Final 0.9.3 Patch Notes

"
Calathas wrote:
Critical Chance -

So, Critical chance is now calculated on a per-skill basis?
As in, "Cleave" has a natural critical of 5%, and "Viper Strike" has a chance of 10%, with your character having, 50%, it would be 7.5%, and 15% chances?

All weapons have a base critical strike chance. All attacks use the critical strike chance of the weapon with which you attack, but may apply a modifier. For example, if you have a dagger with 10% base critical strike chance, and use an attack skill with 50% increased critical strike chance, you would have a 15% chance to crit with that attack. Modifications can also come from gear and or/passive skills.

Spells don't use weapons, so have a base critical strike chance set in the gem, rather than using the one from a weapon. Again, modifiers may be applied form gear/passives/etc.
"
siis wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Content:
  • Added new skill prototype - Dominating Blow: Attacks the enemy with a melee strike. If an enemy is killed shortly after being hit by Dominating Blow, that enemy is revived as a minion until the skill duration ends.

Do minion and non minion support gems work with this?

If I add +minion life and +fire dmg:

Is the life of minions raised by this skill enchanted?
Does the skill do additional fire dmg (improved by my passives)?
Does my minion do additional fire dmg (not improved by my passives)?

Edit: oh, sorry for 2x post :(
Yes, Yes and Yes.
It's affected by supports that could apply to either the minions or the attack.
"
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Yes, Yes and Yes.
It's affected by supports that could apply to either the minions or the attack.
Goodness.. you could raise multiple Aura mobs that gain effects from your passives..

I see why this skill has a duration..
Instead of a duration it used to have an amount of chaos degen applied to the monsters.
The rares with the regen aura were able to cancel it out and you'rd have them forever. Turns out that's kinda too good.
And to clarify, the minions will not gain any benefit from your passives (other than the few which specifically apply to minions).
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Nov 11, 2011, 8:47:47 PM
"
tpapp157 wrote:
"
kendeniro wrote:
Does raise spectre from a dead mobs with aura, does it still have the aura but friendly to you?

No. That would be fairly overpowered.

I think Dominating Blow does let you get their aura :)
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
I've updated the patch notes to make them final. There's a list of changes at the bottom of the post.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
ama wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
I've updated the patch notes to make them final. There's a list of changes at the bottom of the post.

Great news Chris!

This game is so awesome now.
"
Dreggon wrote:
Can we download the beta patch before it's completely uploaded to the beta servers? I have to leave the house just before it says you're deploying it.

It's not up yet, sorry.
"
Dreggon wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
Dreggon wrote:
Can we download the beta patch before it's completely uploaded to the beta servers? I have to leave the house just before it says you're deploying it.

It's not up yet, sorry.

I meant in like 12 hours, would it be cool if we downloaded it an hour or so in advance?

Unfortunately that's not easy with the way we have it set up. It's only exposed to the patching server when we restart the realm into it during the maintenance.
"
namespace wrote:
blood rage 35%.... That seems pretty low for high level play, wasn't the really annoyingly short duration, and chaos degen, already enough downsides to the spell? I mean, I understand that the incoming damage formulas have been changed a lot to try to smooth out the damage curve, but 35% still sounds like a one hit for an evasion character.

It's definitely a skill we're looking at changing substantially, but this new version is pretty fun to play. It still helps a lot even when you're above 35% life, just not as much as if you want to take the risk.
"
wildery wrote:
Will staves have a fixed % block chance or random generated ?

Currently, fixed per base type.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info