Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

One of the best build guides I've ever seen written. I love the story line part and how you walk through every act. That really helps many new players or super casuals. I've told a couple of new players already about this build because they were confused and not knowing how to start poe........and I told them to make sure they read the storyline Act 1 through Act 10 section

Nothing against people that ask questions, but I noticed many of the questions being asked here in terms of why their build isn't doing well would have been answered had they just read the entire guide and went with the gear/gem/passives suggestions........When you deviate even a little from the build guide, it stands to reason that you may run into potential problems...I know that from experience..
Thanks for your build Enki it's really useful !
How should I improve my gear from now ?
I'm kinda low on currency and haven't unlocked the last lab yet
"
Enki91 wrote:
@Pangaearocks: Lots of questions there, gotta summarize them all in order of appearance.

A 5L Inpulsa makes the damage loss compared to a Tabula up with its shock effect, which gives us another 2% to final damage for each 10% shock effect, until hitting 150%.

Quality on weapons does nothing for our damage, but does increase socketing and linking probability.

I'm recommending Merc Lab after A10 Kitava so you can farm a little inbetween, level up your Arc gem and maybe gear up for maps already, which will make it substantially easier. Countering the second resistance penalty isn't hard.

You eventually want Lv21 Vaal Arc and Lv4 Empower for the huge base damage increases. Currency is pretty easy to build up once you're geared and just map, alch them and pick up loot and check out the guide on how to figure out if something is valuable in First Steps section.

Shock Nova on CwDt won't help, just like with Arc the shock effect it grants is only for the skill itself, you don't gain global shock effect. Same goes for its damage.

Thank you for the detailed answers, particularly clearing up the Shock Nova question. I'll just keep going with the guide then, as much as I can.

I've brought some equipment, but I'm really struggling to fit all the pieces together given my budget of around 240 chaos. A good chunk, but pitiful compared with some of the items being recommended. I find shield charge kinda slow and cumbersome, so would really prefer movement speed on the boots, but then everything is expensive.

Could you or somebody else knowledgeable please take a look at my build/gear and make recommendations for improvements? Yes, much can be improved and I've looked long and hard at many options, but I don't want to blow 70 chaos on a pair of boots and then hear they're kinda crap, since I can't afford to make mistakes like that. I did find an Essence Worm while mapping earlier and have a decently levelled Wrath, but can't equip it yet due to resistances. The helmet brings a whole heap, but is otherwise not much to write home about.

I've tried to keep on top with LibreOffice to easier calculate things, and this is my current setup.
Spoiler

I also have a self-found Careful planning jewel that takes care of dex requirements.

I've tried searching for items with a free prefix or suffix, but it's hard to find what I'm looking for, and it's often very expensive. I also need to keep in mind the Wise Oak flask for later. And if I got that right, we need to have lightning resistance highest to get the effect we want. So basically I'm finding it hard to juggle all these requirements and find something that is truly good and fitting for the build without blowing the whole budget on 2-3 pieces.

PS: Currently I have 4300 life and 1200 unreserved Mana (without Wrath).
Last edited by Pangaearocks on Jul 21, 2018, 12:36:32 AM
Spoilers are there to make it easier to read
"
Pangaearocks wrote:

I've tried to keep on top with LibreOffice to easier calculate things, and this is my current setup.
Spoiler
Spoiler

Try using PoB instead of that spreadsheet, its painful to calculate like that so heres something i find less complicated to use personally:

You need to get better boots somehting like these:
Spoiler
Rarity: Rare
Havoc Dash
Goliath Greaves
--------
Armour: 177
--------
Requirements:
Level: 54
Str: 95
--------
Sockets: B-R
--------
Item Level: 72
--------
+20% to Fire Resistance
+19% to Cold Resistance
+38% to Lightning Resistance
30% increased Movement Speed
+52 to maximum Life

they are for 5c in incursion (https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Incursion/O6LqrOCE 3rd from top at the time im writing this,if you are not playing SSF ).
That way, you can remove ring 1 and equip EW with wrath. In terms of belt, are you using stygian vise base or something else?
If the answer to my question is no, then try getting something like that:

Spoiler
Rarity: Rare
Fate Snare
Stygian Vise
--------
Requirements:
Level: 40
--------
Sockets: A
--------
Item Level: 76
--------
Has 1 Abyssal Socket
--------
+58 to maximum Life
+30% to Cold Resistance
+31% to Lightning Resistance
+11% to Chaos Resistance (this one is for 1c ,same trade link, just change stats and bases for belt, stygian vise, etc.)

