Increase the time between activation and explosion of suicide sea witches in Normal

Comparatively, in Act 2 the suicide explodey-guys will run up to you and explode after a short duration. Most of the time this duration is very short, such that you can't kill them before they suicide on you. The same goes for the suicide sea witches in the Cavern of Anger. I'm not new to this game, but I've had 3 melee characters rip before Merveil because at that point in the game these issues arise:

1) You don't have access to movement speed on boots to outrun the explosion

2) Your health pots aren't potent enough to recoup health sufficient to survive several hits in a row

3) Most melee weapons that early in the game are not fast or powerful enough to kill things in one shot, which means you WILL get hit with one or more explosions.

In my opinion the short delay before the explosion of these enemies in Normal difficulty heavily favors ranged spells and attacks. The concept of a suicide bomber is great, but in my opinion they should either a) not spawn in such large groups in Normal, b) not hit so hard, c) have a longer cooldown between activation and explosion. I personally lean towards c), because it teaches new players to kite effectively while penalizing someone for trying to face-tank.
Stormcalling 24/7.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
4) Equip a fire res ring ;)

Besides, before you go into western forest, you get melee splash as a reward on a few classes, so you can splash with melee attacks and thus stun or kill the packs before they explode. Or you can simply run past them and let them explode behind you without getting damage done to you, You dont need more than 10 move speed on the boots to avoid this in all cases unless they have haste/quick mod.

For me it is more annoying with the sea witches and their spawn rate which is ridiculous. Which i also think the necros needs a minor cooldown on reviving undeads, soul eater haste quick necros ... Fun to watch, not fun to encounter :D
You just wasted 3 seconds reading this.
"
Tian_Yihao wrote:
4) Equip a fire res ring ;)

Besides, before you go into western forest, you get melee splash as a reward on a few classes, so you can splash with melee attacks and thus stun or kill the packs before they explode. Or you can simply run past them and let them explode behind you without getting damage done to you, You dont need more than 10 move speed on the boots to avoid this in all cases unless they have haste/quick mod.

For me it is more annoying with the sea witches and their spawn rate which is ridiculous. Which i also think the necros needs a minor cooldown on reviving undeads, soul eater haste quick necros ... Fun to watch, not fun to encounter :D

This is a lot harder in very narrow tunnels.... Cue the desync. I'm not here to QQ, I'm just saying, an extra tenth of a second before the explosion would go a LONG way.
Stormcalling 24/7.
Yea sure blame desync for everything...seriously, i dont die to these things simply because before they blow up they have an animation happen, so run past them, they blow up and youre safe. This is a player gotta adapt to the game thing, not the other way around. And its normal, i mean, really, making a suggestion that makes normal easier? I rather wish they adjusted scepter mobs damage because they hit like trucks in there compared toe everything before that.
unless you just don't pay attention they never really take much more than a little health of you even as new character with no run speed and non existent resists, there is also a delay on them already just enough to get you out of range after activation most times...i rarely even bother with them unless they block the whole passage, just run past and watch them all explode after you pass.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
Yea sure blame desync for everything...seriously, i dont die to these things simply because before they blow up they have an animation happen, so run past them, they blow up and youre safe. This is a player gotta adapt to the game thing, not the other way around. And its normal, i mean, really, making a suggestion that makes normal easier? I rather wish they adjusted scepter mobs damage because they hit like trucks in there compared toe everything before that.

Did you even read my post?

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
unless you just don't pay attention they never really take much more than a little health of you even as new character with no run speed and non existent resists, there is also a delay on them already just enough to get you out of range after activation most times...i rarely even bother with them unless they block the whole passage, just run past and watch them all explode after you pass.

Look, I'm not here to argue with you guys. I'm here to make a suggestion that I think would be fair. I've played this game for over 1.5 years and I've got a character that's level 93 and 2x level 85, so I'm not new at this game. All these tactics you're suggesting (run right past them and watch them explode, L2play) have been tried, and anything melee that dares to try to stop and kill them (GS has some range so it doesn't really count, but Molten Strke and Static Strike especially) gets insta-gibbed because they come in swarms of 4-6.

