Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

What you think about this spec then. I change only a few thinks for Heart of Thunder.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBAQkEswVCBx4I9A3RDkgQWBEPEZYTnhZvFr8W8xcvGGoabBvxHRQfxyBuIvQkqiY8JpUnLylPK3gsnC2LL5026TlSOlg62DvjQZZEq0T7RZ1JUUwtTLNQMFNSVUtVrlXGVdZXK1gHXfJfKmHiY0NkCWSdZOdqQ2u3bAttGXBScNV0VX4zfq9-x3_GgKSCEIKbhTKFfYnTiiiMNo0ZjmSPRo-mj_qQVZMnlS6WdJrgm6GdrqIApJGnCKyYrrO2hrb6vYLAVMBm0B_Q9dWm2V_bXt2M37DgEuFz42rkIuWL6-7r9ew47SDv6_DV8h33pvfX-tL-sw==
"
Psycee wrote:
What you think about this spec then. I change only a few thinks for Heart of Thunder.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBAQkEswVCBx4I9A3RDkgQWBEPEZYTnhZvFr8W8xcvGGoabBvxHRQfxyBuIvQkqiY8JpUnLylPK3gsnC2LL5026TlSOlg62DvjQZZEq0T7RZ1JUUwtTLNQMFNSVUtVrlXGVdZXK1gHXfJfKmHiY0NkCWSdZOdqQ2u3bAttGXBScNV0VX4zfq9-x3_GgKSCEIKbhTKFfYnTiiiMNo0ZjmSPRo-mj_qQVZMnlS6WdJrgm6GdrqIApJGnCKyYrrO2hrb6vYLAVMBm0B_Q9dWm2V_bXt2M37DgEuFz42rkIuWL6-7r9ew47SDv6_DV8h33pvfX-tL-sw==

We spoke ingame already, but i'll post here for others to read aswell.

I do not recommend to change anything on the passive tree as posted in my guide, i've tested lots of different setups but this one is the most balanced. I often see people dropping the flask nodes for more DPS and then complain to me they die, this will be the case with that passive tree aswell.

I've added some words about a CotB-optimized passive tree, and why there will never be one in here in the FAQ section.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 wrote:
"
honerpro wrote:

Would it be worth using this for the crit? Looks pretty tasty to me but Idk...

Nope, it would really only give you 11% crit chance. The other two affixes are due to their wording exclusive to weapons (attacks) and will not affect spells.

wow, my bad. alrite. one last question then i stop bothering! i managed to 6 link a kingsguard, was just fooling around abit. now, i dont know if i sell it and buy a rare chest to get my res up or use it and replace other items instead? i'm kind of in a pickle atm, been checking out the different items you've suggested and placed my eyes on two wands so most of my currency is going there. my mana pool is solid, dmg is solid, its just the res.
You know, after you told that feller not to use Three Dragons, you made me dust off my old mask and try it out on this build, just for giggles.

I have to say, freeze critting with Arc is pretty awesome for survival. Stack Herald of Ice on top of that, and you partially make up the lost shock DPS via the death explosions and ignites. Add Curse on Hit/Poacher's Mark to HoI and you then get a very reliable source of frenzy charges when facing packs. Frenzy is all kinds of good in 2.0, and synergy with this build is pretty solid (even with just 3 charges). Icing on the cake (see what I did there?) the life/mana on hit from PM also helps with survival and smothering maps (and doesn't step on Warlord's Mark either)...

For an extra bonus, the fire damage to spells mod on gear gets you your shock back if you really want it.

Downside, if you want to run HoI along with Clarity and Wrath, you cut your free mana in half, which totally borks MoM (it's really really borked with a legacy Cloak of Defiance). But drop Clarity and you start to struggle and fire blanks, especially after taking a big hit.

Drop Wrath and run HoT instead, you get your free mana back, but you drop tooltip DPS quite a bit. However, it doesn't seem to hurt clear speed at all (if anything, it's a bit faster, but I haven't tested it on anything higher than 74 maps).

Haven't actually done the math, but I'd like to think HoI/HoT/Three Dragons could have the potential to narrow (not close) the gap with your "standard" Wrath/Clarity-only build once you have all your charges up, but getting to that point is still random and not always consistent, and has your willy a bit in the wind against single targets.

But I'm going to keep mucking around with it, the freeze and shatter is just too damned nice with this build to just walk away from. I do know that ZO/EB is probably not the answer, but I might (temporarily) pull the 4 points out of Devotion to give it a try.

