[1.3] Fallen Angel - Low Life Energy Shield/Righteous Fire Arcer by Howsya

Introduction

Ok firstly welcome to the guide. I have been told by many people that i should make a guide for my most recent build as apparently its amazing... The board is still out on that one if you ask me, as i don't feel it is crazy strong. But here goes all the same.

Secondly this is my first time of ever producing a build or even sharing a build with the community so please be nice. If something is wrong let me know and i will en-devour to update accordingly.

Other than that i hope you enjoy!

What is it?

Pretty much what the title says it is. A low life Energy Shield based Righteous Fire Build.

I have always loved the concept of Energy Shield and i LOVE the look of Righteous Fire so wanted to see if i could combine them both.

Video's

I finally got round to actually doing some recording. Only the one at the moment, but hopefully more to come.

Level 73: http://youtu.be/6NoTZHFBx00

Level 74: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgjwftUZWWQ

Atziri

It is a bit of a sketchy fight at the moment as i have only fought her twice so learning the mechanic still, however have done it, unfortunately no video just yet will work on one soon.

Abaxoth, The End of All That Is

OMG what spawn of Satan thought this thing up!?!?!

http://www.twitch.tv/howsya/c/5959832

Stats

This build is on Standard but i am sure you clever people could do the same on other leagues.

Stats

Offence

Defence

The Gear

OMG ANOTHER SHAV'S BUILD!!!

Yeah sorry about that.... I finally got one. Although as you can probably tell I am not that rich considering it is not even 6 Linked yet!

If you was to strip it down to the bare minimum to make it cheaper the core is going to be

This is for Arc though. The spell is interchangeable and thus gear needs. But this is what i have and this is what i am using. Also i am aware not all my gems are Lvl 20+. Give me a chance :P

The Tree As It Stands

This is my passives as it stands as of 09/01/15 @ Lvl 90

Spoiler

The Breakdown

In Patch 1.3 the passive tree changed and assisted a lot with gaining Life Regeneration nodes that do not come accompanied with % Life Increase. Due to this i have been able to gain a total of 8.7% of my Life Regenerated per second just from the tree.

I have made some substantial changes to this build over the last week. My DPS is now higher and I have dropped the Voidbringers as they where causing me nothing but issues with mana. I have also managed to acquire a Vertex helm which is allowing me to run a lvl 23 Purity of Fire.

Level 23 Purity of Fire is giving me a whopping 92% Fire Resistance and am actually able to viable run Righteous Fire WITHOUT the use of Vitality.

So why run Vitality it i hear you say?

Vulnerability is now no longer an issue. Also the extra regen has allowed me to better sustain Energy Shield vs Elemental Reflect. Yeah its not perfect, but every little helps.

The Aura's
Purity of Fire
Purity of Lightning
Discipline
Clarity
Herald of Ice
Vitality

Why Inner Force

Decided to spend a few points and test it out for myself.

Well what can i say except..... IT'S AMAZING Even with the additional burn taken from RF i am able to still sustain Energy Shield, not to mention everything just got a REAL nice boost.

Rainbowstride's?

Meh. They where four off color and already had my Cast on Damage Taken, Enduring Cry.... you know the rest combo in socket, so just got lazy and drag and dropped. No other reason.

Eye of Chayula

20% Reduced life on an RF based Energy Shield Exile is pretty much a must. Less health. Less Burn. More Energy Shield regeneration per second.

Oh and lets not forget CANNOT BE STUNNED. Yes please!!!

How do you sustain?

Doryani's helps with its lightning leech.

Flasks?

Your usual flasks need for Righteous Fire to be honest. They are not optimal. But to be fair i actually do not need to use them that much.

Reflect?

A typical negatives apply to running a Righteous Fire build
No reflect maps
No half/no regeneration

and the list goes on.

However reflect in general on those random mobs.
Easy pop a Fire Flask, Vaal Discipline, and if you wanna be super careful Atziri's Promise and just Arc away.

