2.0 HoA BURN - 3x curse INSANE dmg

bookmark
hehe nice to see someone else saw the potential in the new burning arrow.

i played a somewhat close build like yours last league to lv90 and that was a breeze. not exactly your setup cause i was in the softcore version of the leagues.

my setup was -> abyssus+coil+360 pdps (9crit) bow using blackgleam with 50% conversion and a double prolif setup. hoa 4 linked and my setup for burning arrow was ba+ppa+wed+inccritdmg+eleproli+addedfire (switched sometimes eleprolif with crit chance gem/pcoc) double curse setup on 5l (flamability+assassins mark) and offhand bow was using chin sol puncture trap setup (before nerf ofc)

with all that and 5 power charges i was able to hit (still do 42k now) 55k or something before nerf and before charges. i insta gibbed any mapboss/exile i met on any map. merci dominus lol what a joke...the time he used to spawn to phase 2 was the longest time i had during that fight.

with abyssus i wont play hc versions for sure although i only died to double vaal (with several dmg mods+ele weakness) due to desync and one time to the weaver since my chaos res is only -30%.

i absolutely avoided any other dmg on my gear then phys rolls or fire rolls.

btw for me the double prolif setup was better clearspeedwise then just hoa only on bosses i switched gems or used the offhand puncture setup. but if they have/had mobs beside them most bosses are anyways dead in a second. used grace+hoa thats it (used at sometime the hot coh setup but i prefer the frenzy+coh setup for getting charges and i had the 5l for it)

after the nerf to crit multi im a bit down in tooltip dps but clearspeed havent changed that much.

overall i just prolif builds (beside flameblast) like the ele wander i played two leagues ago or the burning arrow from rampage.

and its cool to see others have somewhat the same ideas....and still do it different...and also very successful.

gzz
Last edited by irukandji on Jan 4, 2015, 10:46:00 AM
ty - but keep in mind abyssus crit multi is only for melee attacks and does not benefit ranged. you do still get the physical dmg boost and stat boost tho. i had planned on running abyssus myself but noticed that its melee crit multi so the positive no longer out weighed the negative and subbed in for more movement speed.

also, what are some maps people like to see builds run in order to see how well they perform? i now have a couple of higher lvl maps so im going to save up some chaos to roll them. i may even attempt them on my 4L just cause
i didnt used the abyssus for the crit multi - its melee and suprisingly i can read hehe - i had 650+ anyways before the nerf of the gem.

and since nothing can reach me when im standing on the burning ground the choice was a nobrainer, i planned the build for full conversion and max phys dmg since i wasnt able to roll a better bow then.

like i said in hc i would drop some notes and get more life but for softcore 4.6k is good enough and getting the lightning res capped was not easy.

i would like to see your clearspeed - especially on the boss/es - double courtyard or something. mobs are not really challenging on prolif builds to my mind.

i may have to resurrect my melee ranger for HoA. im going to save up regrets and such in order to respec out of shield and around dual wield. probably dual wield bino's and doryani's catalyst since it boosts elemental dmg soooo much it would boost your base dmg and HoA burn incredibly.

you could dual wield catalyst too, which would be absolutely insane HoA overkill burn dmg (like upwards of 800%) but the bino's regen is just too good to pass up.
will probably base it around dual strike. would like to keep the 100% conversion to elemental dmg, but eh i'll see what i can do
new vid, how i deal with devourers - still just on 4 link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xY5zbmig8U&feature=youtu.be
so i have resurrected my melee version of this build with a few changes and it is insane.

i'll write up a whole bout once i get a few things sorted out, but just as a teaser take a look at this life regen per second

thats right, 19,111.7.
given that is with full dps gear (that i had on hand) and whatnot. but with my regular outfit, i got over 16k regen in docks. if i had taste of hate i'd easily get over 22kish
update****

6L'd my bow, took 104 fusings more than what i already used (1600). my damage is absolutely INSANE now. i was already wrecking shit with 4L even in party but now i literally doubled my DPS with two more sockets (PPAD and phys to lightning).

