Season Ten, Event 31: 40m Descent Champions

To see your points in the current season (and its prizes), go to this page.

You are also able to view your season and events history on your profile page, under the Seasons & Events section.

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.
A guide has been posted here which covers general aspects and strategies of racing.

You are able to read up information regarding Descent: Champions events here

Dead characters will still be able to receive reward points in Descent events.

Top Prizes:

The overall top player by experience will receive 3 Reward Points.

The top 20 players of each class by experience will receive:
  • #1 player of each class: Demigod's Eye (Unique Golden Hoop) and 10 Reward Points.
  • #2 player of each class: 6 Reward Points.
  • #3 player of each class: 5 Reward Points.
  • #4 player of each class: 4 Reward Points.
  • #5 player of each class: 3 Reward Points.
  • #6-10 player of each class: 2 Reward Points.
  • #11-20 player of each class: 1 Reward Point.

Prizes for reaching specific levels:
  • Level 25: 10 Reward Points.
  • Level 21-24: 7 Reward Points.
  • Level 17-20: 6 Reward Points.
  • Level 14-16: 5 Reward Points.
  • Level 11-13: 4 Reward Points.
  • Level 8-10: 3 Reward Points.
  • Level 5-7: 1 Reward Point.

Alternate Prizes:
The following are awarded to all players to complete them, not just the first.
  • Defeat Rukuku, the Pagan God: 1 Reward Point.
  • Defeat The Brute: 1 Reward Point.
  • Defeat Hatestorm: 1 Reward Point.
  • Defeat Avatar of the Tempest: 1 Reward Point.
  • Defeat General Gravicius: 1 Reward Point.

Full-clear Prizes:
The first player to kill all of the monsters in any of the following areas will receive:
  • Normal difficulty The Freezing Chamber: 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty The Obelisks of Faith: 2 Reward Points.

Random Prizes:
Reward points earned in this race grant tickets in a random draw for the following items:
  • Alternate Art Stone of Lazhwar Unique Item (50 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Sapphire Ring Item (30 available to be won)
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
Would anyone have any advice towards fighting the brute as a tendrils/fire trap shadow? He always takes so long, my current best strategy is just to pick up a dagger and viper strike until he's down, hoping I block most of the attacks... when I run out of flasks I kill the minions and kite with fire trap but it always takes so long. Is there some sort of secret way to get a 10 second kill?
"
CabooseDog wrote:
Would anyone have any advice towards fighting the brute as a tendrils/fire trap shadow? He always takes so long, my current best strategy is just to pick up a dagger and viper strike until he's down, hoping I block most of the attacks... when I run out of flasks I kill the minions and kite with fire trap but it always takes so long. Is there some sort of secret way to get a 10 second kill?

could try this

pick up the viper strike and the bear trap on the way, find a nice 1h and a shield and put it in your wep swap, make sure you start leveling the gems as soon as you get them

other than that, idk
anything is everything
Please GGG make more game updates. I'm missing too less races through recently updated contents.
Seriously, it is just annoying to hit the game for a race 10 minutes before it begins and then seeing, that there is a new gameupdate to be downloaded, which will take alone at least 10 minutes...
couldnt find grav in time QQ :(

Wasted all my orbs on a jade chopper.. Was stuck with no damage til level 17.. Started to get okay weps then but it was too late lol.
"
"
CabooseDog wrote:

could try this

pick up the viper strike and the bear trap on the way, find a nice 1h and a shield and put it in your wep swap, make sure you start leveling the gems as soon as you get them

other than that, idk

Worked quite well, bear trap + good 1H weapon burned him safely and quickly

But lawl that race, so much ripperino
"
CabooseDog wrote:

Glacial cascade + added light?

Got a lucky alch on those boots.
twitch.tv/enki91
>RIP'd about 8mins left
>Ladder rank 32 at time of death
>Duelist rank 5th at time of death
>Lv20 :D

Happy with how this race went. I accomplished everything I said I would from my previous post today and everything right up to Inner Halls 2 felt smooth as silk. Only had 1 fire res ring at Inner Halls 2 so was prepared to die although that happened a bit earlier than I had hoped. I could have Mirrored my 1 Fire ring but I was gambling that a better one would drop since my other ring had great stats

My one major mistake was getting greedy with Chaos'ing my bow. Rolled over a +70% with 10% attack speed in hope of something better. Bad call, ended up with the bow below.

Dot Points
- I only killed blue packs all the way up to Necromantic Crypt. This was key and I was at one point in the top 15 judging by other people RIP'ing with similar level
- Talent choices and order worked great
- Had some good RNG getting % leech for mana/life
- Rain of Arrows + Added Fire + Hatred = insane oneshot dmg but horrid mana whore

Gear

Such a shitty bow lol

Next Descent
- Same as this but better
- Going for Lv21 for extra league points
- Keep good base bows Lv 16+ and roll IPD values at Lv20 at Inner 1/2.
- Don't be greedy Chaosing
- Don't yolo Inner Halls until <20seconds remaining

Fun race!
edit:final rank 9th Duelist, not bad
Last edited by alphaccount on Dec 29, 2014, 8:46:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info