UPDATES

- Updated images to show dps and other nice things.
- Added Level 100 Passive Tree

05/01/15
- Updated images to show current dps and defence.
- Updated current passive tree
- Updated to current gear being worn

09/01/15
- Updated images to show current dps and defence.
- Updated current passive tree
- Updated current gear being worn
- Added video for level 73 map

10/01/15
- Added video for level 74 map

25/01/15
- Update with dps and defence.
- Added VoD for Abaxoth fight.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Well that is pretty much it. Hope you enjoyed the guide. Please feel free to share your thoughts and improvements. I am by no means a master PoE Exile Builder, i just got lucky with this one.

Ciao for now.
Last edited by Howsya on Jan 25, 2015, 5:26:03 AM
Could you add a planned 120 point build as well?

Also, your tree looks nice but 7K damage seems a bit low (as compared to the other flashy 30k dps arc builds on the forum). Taking a look at your gear, it seems you're running Arc on a 4L, which probably explains why (no fault of the build at all, just gear limitations).

If you were to have a 6L/5L what links would you run on Arc? It seems that you could probably invest a bit into crit nodes for the last few remaining points, and also justify using Voidbringer (since crit scales better with both crit chance + crit multi). I think if you do so, with the massive flat lightning dmg on the tree, plus crit, plus righteous fire's insane dps boost, you could even break 30k dps (with a 6L and more points, of course).
I will look at a 120 point build for you shortly.

Yeah i will be honest this entire setup was designed just to see if i could get Energy Shield and Righteous Fire working and yolo'ed from the get go. Did not even look at the damage side of it really. But i am sure with some more point investment i could get a little extra. Also a GG wand/scepter would be a good damage boost.

Well if i was to remove Arc from the Voidbringer gloves and have a 5/6L shavs i think the obvious would be Empower due to the +lvl. Arc gets more damage from levels than anything else. As for other gems a likely candidate would be faster casting, perhaps Crit Chance? Not thought that far ahead.
Fresh update on Fallen Angel with changes made and advancement as an exile.
Hey Interesting build. I was bored so did this build on one of my char just to see what is required to make this work and how well it does in maps. So i guess i'll post my findings below incase someone wants my 2 cent before deciding to do this build as well.

One of my nooby toons gear: (toke some of the gear off my COC spectral throw char so forgive me with the odd rolls on some of the items)

Passive tree:
You need atleast these nodes covered in order for this build to work

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABg4J9gxfDXwNjRFQFy8ZLho-GmwbJRynHNwdFB2qIvQn7Sj6KS41uTwtQYdGcUuuTP9TpVXWVw1XyVugXGtfP2TnaHRo8mwLbRl8DnxLfLh_xoCkgseESI9GkyeUoJZ0m6GdrqcIpyunVa2Nr2y0DLc-uJPDbcRYxPbGrs9-1HzZW9lh2mLfiuGI6QLquuvu8az2SPfB99f56PrS_kk=

Required Steps to make this build work: (Expensive-ish method)

Spoiler

1. As stated above. You need atleast these nodes covered in order for this build to work.

2. As you stated this build requires a shav

#1 reason for this is the 10% faster start of energy shield recharge to keep up with the energy shield burning rate
#2 high energy shield which helps with regen and survivability
#3 Chaos damage does not bypass Energy shield

3. Requires a Heart Breaker Royal Skean for the 10% faster start of energy shield recharge and the bonus 50 maxiumum energy shield for survivability

4. Of course a Rise of the pheonix Mosaic kite shield

5. Requires high energy shield on boots/glove/helmet. Having Es on Ring/Ring would be a plus

6. Requires alot of resist on belt/ring/ring to cap all resist (75% +) if you're using similar gear

7. Requires Eye of Chayula Onyx Amulet

Cheaper Method for this build would be:
Spoiler

1.As stated above. You need atleast these nodes covered in order for this build to work.