also changed out wrath for anger. fire damage scales better for me because of flammability curse. was only using wrath for more lightning dmg since my quiver gives lightning leech.

will get to posting more videos now, doing more maps and such with the higher dmg now.

also tried to change my melee build. turned it into molten strike focused on the projectiles dmg. absolutely insane the damage difference between HoA and something normal.
i had the best setup i could possibly think of. 6L molten strike, conc effect, PPAD, WED, multistrike, added fire i think was last one, doesn't matter. it sucks. had point blank, had lots of projectile dmg and one handed damage while wielding doryani's catalyst for massive boost in elemental dmg, etcetcetc.
was using my old shield and had lots of evasion, 37k base, 71% evade, 108% base movement speed (i think it was 240% with flasks) but the damage was ABSOLUTE SHIET.
don't get me wrong. it was probably great damage for a normal skill. i even tried static strike which was pretty fun with the movement speed but again the damage doesn't compare in the slightest to HoA burn.

so after a few more weeks i'll respec back to the screenshot above, bino's/catalyst dual wield. hell might even save up for another catalyst and try dual wielding that to see what type of damage i can get. no regen then though.
Nice build! Around 2 years ago (way before herald of ash) I tried something similar with a Burning Arrow build. Unfortunately it didn't work out.

Now I like to try again but as a Flicker Ninja. Here is my setup:

MAIN ATTACK:
Flicker Strike + Melee Phy Dmg + Melee Dmg on Full Life + Inc Crit Strikes + Phy to Light + Inc Crit Dmg

Spoiler

> I might swap Meelee Dmg on Full Life for Added Fire Dmg if I see that my toon is not at full life most of the time for the initial attack.

> Thanks to Phy to Light shocks could be proliferated further increasing burn damage from HoF, hence I like to experiment by swapping Inc Crit Strikes for Ele Prolif.

> As a backup plan for single target (if there are no mobs for proliferation) I can swap Flicker Strike for Double Strike or Frenzy, Melee Dmg on Full Life for Multistrike, Added Fire Dmg or Life Leech.

> I'm not sure yet what socket colors are better, GRRBBB or GRRRBB but there are very good options for both and since staffs are INT/STR based switching should not be a big problem

CURSE SETUP:
Ball Lightning + GMP + Curse on Hit + Assassin's Mark + Ele Weakness + Poacher's Mark

Spoiler

> Poacher's Mark to keep the Frenzy Charges up for flickering. This adds speed and allows to bypass Flicker's cooldown in case my toon doesn't hit or crit and it helps overcoming the shortness in Accuracy.

> As a defensive curse setup or for 1:1 fights I can swap Poacher's mark for Temp Chains and Ele Weakness for Enfeeble

> The required socket colors fit nicely on a INT/DEX based item like Carcass Jack

AoE DAMAGE:
Herald of Ash + Inc Burning Dmg + Ele Prolif + Inc AoE

Spoiler

> For farming and if clear speed is high enough swap Inc Burning Dmg for Item Quantity and Inc AoE for Item Rarity

AURA + MOVEMENT:
Wrath + Red Mana + Leap Slam + Faster Attacks

Spoiler

> If HoA's on-kill effect triggers on shattered mobs swap Wrath for Hatred

DEFENSE:
Cast when Dmg Taken + Enduring Cry + Immortal Call + Inc Duration

SKILL TREE (first version):
114 points

MUST HAVE GEAR:
Doedre's Damning, Windscream or a corrupted amulet for the 3rd curse

PREFERRED GEAR:
- Hegemony's Era
- Carcass Jack
- Maligaro's Virtuosity
- Windscream

With all the experience you have gained with the two HoA builds of yours, what critics do you have for my version? What advise can you give me?
Is it worth trading most of my currency and high level items for a Hegemony to try this build? Thank you very much!
Last edited by fae76 on Mar 25, 2015, 10:07:06 AM
Do you have a link to your melee version?

Have you tried Atziri with with either one of your HoA builds?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info