Buget Empower leveling

"
Yggdrasil_57 wrote:
And I'm not sure the "+1 to level of socketed support gems" works when it's in a secondary weapon set.

It does (tested).

A Haku staff filled with empower/enhances in the weapon slot is super useful if you're trying to level them up and sell them.
Enlighten at this point should just be removed from the game or at least reworked.

Its just terrible. Almost always will another gem be a more optimal solution than enlighten. Why level 2 gems faster if you could level 3.

Enlighten would become marginally better like 1.4% better, in a 6 link if its a lvl 4 or higher enlighten with 5 active gems linked to it.

In every other combination another gem of the kind you want to level would be better.
Vaaling at level 1 for 4%... Sick waste.

Standard prices 40+ex for level 4, 4ex for level 3. Not sure how it will go in torment. You can't get level 4 if you don't wait for it to be level 3 to vaal it.

If you ever aim to reach level 3 with that gem, you just lost 5ex of value right there (assuming 15% win on +1 which is totally a random estimate).

Small advice there:
trash this one and level another one...
"
pneuma wrote:
"
Yggdrasil_57 wrote:
And I'm not sure the "+1 to level of socketed support gems" works when it's in a secondary weapon set.

It does (tested).

A Haku staff filled with empower/enhances in the weapon slot is super useful if you're trying to level them up and sell them.

Not denying that this works, but I thought that this kind of thing wasn't meant to work. I vaguely remember GGG changing things so that you couldn't gain benefit from things you don't have equipped (snapshotting).

Spoiler
"but if it's in your secondary slot, don't you technically have it equipped?"
The relevant case of snapshotting that I'm thinking of is casting RF in a searing touch in secondary equip slot then switching to RotP, which was fixed with the snapshotting patch due to you gaining benefit from something that you don't have equipped.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/532639/filter-account-type/staff
facepalm
"
darkerebus wrote:
"
I do the same for my empower and enhance gems, and I'm even trying to create a 6% / +1 to all gem to speed up a bit the leveling of my enlighten (currently on a +1 weapon with 2 active skills, and yes I know I'd be better of just leveling 3 active skills :p).

Maybe you should buy a 2handed weapon with 6% and 6 Link it, to make it 5 active gems :P
That's the idea eventually, if I manage to make it lvl 4 (it's two third to lvl 3). Unless it's level 4 in a +1 6L weapon, enlighten is a loss over a 6th gem of the type you want.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info