2 Any high energy shield armour 4/5/6 link depending how rich you are

3. Of course a Rise of the pheonix Mosaic kite shield

4. Bated Breath Chain Belt Is a must have for this version because of the 50% faster start of energy shield recharge to keep up with the energy shield burning rate

5. Requires any cheap high energy on armour/glove/helmet/boots/ring/ring

6. Requires Eye of Chayula Onyx Amulet

7. For weapon you can pretty much use anything that can do the job or stick with HeartBreaker or AurumVorax if you lack regen or resist

As for the damage and game play... haven't level my gem up high enough to be making comments about how quick or slow this build does in map runs.
IGN Contact: luckyonel||ChokeYoChicken||ChokeYoFamily||ChokeYoHamster||ChokeYoGorilla
Last edited by luckyonel on Jan 8, 2015, 8:50:47 AM
Do you think i will be able to use this build as MF?
with 2 andvarius, wonderstrap, perandus belt ?
If you can grab yourself enough resists on the tree/gear to negate the resist offset from the rings i do not see why not.

On a side note i am in the process of recording a video and doing my gear update as i have made another load of changes.

So watch this space. Update to be released soon.
Fallen Angel updated to current setup. Video added.

Enjoy people
"
luckyonel wrote:
Hey Interesting build. I was bored so did this build on one of my char just to see what is required to make this work and how well it does in maps. So i guess i'll post my findings below incase someone wants my 2 cent before deciding to do this build as well.

One of my nooby toons gear: (toke some of the gear off my COC spectral throw char so forgive me with the odd rolls on some of the items)

Passive tree:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABg4J9gxfDXwNjRFQFy8ZLho-GmwbJRynHNwdFB2qIvQn7Sj6KS41uTwtQYdGcUuuTP9TpVXWVw1XyVugXGtfP2TnaHRo8mwLbRl8DnxLfLh_xoCkgseESI9GkyeUoJZ0m6GdrqcIpyunVa2Nr2y0DLc-uJPDbcRYxPbGrs9-1HzZW9lh2mLfiuGI6QLquuvu8az2SPfB99f56PrS_kk=

Spoiler

1. As stated above. You need atleast these nodes covered in order for this build to work.

#1 reason for this is the 10% faster start of energy shield recharge to keep up with the energy shield burning rate

3. Requires a Heart Breaker Royal Skean for the 10% faster start of energy shield recharge and the bonus 50 maxiumum energy shield for survivability

5. Requires high energy shield on boots/glove/helmet. Having Es on Ring/Ring would be a plus

6. Requires alot of resist on belt/ring/ring to cap all resist (75% +) if you're using similar gear

Spoiler

1.As stated above. You need atleast these nodes covered in order for this build to work.

4. Bated Breath Chain Belt Is a must have for this version because of the 50% faster start of energy shield recharge to keep up with the energy shield burning rate

7. For weapon you can pretty much use anything that can do the job or stick with HeartBreaker or AurumVorax if you lack regen or resist

As for the damage and game play... haven't level my gem up high enough to be making comments about how quick or slow this build does in map runs.

+1

Listen to the OP and f'ed up my main accounts character. Clearly HIGH ENERGY SHIELD and ALOT of FASTER START of ENERGY SHIELD RECHARGE is needed. Nice indepth info right here.
Wish.I.knew.About.This.Earlier.Oh.Em.Gee.
I have similar gear to OP but still could not maintain the ES regen rate. Had to use a few Orbs of regret to spec out and wear heartbreaker to make this work.
Last edited by HeavenzWrath on Jan 9, 2015, 9:04:17 PM
"
HeavenzWrath wrote:
"
luckyonel wrote:

Passive tree:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

+1

Listen to the OP and f'ed up my main accounts character. Clearly HIGH ENERGY SHIELD and ALOT of FASTER START of ENERGY SHIELD RECHARGE is needed. Nice indepth info right here.
Wish.I.knew.About.This.Earlier.Oh.Em.Gee.
I have similar gear to OP but still could not maintain the ES regen rate. Had to use a few Orbs of regret to spec out and wear heartbreaker to make this work.

I am not exactly sure how you could have messed it up if you are referring to my build setup. The key is no Life on gear. Also you need a high level purity at least the +3% Fire Resist (perhaps i should have specified this in the original post my apologies). With this and the amount of life regen gathered on the tree you should have easily been able to sustain RF. Did you use my Passive tree of adapt it to something more catered for yourself?

EDIT:

Key point to note; Zealots Oath is a must. How can you start an ES regen if you are constantly taking damage from Righteous Fire.....
Last edited by Howsya on Jan 9, 2015, 10:44:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info