2.0 HoA BURN - 3x curse INSANE dmg

im not dsyncing. no im not using lockstep with slow speed. it would happen once in awhile before patch but now its happening all the time. single target skills have always had that as a problem but now its much more problematic

ice shot is bad, IMO. it isn't worth the mana it takes to used it. i have no idea if i can freeze things with ice shot that i couldn't without it, that would be incredibly hard to test. i do know i can freeze things without it so i'll use something that i don't have to specifically build ALL items and passives around just to make useful.

for those who can perma-freeze bosses....they need to perma-freeze bosses because it takes them so long to kill anything since they spent all resources in order to freeze stuff, lol.

SA links are pierce/added fire/phys to lightning/PPAD/WED.
all of these new bosses don't have minions around them anyway so the HoA build is less effective. with the new setup i just swap out split arrow with burning arrow before facing off vs the boss and kabam i have a seriously damaging single target skill to focus on the boss. (ofc with the single target problem persisting)

other changes include using arctic armour along with HoA and hatred. i'll be using the new hyrri's ire instead of carcass jack. those changes alone will make me drastically more tanky. oh ya and using temp chains curse with ele weakness and assassins mark.
still using the curse helmet thing for added damage, but against bosses which i'd need it i'll switch to devoto's devotion in order to have very large movement speed (73% base with DD)
Last edited by xMustard on Jul 18, 2015, 4:53:25 PM
Hi! I really like this build - can you update your skill tree for Ascendancy? The links no longer work to the passive tree. Thanks!
this build works best as assassin in ascendancy because you can do it with chin sol/point blank and get high base crit as assassin on the chin sol.
i do have a build planned out to continue this because of all the changes and new supports, this build should get upwards of 7-12 million DPS on herald of ash overkill burn.

just depends how defensive/offensive you want the passive tree. however this build would work great with the new flask that summons some monsters, cause you just get near the boss, pop out a couple enemies (not sure how the flask works, haven't used it yet) then kill the enemies to burn the bosses ass off.
Awesome - please post it when you have it done!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info