Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
TheEyesBoo wrote:
"
vontonberry wrote:
Thanks Enki for the guide, I'm new to exile and read up on your post and decided to try it for my first character ! Currently level 89 and just playing my way through maps at T11 currently

I had two questions:

1) Could you take a look at my gear and build, I just wanted to know If I was on the right track and what would be the next obvious upgrades? Arc level 21? Corrupted Impulsa for +1 to level skills ?

2) I'm currently dying a lot in maps, would you suggest I try shift my build to more life / resist skill passives and gear?

I'm not anywhere near an expert on this build but I took a look at your gear and you're running 22% fire and 46% lightning resist *total* in your build and ignoring a lot of the life / mana minimums that he recommends on some key items. As fun as I'm sure your damage output is based on what I see I can't imagine you stay alive long enough to use it in a lot of cases sadly.

"
blg_RealiZe wrote:
"
vontonberry wrote:
Thanks Enki for the guide, I'm new to exile and read up on your post and decided to try it for my first character ! Currently level 89 and just playing my way through maps at T11 currently
I had two questions:
1) Could you take a look at my gear and build, I just wanted to know If I was on the right track and what would be the next obvious upgrades? Arc level 21? Corrupted Impulsa for +1 to level skills ?
2) I'm currently dying a lot in maps, would you suggest I try shift my build to more life / resist skill passives and gear?

oh my god
What is your elemental resistances? 19% fire, -3% cold, 43% lightning. That's why you are dying so much. Fix them as soon as possible, you need all 78% with lightning resist higher than others (for the wise oak)
Your mark of the shaper doesn't work, your essence worm is not an elder item
Get rid of the unique belt and mark of the shaper ring, maybe even devoto's devotion and command of the pit gloves. Get as good as possible rares with +HP and elemental resistances on it

Thanks so much for the replies and advice @TheEyesBoo and @blg_RealiZe

I've used my stock piled currency and changed my gear to max resists and more max life and I'll see how I go !

But do please let me know if you think I've missed anything obvious in improving my current gear/passives or the next gear upgrades to aim for.
Last edited by vontonberry on Oct 20, 2018, 5:34:17 AM
"
vontonberry wrote:

Thanks so much for the replies and advice @TheEyesBoo and @blg_RealiZe
I've used my stock piled currency and changed my gear to max resists and more max life and I'll see how I go !
But do please let me know if you think I've missed anything obvious in improving my current gear/passives or the next gear upgrades to aim for.

I don't understand how do you live with active purity of elements and only 183 unreserved mana left. It's not worth using mana reserving skills with mind over matter from your passives tree (even if you have that "physical damage into lightning damage" on the watcher's). The amount of mana we need is at least 35% of our total health, otherwise you gonna end up with empty mana after every hit.
Turn off purity of elements.
Clarity shouldn't be lvl 20 too, it reserves too much mana. Maybe get Clear mind jewel(try to get at least 55-57% damage and as much mana regen as possible jewel) and turn Clarity off too.
Static blows on your tree is not worth it, it's too many talents wasted on +10 intellect. Get Inspiration and Constitution instead for more mana and life.
Further upgrades are gonna be +spell damage on jewelry, quality on your support gems, lvl 21 arc
"
blg_RealiZe wrote:
"
ChickyWaWa wrote:
Question:

I am dropping Clarity because of Clear Mind.

What is the best gem to replace Clarity for follow set up:

CWDT (lv7) - Enfeeble (lv7) - Clarity (to be replace by something better)

Thanks in advance.

tempest shield (lvl10)

Thanks mate.
Okay tested following gem combo:

Orb of storms + culling + onslaught support + arcane surge.

Gives nearly permanent onslaught this way.
Mana has no issues at all with the mana leech removed.

Only downside is the arcane surge only remains 4seconds this way so you would end up casting that alot more often.
But with insane cast speed it is actually not really an issue I guess.
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
Best guide I have ever seen in my life and got my highest level in POE so far following it.

One question: is there any software or way to show my my real damage?

Thank you
"
Earthslug wrote:
Hey,

Okay seems my DMG output is going the good way and Mana issues have been solved by installing that "watcher's eye".
I decided to try and "de-install mana leech" from the "orb of storms".
Replaced with "onslaught support".

Spoiler

I have to say the watcher's eye provides sufficient mana and I ran a map while having "nearly full onslaught uptime".
I just run into a mob and "pop orb of storm first", followed by just arcing them all.

I really recommend trying this!!
It's a good substitute till you get that tombstone shield and -1 endurancecharge jewels.
Against bosses you end up having a hard time getting onslaught this was ofcourse, unless the boss spawns some lesser monsters.

edit, recolord to try culling strike support instead of increased duration

Broh, but you should have perma onslaught with Ahn's heritage. You dont need to activate it from orb of storm.
is culling strike the best option to change mana leech?
"
ridox112 wrote:

Broh, but you should have perma onslaught with Ahn's heritage. You dont need to activate it from orb of storm.

Yes I know that's what is suggested in this build.
I just tried this as a substitute and the results are very satisfying.

The benefit of culling+onslaught = a pseudo 10% MORE overall dmg since everything hit by culling drops dead at 10%.
The second benefit is you can keep a high spelldmg shield AND free up 2 jewel slots.

It's really worth a try if you still don't have the shield or jewel slots available

Edit: and by the way, you activate orb of storms to proc arcane surge after all...
So really no difference there execpt ditching the increased duration halves the surge duration
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
Last edited by Earthslug on Oct 20, 2018, 11:43:02 AM
Currently I'm saving currency for Inpulsa's. I see most ppl say Explosion % >>> Effect of Shock and then Life\Increased Damage.

But does I really need high roll on %Explosion? Monster packs seems to die fast anyway but boss fight are more of a challenged. Atm I'm running delves up to depth 90 and lower tier maps (max 7).

Shouldn't I just look for high Effect of Shock and Increased Damage, then +Hp and whatever % Explosion?
Last edited by Moonshine_Wizard on Oct 20, 2018, 2:30:01 PM
Guys, what changes in gear and setup are you making for uber elder?

I made 2 attempts a few weeks ago but it didnt end well! shapers balls 1 shot me before I got a chance to get out of the way etc.

I want to make the push to kill him now before I relax a bit into another build!

I have 50+ guardian maps, 8 shaper sets and uber elder up. this needs to die!

Thanks, Matt

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info