[1.3] Wanderfully Balanced Kinetic Blaster

"
Sleedizzle wrote:
Hi Both,

Thanks for the responses - There doesn't seem to be a huge amount of pierce nodes (only 4 nodes) - is this all we're talking about? Or am I missing something? :)

Yes, that is sufficient for the build.
ign KlearSpeed

1.3 Torment - Scion Kinetic Build Guide (HC Viable)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1146976
After some consideration I went ahead and switched to KB now at 55. I also got myself a goldrim and tabula rasa to get enough damage to kill something with KB. Feeling really squishy at the moment, I was running grace with ST before and to do enough damage now I need to run all three heralds. Should I just go with ST until later on? (I know I need to get CWDT on this gear, had it on my ST).

Current tree

"
ludise wrote:
After some consideration I went ahead and switched to KB now at 55. I also got myself a goldrim and tabula rasa to get enough damage to kill something with KB. Feeling really squishy at the moment, I was running grace with ST before and to do enough damage now I need to run all three heralds. Should I just go with ST until later on? (I know I need to get CWDT on this gear, had it on my ST).

Current tree

You will have to lose grace to use KB indeed, but you do benefit from a lot more range than ST and faster clear speeds. It is up to you really what you use for levelling - I'd switch when your comfortable, at level 55 it isn't too important what you use. The Scion tree has that downside of branching from the get go so the power isn't really available off the bat as with other classes.
ign KlearSpeed

Last edited by iMbaQ on Jan 4, 2015, 7:07:44 PM
"
ludise wrote:

Current tree

I'd also try to invest in a better wand. While the build isn't terribly item dependent, that wand has no increased phys multiplier at all. Even a magic wand would probably be better. I wouldn't spend more than a chaos or two unless it's good enough to be your end game wand, but just something enough to ease your transition.
first off, your build is awesome, i'm doing it right now. however, i have a couple of questions i would appreciate you answering. when should i take vaal pact, and second, what masters should i prioritize leveling (except zana she's quite obvious imo)
Thanks a lot for your guide.
To the Merciless my journey goes. I beat Merveil and that was historic moment for me. This is the first time I've ever played this far alone.

I've died few died, mostly to some absurdly buffed mini boss, like Hailrake and Off Screen Cascade and Guardian of too big Storm Call. Also some rogue exiles are kinda difficult, they are too eager to destroy the totem.

Merveil was surprisingly easy. Died only once in the first form, when game slowed down a bit.

I have kinda crappy wand right now, guess I'll try to survive to the point I get old wand from my other failed wander (that I struggled to level 85, through party play).
Spoiler
@ Xuletz

I would probably take Vaal Pact as early as Act 3 mercliess Docks - no later than when starting to map. This will depend on how much damage you are dealing and how much reflect is an issue.

@RaivokasMagma

Very interesting account of the build. Also, I am impressed that you were able to go so far with that wand, goes to show the power of KB and the Heralds.
ign KlearSpeed

Nice build ! I just respec'ed a L70 Scion to this and its a hoot! I can see where the damage and survivability will really pick up with levels,it's already wasting mobs effortlessly with the main gems at only L12-16,very effective.Single target damage is a bit of a problem,but if you pop frostwall the pierce through the frostwall causes sooo many explosions from KB they'll take down anything I've encountered yet,mighty slick synergy there.No problem to rig a SRS type setup on switch either if necessary.Really impressive with unleveled/unquality'd gems,using a 5 link Voll's atm ,running L67-71 blue maps quite easily so far (At L70-72,gear far from optimised),and it's a blast to play so far.Thanks for the build! 8)
Some mornings it's not worth chewing the straps off...
Hi

Been looking over a few builds an have decided to try this one out,now I have a few questions lol considering I'm new to the game.

I rolled a ranger (lvl 41) and whizzed through to complete act 3 to unlock the Scion which is level 10 at present,so I have done no farming or anything with the ranger.

I have read your guide and recomended gear for leveling and checked out what you have said and it's all legendary (brown) gear which is out of my reach as I have 0 chaos items to buy them from other players or have anything useful she can use.

Also gems though I have tons they are all the wrong ones that are required...figures.

So basically starting from scratch without your recomended gear or gems at present is this build still doable.?

Do I just keep grinding her up without the right gems/gear until I get them or use the ranger to farm gems/gear?, considering going by wiki some gems are quest rewards for certain classes ie totems in the scions case.

Hope you don't mind the noobish questions,just trying to make sure I am not trying to do a build that is impossible considering the limted resources I have.

:)

Last edited by Avorniel on Jan 6, 2015, 11:55:27 AM
Just by playing the game, you should have a bunch of alterations, fusings, jewellers, chromatics and alchemy orbs at the very least. These can be easily traded for said items or converted to chaos quite easily especially alts and fusings. Alts buils up just by the selling of yellow itens. Gems are also easily obtainable in this manner.

Use poe.xyz.is website, search for the items by buyout and you can then order them cheapest to most expensive. You'll be surprised how cheap items can be purchased for.

Good luck with the build!
ign KlearSpeed

Last edited by iMbaQ on Jan 6, 2015, 12:10:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info