Made a ranger, got through it. Path of Ranged in HC.
Stormcalling 24/7.
"
"

Did you even read my post?

"
lagwin1980 wrote:

Look, I'm not here to argue with you guys. I'm here to make a suggestion that I think would be fair. I've played this game for over 1.5 years and I've got a character that's level 93 and 2x level 85, so I'm not new at this game. All these tactics you're suggesting (run right past them and watch them explode, L2play) have been tried, and anything melee that dares to try to stop and kill them (GS has some range so it doesn't really count, but Molten Strke and Static Strike especially) gets insta-gibbed because they come in swarms of 4-6.

Made a ranger, got through it. Path of Ranged in HC.

And we are telling you that you dont even have to kill them. You provoke them into blowing themselves up by walking past them, never used a quicksilver flask? Its quite handy for those things, and dont just stand there and try to hit them with melee chars either, move around and L2Dodge.

This is about as easy as it gets, if people after 1.5 years have trouble with this i see a problem with your playstyle and less a problem with that 1 mob you complain about.

I have seen noobz who run past them and survive, they are that easy to handle.
"

And we are telling you that you dont even have to kill them. You provoke them into blowing themselves up by walking past them, never used a quicksilver flask? Its quite handy for those things, and dont just stand there and try to hit them with melee chars either, move around and L2Dodge.

This is about as easy as it gets, if people after 1.5 years have trouble with this i see a problem with your playstyle and less a problem with that 1 mob you complain about.

I'm having a hard time phrasing this response in a way that wouldn't be inflammatory, but clearly you're not reading what I'm writing, or not comprehending it. I normally run past them, but without movement speed (which is a big ask for a new character in A1N) you can't run past them without getting hit. Also, running right next to monsters in a narrow cave creates desync, which means you get put back in the middle of the group and insta-gib.

Lastly, I really don't care about your opinion-- This is a suggestion to GGG, not a thread asking other people to tell me I suck or whatever.
Stormcalling 24/7.
"
"

I'm having a hard time phrasing this response in a way that wouldn't be inflammatory, but clearly you're not reading what I'm writing, or not comprehending it. I normally run past them, but without movement speed (which is a big ask for a new character in A1N) you can't run past them without getting hit. Also, running right next to monsters in a narrow cave creates desync, which means you get put back in the middle of the group and insta-gib.

Lastly, I really don't care about your opinion-- This is a suggestion to GGG, not a thread asking other people to tell me I suck or whatever.

By goodness no one was telling you that you suck, you just did that on your own. Also, this is more of a complaint about desync than anything, because you brought it up, again. Want me to show you? Come on, make a char in HC and show me how you cant run past them without movespeed skills or quicksilver flasks because i have a hard time believing you at all. And its only a suggestion they might contemplate if it has any use for everyone but its just YOU who ever brought this up, no one else seems to have this issue and people do races and rush to brutus and those races are HC mind you and these things are there, yea, these people get desync and die to them? Nope, they dont.

Wanna prove it, just show me, seriously. I find some, you run past em and there is prove there is nothing to it, or i see you try and facetank them as a melee char and you prove to not be a good melee player, either way, this isnt a good suggestion is all im trying to tell you.

No T no shade dear, just the truth. :)
"
"
"

By goodness no one was telling you that you suck, you just did that on your own. Also, this is more of a complaint about desync than anything, because you brought it up, again. Want me to show you? Come on, make a char in HC and show me how you cant run past them without movespeed skills or quicksilver flasks because i have a hard time believing you at all. And its only a suggestion they might contemplate if it has any use for everyone but its just YOU who ever brought this up, no one else seems to have this issue and people do races and rush to brutus and those races are HC mind you and these things are there, yea, these people get desync and die to them? Nope, they dont.

Wanna prove it, just show me, seriously. I find some, you run past em and there is prove there is nothing to it, or i see you try and facetank them as a melee char and you prove to not be a good melee player, either way, this isnt a good suggestion is all im trying to tell you.

No T no shade dear, just the truth. :)

Their first appearance is just before Merveil.

Again, I don't really care what you think. Troll on elsewhere.
Stormcalling 24/7.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info