And for styg vise grab an abyss jewel (if you dont know- you have a socket in styg vise belt for it)
Spoiler
(Rarity: Magic
Stalwart Hypnotic Eye Jewel of Potency
--------
Abyss
--------
Requirements:
Level: 65
--------
Item Level: 83
--------
+11% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
+46 to maximum Life

Thats my 10cent for you and i hope it will help somehow. Also take that items only as examples, im not expert on this topic so wait for confirmation from other players.

Last edited by AbyssOfManus on Jul 21, 2018, 6:18:52 AM
"
AbyssOfManus wrote:
Thats my 10cent for you and i hope it will help somehow. Also take that items only as examples, im not expert on this topic so wait for confirmation from other players.

Thanks for the advice and item links. Didn't end up buying those, but have got some others which I think were good deals, so it's finally starting to come together.

I'm now looking at the possibility of Mind of the Council and/or Watcher's Eye. Which is better of these? It looks like the Watcher's Eye when it comes to mana leech when I put it into PoB, but would like to hear from people with actual experience. I reckon it may be tricky to properly calculate the mana leech of Mind of the Council for PoB as it depends on how many enemies you shock.

For instance, would this item alone be enough in boss fights?

It looks like Watcher's Eye is the better option, although the extra mana (life) from the helmet is tempting too. Would getting both, if I can afford it, be madness and a waste?

Here are the items I've got so far btw. Looked at changing the remaining ring too, but probably not worth it for now. Also I had no idea the Essence Worm worked like that. Thought we in effect got 10% more mana than without it (50%-40%), but it's another quirk of the increased/more thing... Means that ring is frickin' awesome!
Spoiler

The belt I have is a Stygian Vise. It's not fantastically rolled, but I'm thinking it is okay for now. Can change the craft on the amulet if needed, but for now I've left it.

edit: As an aside, I should really figure out what's worth keeping of this :blush:
Spoiler

edit2: One more question (sorry): Does Innervate work with golems? I'm not sure if this counts as "hit enemies yourself" or not. It's mentioned totems and traps don't count, but golems aren't mentioned (unless they count as totems).
Last edited by Pangaearocks on Jul 21, 2018, 11:15:11 AM
Enki91 great build! I following it from act 3 or 4. It's great build!

I have this Armor and put:

Arc - 20 lvl
Empower - 2 lvl
Added Lightning Damage Support - 20 lvl
Lightning Penetration Support - 20 lvl
Controlled Destruction Support - 19 lvl
Spell Echo Support - 20 lvl

With all other items, that give me 27401.99 dmg

I buy Tabula Rasa for testing and this is the results:

Arc - 20 lvl
Added Lightning Damage Support - 20 lvl
Lightning Penetration Support - 20 lvl
Controlled Destruction Support - 19 lvl
Spell Echo Support - 20 lvl
Elemental Focus Support - 19 lvl

With all other items, that five me 38190.3 dmg

I can change Lightning Penetration Support - 20 lvl with Efficacy Support - 19 lvl and that gives 45 329.44 dmg, but Enki91 show me that this -37% Penetration are better.
38190.3 * 1.37 = 52320.71

Maybe when my Empower is 4 lvl will be better, but is very hard to lvl up :(
Last edited by Belqta on Jul 22, 2018, 2:40:35 AM
"
Pangaearocks wrote:

I'm now looking at the possibility of Mind of the Council and/or Watcher's Eye. Which is better of these? It looks like the Watcher's Eye when it comes to mana leech when I put it into PoB, but would like to hear from people with actual experience. I reckon it may be tricky to properly calculate the mana leech of Mind of the Council for PoB as it depends on how many enemies you shock.

For instance, would this item alone be enough in boss fights?

