[2.0 updated] Shmizz's hardcore perma-freeze guide

"
RIPnRhyme wrote:
"
StanryRoo wrote:
Aside from IC / CWDT, how does this build mitigate damage? It seems a bit squishy for a HC league with <150% hp.

"
I am currently level 76, and there are only a few nodes left to get in my skill tree that aren't pure damage. I Have 139% life, which is more than enough for merciless up through beginner level maps. I focus on mostly crit and cold damage nodes which come along with a lot of freeze duration.

"

This build is very tanky at higher levels. It has 167% maximum life, can support a level 20 arctic armour easily and most mobs will never even get the chance to touch you thanks to all your freezy goodness

:)

Don't forget Herald of Thunder + Enfeeble.
Slightly more efficient version of your final tree you loose a small amount of ES so you loose a small amount of mana, but shouldn't be a problem late game, but you do get 8% more ele dmg and +30 flat HP and 2% more HP so you should be at 169% max HP

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMEBwVCB6UI9Ax9EH8RDxEtFLAWbxcvF1QaOBpsIoEkqicvKPoqWyycL28wlzbpN4E5ijpYOuFBh0GWQzZFnUbXRwZJUUmyTC1Ms1AwUuxTUlPUVcZV1lZKVylXK18qYqxjQ2SdZOdmnmpDbIxtGXC7cYV59nyDgKSCEIIegpuCx4PbiEKNgo48j_qQVZrgnaqdrp6hnwGiAKZXpwius7FCtMW3PriTvYLAGsBUwcXC7MaezfrQ0ND10eTYvdkT2rnbC9te2-ffit-w4XPjauTr6QLr5Ovu6_XsGOw47SDw1fId8kXy4fno-tL-Cv6z
Last edited by ProfessorCookie on Dec 24, 2014, 3:29:08 AM
"
Slightly more efficient version of your final tree you loose a small amount of ES so you loose a small amount of mana

you also lose a large amount of crit and crit multi, making freezing things a lot more difficult.
How to make currency in Path of Exile, a comprehensive guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Ig9_8XjC8
I liked ProfessorCookie's build as well so I tried to take the best of both worlds from the two skill trees. What do you think about this final tree?

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAghDfsOkC34pXK_6zvYJtGQelSbIC4yycr5sQWND1QZYFQsBUCPRqQ0yzrrMRD9teUDBMLRdUjjxWSp6hIoGfAdHkjYJT1NsLgh4UsF8q6-QEB4PbVcaxQvMRcYXAGmae-tIdFI9Gm6H316yYRtdXKRo4kFWCm-w4Jy-iAOFz7SDjahZvhX0WQElR8NWP-uwYwcWIQvIdZJ3r9QcelS5jQw5IEZbfhELDXfKMNgL-YeJVS3BSidNw1YCkVdZk5xcvOli86vAfBLMkqjbpJpUvb9kTcLvjhJ2qNj3C7LTFYqxsjFLsgl4qW5Z0toYksEKj
Level 67 right now , with Cloak and a pretty decent weapon. My damage is like 1.7k with gmp 4 link. Mapping is horribly slow, so far not liking it at all. Is it supposed to be this low?
"
Shmizz wrote:
"
Slightly more efficient version of your final tree you loose a small amount of ES so you loose a small amount of mana

you also lose a large amount of crit and crit multi, making freezing things a lot more difficult.

Just where are you losing the crit and crit multi I did not touch any of those nodes.

Edit: hahaha I posted wrong tree rofl I see it now xD
Last edited by ProfessorCookie on Dec 27, 2014, 6:53:47 AM
"
xAgility wrote:
Level 67 right now , with Cloak and a pretty decent weapon. My damage is like 1.7k with gmp 4 link. Mapping is horribly slow, so far not liking it at all. Is it supposed to be this low?

i'm not sure why your dps is so low. is that without power charges? most of your tooltip dps comes from having max power charges. I was having no problems with low dps, but with that being said getting a 5-link assuming it will be cold pen will be a huge dps spike. it's definitely not one of the highest clearspeed builds out there because it's designed for freezing rather than damage output, but I don't know why it would be "horribly slow".
"
rosetblue wrote:
I liked ProfessorCookie's build as well so I tried to take the best of both worlds from the two skill trees. What do you think about this final tree?

I don't like sovereignty in this build because the extra reduced mana reserve doesn't do anything unless you are running cloak of defiance. It will not allow you to run an extra aura so it's pretty pointless.
you also removed one of the 20% freeze duration nodes which is extremely important.
The templar start seems like a complete waste to me. you end up with less life and you're missing out on the cast speed and damage nodes directly next to where you already are in the shadow area. Instead of choosing the points which are directly next to you in the tree you go all the way across to templar which is actually less damage overall.
Last edited by Shmizz on Dec 27, 2014, 7:03:37 PM
"
Shmizz wrote:
"
xAgility wrote:

i'm not sure why your dps is so low. is that without power charges? most of your tooltip dps comes from having max power charges. I was having no problems with low dps, but with that being said getting a 5-link assuming it will be cold pen will be a huge dps spike. it's definitely not one of the highest clearspeed builds out there because it's designed for freezing rather than damage output, but I don't know why it would be "horribly slow".

With power charges yes. My tree is just like you've recommended it for the level I am at.
I have 4l GMP > Ice Spear > PCoC > Spell echo. I have the pierce nodes but if I add cold pen to a 5l that means I'd need a 6l to get in the pierce?

I've been doing 66 and 67 maps and my clear speed is really subpar. It takes forever to kill some magi packs, especially the ones resistant to cold damage or elemental damage.

I am using a mace as a weapon with 89% spell crit, 65% spell damage and 17% cast speed, cloak of defiance, mana regen accesories and a saffels frame.
Do you think Arcane Potency for +50% critical strike chance for spells and +30% critical strike multiplier for spells and +30 int on the road is affordable? It costs 7 points and since you have experienced the end-game with this build do you think it is affordable and if so which nodes can we let go?
Last edited by Gadria on Dec 27, 2014, 5:10:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info