhatever on Feb 10, 2015, 6:04:52 AM
Thanks for the inspiration, great guide!

I started it with Scion but would change to Templar or witch if I could.

The initial increased mana nodes feel like a waste to me, as Flameblast costs so little and I can easily keep it at 10 stacks without my mana even moving, not even using Clarity.

Here is what I think would work best as Templar:

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUA-d3Z_AmqwJqLjMBmn9_vfDwFgpuaO-w4wBoaOJBVJy9xhbFC8xFG13rmY_3tIKIABLPhc_Af7TzVpuQiGmw26eNqFm8kqp2uEmkXHHF5GGWnCNrd6-64kyTYhW3VgSj6QYf56ILHtz7-CjWS2L218qlueA1YrzbohykB5xRNpzCfyyycES18g836EFiHZTI0r7cfAgQHVcaD2zpYrJjxbOxVKo1JGzbYj6ZEq1Wu37CCEC6Ul4U09yGwU1JFnZrgGJG8n_xLl_RSU5eVTLM9Xyo48kU64aZXTeP-jw

My current gear setup:

I was using a 5L carcass for most of the time, but since I still have capped resists and 5k health I'm using the Tabula until I can get my Carcass Jack 6 linked.

Pledge of Hands really shines with the build, I can only imagine how OP a 6L of it would be.

Dual Doryani's Catalyst works great as well.

For nasty maps with reflect + ele weakness / minus max resists I use Doryanis & Rise of the Phoenix and have no problem at all.

I have so far one-shot all bosses up to level 78 maps (concentrated effect) - absolutely insane ^^

In the new league I will definitely start this build as a Templar. Easy to gear and effective!

Mortalo's Mirror Mania

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1872121

Creator of Blood Wing, Entropy Grinder, Eagle Hunger, Corruption Bite, Entropy Lock
[01.05.2015]

Update has been made. Would like to hear your feed back how to improve this guide.

Added a few new videos.

Thanks again for all the nice feed back and support!

Big Thanks to Bada_Bing for including my guide in Scion build section!
Last edited by Xeypht on May 1, 2015, 7:55:22 AM
Do you have an updated guide for 2.0?
Could you update the guide with the new content pleeease?:-)
Im a total newb at this game (started a maraueder that ended being total crap) then i created a scion following your guide, and it was working pretty NICE! i was feeling so uber and powerfulL, but since the last update and the fact that VAAL PACT has been moved, im completly lost, i actually even stopped playing hoping you would someday update it!

So i really hope you are working on a update! i bet im not the only one that would be happy about it ;-)

Thanks for the Build man!!
The build was great and had lot of fun with it ty ^^
Now i am curious to see how it could work in 2.00 since elemental prolif has changed :O

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info