Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Question about Call of the Brotherhood. I know it's semi-expensive but what's the game changing mechanic about it? Since 50% of our damage will be converted from lightning to cold, that cuts our shock duration in half and introduces a freezing of the same duration. I know we have 100% chance to shock frozen targets but will the shock/freeze generally last long enough between Arc casts? I feel like I would be trading 100% perma shock uptime for slightly less shock uptime and freeze uptime. Or is it the fact that even at 50% lightning damage and shock duration we're still casting fast enough to keep everything frozen/shocked?
Last edited by rAx on Jan 2, 2016, 8:57:59 PM
@GhostyGhost: That would be worse. Resistances work as a less multiplier towards your final damage, and penetration reduces resistances, even into negative values. This effectively makes Cold Pen at minimum a 37% more multiplier for the cold part of our damage, with its effectiveness rising the more cold resistance an enemy has.

Ice Bite however is only an increased multiplier due to its wording, which is not nearly as strong. You'll also lsoe alot of freeze duration without Cold Pen, so you won't be possible to freeze lots of stuff and get the damage bonus to begin with.

@Zephyx: I prefer the flat spell damage version, as it increased both our lightning and cold damage. The penetration one is good too though, depending on if the 10% helps shocking something you couldn't shock without, it would raise your cold damage output more than the other version.

@Alwyle: Hey there, thanks! We actually use Vaal Storm Call, which is a mechanically different skill than Storm Call. Increased Duration increases the uptime of Vaal Storm Call, which enables it to release more markers and deal more damage before it expires.
For normal Storm Call, Increased Duration is pretty bad and you're better off to replace it with either Conc Effect or Faster Casting.

@rAx: Just take a look at my videos - we're even able to freeze stuff in highest tier maps with EE. Shattering an enemy also disables their on-death effects, most importantly the spikes Porcupines release on death.
It also enables us to use our HoI + CoH setup, which is more effective than any other method.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Jan 2, 2016, 9:11:04 PM
"
rAx wrote:
Question about Call of the Brotherhood. I know it's semi-expensive but what's the game changing mechanic about it? Since 50% of our damage will be converted from lightning to cold, that cuts our shock duration in half and introduces a freezing of the same duration. I know we have 100% chance to shock frozen targets but will the shock/freeze generally last long enough between Arc casts? I feel like I would be trading 100% perma shock uptime for slightly less shock uptime and freeze uptime. Or is it the fact that even at 50% lightning damage and shock duration we're still casting fast enough to keep everything frozen/shocked?

When i switched to Call of the Brotherhood and Herald of Ice at around level 75 it felt like a completely new build. It is very powerful and gives additonal safety in higher tier maps as you can freeze most of the incoming packs and shatter them to pieces. You can't reach this clearspeed and safety without the Brotherhood ring.

Cheers
-Monkeyface

Last edited by Monkeyface on Jan 2, 2016, 10:57:17 PM
"
Enki91 wrote:

@Alwyle: Hey there, thanks! We actually use Vaal Storm Call, which is a mechanically different skill than Storm Call. Increased Duration increases the uptime of Vaal Storm Call, which enables it to release more markers and deal more damage before it expires.
For normal Storm Call, Increased Duration is pretty bad and you're better off to replace it with either Conc Effect or Faster Casting.

It makes sense now, tried the vaal setup and it helps ! thank you ^^

I have an other question concerning the chest. I recently droped and crafted myself a 6s 5l lightning coil, is there a gem I could drop for the 5L or should I go for 6 ?
Thanks for the guide! So far, so good, I think.

Any advice on what to change next on my gear?

I'm currently playing in standard. My dps with power charge is 30k approximately 27.56% critic chance, 294% crit strike multi.
I want to change my tabula rasa, but right now I have no currency. tabula rasa play is bad for high lvl maps and'm lvl 86.
"
smelcami wrote:
Thanks for the guide! So far, so good, I think.

Any advice on what to change next on my gear?

I'm currently playing in standard. My dps with power charge is 30k approximately 27.56% critic chance, 294% crit strike multi.
I want to change my tabula rasa, but right now I have no currency. tabula rasa play is bad for high lvl maps and'm lvl 86.

In my opinion you should get a new helmet.
You already have a call of the brotherhood so you dont really need the three dragons in my opinion.
A helmet with decent life, resi and mana is a nice survivability boost i would say.

The other option would be a new chest.
5L is not that hard to get and you lose some dps, but you increase your survivability by a lot and i think its really worth it and you can sell your tabula rasa for a decent amount or currency.
Hey I just got my 2nd void battery and am wondering how to upgrade next. I know my Amulet is kind of crap so I need advice on exactly what to look for with upgrading it. I'm also obviously going to work on getting a 6 link Lightning Coil. What are your thoughts on this?

Last edited by TwoZeroThree on Jan 3, 2016, 11:50:56 PM
@Alwyle: Depends what colours you manage to get. 3b1r1g should be easy to get on the linked sockets, in you get that use Arc - Echo - PCoC - Cold Pen - Empower/Leech.
If you happen to get 4b1g replace the last one with Faster Casting.

@smelcami: Definitely change your helmet, Three Dragons is only a substitute for CotB and detrimental after geting one. Your amulet could get an upgrade too, something with crit/crit multi.

@TwoZeroThree: Look for Crit Multi/Mana Regen/Life on amulet, either with an open suffix or Crit Chance already on it. You can also consider getting a Taste of Hate and Vinktar Flask, rest of gear is pretty solid.
twitch.tv/enki91
i tried this build in HC and i can say i reach 80 today , ut my concern and doubt if is possible a CI variant of this build and if is possible some help with the tree and gear

:D
Yo!

First of all, Im really liking the build and only have a few questions.

What kind of arc dps should you aim for when going into T10+ maps?

Also...I would love some coments on my gear, to see if I'm doing something wrong, gem-link wise.

Since its impossible to get correct colors on Lightning Coil, I opted for Defiance. - I do have a corrupted tabula with +1 gems, but I really dont see the point :P

I'm working on lvling empower and arc gems, for the 21 + 4 levels....but that wont happen anytime soon.

Have anyone got any other tips for improving dps?

GEAR:
Spoiler

STATS:
Spoiler

LIFE: 4.296
MANA: 2.111 (836)
DPS in town: 24.383

6 Power charges
3 Frenzy charges
3 Endurance charges

With regards!

Report Forum Post