Account Security and Theft Policy - READ THIS

can i beat the horse, can i ??? !!!

Stored password in CLEAR TEXT, WTF... serious, i mean... you're serious there. it's been only like 10 years i work in the IT fields, first time i hears a compagnie been that laisy, that is a f*** minus for you on my side.

but hey, that isin't the worst, the fact that you are talking about the **economie in PoE** and all the poste complaining about the same probleme (AkA PoE.XyZ.Is) and saying we can get caught by these site, but you don't gave us anything to solve the probleme.

When we will have a trade like a auction house.... will solve the probleme that WE NEED TO CREATE OTHER ACCOUNT AND LOG ELSEWHERE. im sure people have made the mistake to create the same user/pass as they PoE on other website promoting the game.

Instead of gaving us a wall of text of **why is the probleme on our side** how about you show us how you WILL fix the probleme.

Like : the fact you mention that in a futur update you will hide the password that is NOT hidend (sorry that one realy make me angry :S) or for the fact people need to use 3rd website to play your game.

It's not about the item, or the price it's worth that is worring me.... nope

it's the fact that you think that it's a trading game now... Hey isin't suppose to be a ARPG, kill mob/loot and have fun... not a Go Online/try to trade your ass off/get bored and leave ?

sorry, my 2 cents of bad mood of the day.
@above: This thread is one year old.

Passwords are no longer stored in clear text in the client.conf, as that was fixed one day after the first wave of attacks happened. Passwords have never been in clear text on the servers, nor transmitted in clear text.

The vast majority of account theft is and continues to be phishing sites, 3rd party cheating software, and the monumental bugbear of password re-use across the internet.

The things you're upset about are disconnected from what you're claiming would make you upset. GGG has little left to fix as far as account security goes except, as mentioned above you, the possibility of a custom 2FA ios/android app written by GGG.
i didn't know it's was that old

im MORE that happy to learn that my pass isin't stored in clear text. Working in IT field, that was somewhat suprising.

Thanks for the info
I've never given any of my information to anyone, yet someone managed to get into my email, change my password to my PoE account, and proceed to taking everything from my character... And all you can say is, "I would like to help you, but I'm not going to."

How do we know they didn't hack Grinding Gear servers and just freely take account emails?

You posted all of these reasons of how it's probably my fault for not being secure with my information and my email, but you failed to mention it could be YOUR fault.
"
shure58 wrote:
I've never given any of my information to anyone, yet someone managed to get into my email, change my password to my PoE account, and proceed to taking everything from my character... And all you can say is, "I would like to help you, but I'm not going to."

How do we know they didn't hack Grinding Gear servers and just freely take account emails?

You posted all of these reasons of how it's probably my fault for not being secure with my information and my email, but you failed to mention it could be YOUR fault.

Um no. GGG hasn't ever had a breach into email or accounts. If they ever did they would announce it and send emails to mass change passwords/emails.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

"
peachii wrote:
"
shure58 wrote:

Um no. GGG hasn't ever had a breach into email or accounts. If they ever did they would announce it and send emails to mass change passwords/emails.

This is sarcasm right? Because this is what sarcasm sounds like.
Thousands of accounts, some with gear and currency worth thousands of exalts, yet they chose you. Such terrible luck
well sad to say my accounts worthless now cannot even play in merc its that badly damaged.. 6links gone multiple master crafted ambushers / bows / maces .. all my uniqs gone tons of 20/20 gems.. and no items will ever be put back to normal due to their terms on this manor joy..... pretty sad with as much time and money as i have put into playing this to see the big picture of why i should not waste anymore time with a game like this Yes my account was hacked... no my password was not changed through my email but my account password was still changed im pointing this toward a server side hack imo i believe your security was infiltrated more than mine because clearly i never recieved a email saying my password was changed... or my account unlocking at anytime in the last 4-5 months in which i had not played... when i was robbed... i lost literally everything... like 3-4 andvarius... bringer of rain, soul taker, 6 link evasion / es chest.. which was amazing.. 6 link armor chest... good hybrid master crafted items which i made back in the league before the hybrid phys% mod was removed and i never traded any of those and yet im left standing here in the dark with nothing... tons of maligaros gloves gone lol even though i only needed 1 i had tons of them.. this is a joke... and a bad one at that
"
Killipse wrote:
im pointing this toward a server side hack imo i believe your security was infiltrated more than mine because clearly i never recieved a email saying my password was changed.

No...just no, if it was server side do you realize just how many accounts would be compromised?...pretty much all of them, there wouldn't be one or 2 reports per week about getting "hacked" over the last few months there would be hundreds if not thousands.

Also...once your email is compromised they can do what they like including removing any emails sent from GGG ,like the unlock code that would have been sent assuming you didn't ask them to disable it.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
How about this suggestion: If you get hacked and your items stolen, maybe you can get access to temporary non-tradable items and skill gems that expire after one month. That way it can give you a chance to do some farming and recover and it still will not affect the economy. Just a thought.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info