OK lets go with Elemental Overload.

Three Dragons.

Aeges Aurora.

Rainbow Stride.

Bone Offering.

Vinktars.

Rumi's Concotion??

Block node passive pathing.

Gem setup as close to the one I have on Bhuvi that can be effective.

:)

Hey man, just got my Pledge 5L, Arc does a lot of damage. However, i'm quite disappointed in our single damage spell. I've tried all three of them, and running storm burst atm. On bosses I usually cast 2/3 orbs before kiting away, but i'm quite sure that Arc does more damage than my Storm Burst (lightning pen/controlled destruction). At what point will the single targeted spell get better? I'm thinking of unsocketting it and putting on more support options (golems) and just go with arc for now.
"Optionally get Lightning Tendrils if you want to use it for single target"

And 2 other spells you mentioned for single target.

In wiki it says its AOE spell, I dont understand why you say use it for single?!
Thanks for the build.
The combination of being beginner-friendly and active playstyle helps to understand the game fast and it kinda reminds me of the op wizard build in classic d3 (with kitavas thirst) :D
I got a question though: I see your char is using atziri's promise instead of wise oak. Can you tell me the reason behind it? Isn't wise oak better? Can you further explain "very powerful when used correctly" from wise oak?
Given that you rarely need both area clear & single target at the same time, I've had more success using the chest sockets for defensive setups like CwDT+Dur+IC and Leap+FA+Fort. I put my single target setup in the second weapon, where the +2/3 to gems for Storm Burst helps bring up the DPS, and the loss in mana is made up by the additional defensiveness from the chest gems.
Hi Enki,

I really like your guide, and this is my 3rd Arc-Witch now.

I played it back then when it was Crit based, but for some reason I did not like it. The current version is much better imo. Feels really smooth. I don't know why people here have problems with T1,2,3 Maps. =(

Currently I am speedrunning through Overgrown Shrines and trying to get these Emperor of Purities (I have 3/7), to get my 6 link for my single-target spell. I found that I don't need the OoS because Arc procs Elemental Overload quite frequently, and dropping OoS every few seconds really feels slow. I replaced this setup in my Boots with Cwdt - IC - Golem.

Speaking about the 6 link setup: I dislike all single target options. Storm Burst is clunky AF and needs a shitton of Dex, Lightning Tendrils range is basically nonexistent, and Storm Call is out bc I want to pic the duration cluster. Isn't there anything we could do?

Second thing: Why do you take Amplify and the AoE nodes? Is it really worth it for our bosskiller setup?
The Elementalist and Discipline and Training Cluster are linked these days, so you could potentially save a few Skillpoints here. I am wondering because you took the Templar ones and not the one by the Witch, but both are technically 3 points.

Thanks for you answers in advance, and thank you for your continous support to keep this Arc thread up to date.

Best regards, Necro
I guess I have to avoid reflect maps or is there a way to do them via different setup
@sebistrong: League doesn't matter in this case, it simply means that all the gear i've accumulated over the years eventually ended up in Standard. Some of this has legacy values by now, but even the new, nerfed versions will work just fine. And in some cases, namely the Agnerod staves they even got buffed.

@xDestry: Gear and Tree look good, just flasks need a little work except the Basalt.

It's true that Faster Casting gives more initial damage than Onslaught, but the latter gives 20% Movement Speed when procced which is extremely good for clearing maps fast, since our movement skill is somewhat limited in that regard.

@Bhaladas: Gotta work on that, and the PoB link for this build after work.

@cencen: This was probably caused due to the gem level of all spells while you were testing them. I've added a note in the gem section about this.

@kleopa: These gems simply have the AoE tag, which means they can be scaled by any area modifiers but doesn't necessarily mean they're good for clearing, especially true in Lightning Tendrils case.

When used with Concentrated Effect, these gems gain a huge damage multiplier which is useful for boss killing, but as a payoff they lose a large part of their area range.

@synfex: Just had that flask socketed right now, only using the char for testing purposes rather than actively playing at the moment.

Wise Oak can give you free resistance penetration plus reduced elemental damage taken if you manage to balance all three resistances at the same overcapped value. It requires some planning while gearing and isn't easy to pull off, but the reward is extremely huge.
Even if you can't balance them all three, up to 15% lightning penetration is still really good.

@gastank: Yeah that's a good idea if you can afford it, would also enable Kaom's Heart.

@Necro_2779: Yeah gotta agree, the old crit setup needed too much investment to be good and it got to a point where it wasn't feasible with the new player approach this guide has.

For single target you could try out Ball Lightning, although that would also require dex for Slower Proj. Of maybe any physical spell with Physical to Lightning support. I'll give some thought to that and check it all in PoB when i'm back from work.

The reason i chose to take the Amplify but not Blast Radius is because we can reasonably path through it for just 2 points more investment, while Blast Radius is connected to the tree, but would lead to a dead end. I personally find they give just enough AoE to make the single target spells feel good with Conc Effect, and in case of Storm Burst to get overlapping explosions, since that's where the damage comes from on that skill.

@xSilentCircus: Ele Reflect maps are explained in the mapmods section.
twitch.tv/enki91
Enki91

So I tried to follow your build on the OP as closely as I could with my budget and when I got to High Templar Avirus in Death To Purity his second form just kills me over and over because I cant move fast enough to dodge his skills. That includes not being able to move fast enough to get behind a statue.

I killed him by respawing again and again but it was not fun at all to fight him.

The problem I have with boss fights is that I can't get Bone Offering off as there are not always corpses and Desecrate takes too long to get any up.

The character I am using for your build is Devi Dasi. The reasons the gems are set up as they are is due to budget and stream lining. I got rid of Arc because Storm Burst map clears just as fast so Arc seems redundant. I got rid of Orb of Storms and switched for Herald to proc curses. Orb plus Storm burst was like, double clunky.

Q: Could you explain why this is a mistake if it is because I have not noticed any problems in map clearing, just boss fights.

Q: Considering my limited budget of 5c at the moment could you give some hints on what I am supposed to do for this build to work on bosses and high powered mobs?

Last edited by Bhaladas on Aug 16, 2017, 12:42:12 AM
Buy a kitava. I'd say its a must have item for this build. Boss fights will be much easier.
ElysiumGate POE Klán:
http://www.pathofexile.com/guild/profile/91153

IGN: RedDuh

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info