Hi, May I know what is your dps ?

I am currently lvl 73 and using 5L. and my dps with power charge is only about 8.3k =/
(I have max full res and about 30% crit chance with 5 power charge)
@honerpro: If you really need the resistances, sell the kingsguard and buy a nice 6l with life and resis.

@Capozzi: Cool to see people trying new stuff :)
My problem with Three Dragons is that you're giving up the ability to shock, and fire dmg to spells on gear is usually not enough to shock big single targets.
With Call of the Brotherhood you get less freeze duration, but are still able to shock (which often makes up for the lower freeze duration).

CoH + Poachers Mark on HoI sounds like a good idea, you could also try Ice Bite though it's not as reliable i guess.

Keep on testing, i'm curious what you can come up with! :)

@VeraGene: Don't worry, your DPS is fine for your level. Most damage comes through gem levels, 6th link and stacking lots of crit/crit multi along with cast speed on gear/passive tree.

My DPS at Lv82 in Warbands was around 15k in a 6L with Lv19 gems, in Standard i'm getting 42k unbuffed/62k buffed at Lv95 in a 6L with Lv21 gems. See the difference?
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Jul 27, 2015, 2:00:49 PM
I am trying to use this build with Call of the Brotherhood and had a question. How exactly would arc that does cold damage work with elemental equilibrium?

Also would Hypothermia or Ice Bite worth using? I was thinking about something like arc/echo/faster cast/power charge on crit/Ice Bite

p.s. Edit: This is the build I was thinking about. If you have time to check it out that would be great. How big of a loss is droping MoM?

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMB37CCEAelAuNJsiycK3gfxy2LbRki9GwLkycvnRbzJjwI9MBUakN_xhGWDkgN0WNDXfJCw9-EjDZw1YnTcFIHHpUu8NVJUY_66_VknfIdBUJBltD1rrNMsyBuUDDbXhEPrJg6WFXG99eboRhqOVJYB49GHRSOZPemtvoWbySqNunjahps5CIpT2u3hX1XlNWm4XOiAASzwGaCm0wtEFinCJ2u5Ysb8e0gtoaWdOw4OtgnL5BVVUth4iaVFr9E-zvjiih-xwL-cg9xhfMRsUL60hcvZOdV1oCkZp5kCQ==
Last edited by brye on Jul 27, 2015, 9:03:14 PM
lol, my only option to be able to use facebreakers or Maligaro's Virtuosity is to buy a 6l chest that isnt a tabula, ffs lol. 2 poor for that. unless someone can find another option so i can be able to use the crit gloves.
I would like to hear the reasoning behind the Alchemist notable passive. Also, why not the 3 4% cast speed nodes near the Shadow start area (neighbouring Trickery)? 12% cast speed seems like an absurd boost.
Last edited by MephySix on Jul 28, 2015, 12:17:30 AM
@brye: Elemental Equilibrium is not a good idea when using CotB, you would just buff the enemies cold + lightning res by 25% all the time.

I have not made tests yet regarding this, but i guess neither of those two gems are worth replacing one of our initial supprots with. We can't freeze the map bosses with huge life pools, so against them Hypothermia would do nothing against those enemies where we need damage the most.
I start to like Capozzi's idea of running CoH + Poachers Mark on HoI for frenzy charge generation, you could try that out if you find the sockets for it.

That linked build could work, but you can optimize the pathing at some points. Also, instead of the 8% ele dmg node in witch start you should rather take Celestial Judgement.
Please let me know how you feel about survivability without MoM in the long run.

@UhYuuki: You could possible replace your Oblivion Coil ring with a very resistance-heavy one, which would allow you to use Facebreakers and Tabula Rasa.

@MephySix: The flask nodes are extremely important for survival. They give us 3% additional max lightning res with topaz flasks towards reflect, boost the amount of armour/phys mitigation we get from granite flasks or iron skin and also give us more instant life with our seething divine flask.
All in all, they're some of the most underrated nodes.

The shadow cast speed is good for the amount of points, but we just don't have enough points to take them without dropping something even better.

--------------------------------------------

I was having a really stressful time recently and i think that reflected in my recent comments. I wanna use this comment to apologize if anyone felt they're getting the short straw in my responses.

I will work out a CotB-specific high-end build soon after i've finished my last character for the 82 challenge in Warbands. It will not be part of this guide and go a slightly different way at some points, but it'll be respeccable from this build.
twitch.tv/enki91

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info