It looks like Watcher's Eye is the better option, although the extra mana (life) from the helmet is tempting too. Would getting both, if I can afford it, be madness and a waste?

Not Enki but I can give you my experience: watcher's eye + clarity are more than enough to sustain mana. It happens to go oom after a few big hits (expecially from late bosses) but clarity's regen gives you the opportunity to pop orb of storm or cast a single arc which basically refills your mana pool in an istant.
On the other side, if you're willing to get a pair of gloves with blind and faster casting for orb of storm (which I highly recommend) you'll need an helm with resistances to compensate the lack of defences in the gloves slot, so no mind of the council with this setup.
"
Mentoya wrote:
One of the best build guides I've ever seen written. I love the story line part and how you walk through every act. That really helps many new players or super casuals. I've told a couple of new players already about this build because they were confused and not knowing how to start poe........and I told them to make sure they read the storyline Act 1 through Act 10 section

Ditto! :)

I'm trying this in IHCSSFBTW (just to test something for the next 1month event) and I'm having one of the smoothest SSF leveling experiences ever. I will sure return again to this build in the future. Thanks for constant updating. Keep up the good work :)
The Narra-Tor
"
diablo119 wrote:
"
Pangaearocks wrote:
I'm now looking at the possibility of Mind of the Council and/or Watcher's Eye. Which is better of these?

Not Enki but I can give you my experience: watcher's eye + clarity are more than enough to sustain mana. It happens to go oom after a few big hits (expecially from late bosses) but clarity's regen gives you the opportunity to pop orb of storm or cast a single arc which basically refills your mana pool in an istant.
On the other side, if you're willing to get a pair of gloves with blind and faster casting for orb of storm (which I highly recommend) you'll need an helm with resistances to compensate the lack of defences in the gloves slot, so no mind of the council with this setup.

Thanks for the answer. I appreciate it. I actually came in here to mention I just bought one. Cost an arm and a leg (50 chaos), but I think that's a relatively good deal, especially in light of the good Wrath roll. I've had real issues lately in the temple. Both with barely staying alive (and dying in a couple incursions, so I may not do them any more) and having mana bottomed out. The mana flask helps, but another big hit, and boom it's out again.

My gear isn't fantastic by any means, but I hope it will be good enough for a while forward. The biggest issue is often pitiful damage against bosses. I'm so used to the Cleave/Double Strike Jugg that mostly ruin bosses, so this is a big change of pace.

But that notwithstanding I'm quite pleased with the current setup, and it will be very interesting to test out now when Watcher's Eye. Also got a fantastic deal on a Empower lvl2 20% yesterday, for 5 chaos. Thought it was a fake deal, but had to try, and glad it wasn't :)

Resistances are virtually topped up now, and will be when I do the last Lab. Tempting to have a go now actually, if the layout is good today. Just hope this character can deal with uber Izaro. He's a tough bastard, especially in the last fight.

Current gear, if somebody want to take a look.
Spoiler

==> 50 chaos

==> 5 chaos

edit: That's a no on the lab today. Gargoyles are tough to take out, and surely much worse with this one, and essences can be a pain too as they keep "respawning". Best to wait I think.
Last edited by Pangaearocks on Jul 22, 2018, 9:45:12 AM
Been pushing this build most of the league and it's been a blast. I've never taken out Shaper or Uber Elder before but might be about ready. Died once to shaper but that seemed to be lag more than gear.

1. Arc is at level 26 (empower, +1 gems). At that point, POB says that 20/20 faster casting is better dps than 20/20 added lightning. It's going to eat up more mana, but with watcher's eye that shouldn't be much of an issue. Also, I don't have much cast speed on my gear. With more casts, that's more chance to hinder, less igniting conflux damage, more critical strikes. That seems to be about it. Would faster casting be a win at that point?

2. You don't list the % of Damage Taken Gained As Mana as a secondary watcher's eye stat to target. It looks like it would help give you a decent chunk of mana when you need it (after you get a big hit). Is that mod worse than it seems?

3. With Rathpith Globe and 2x Reckless Defense, there isn't a use for Stone of Lazwhar, right? Or can you get over 100% block chance applied to spells?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info