[1.3.x] The Arctic GroundCoC (Ice Nova + Glacial Cascade) - relatively cheap, fun and effective

"
webas wrote:
Currently in my old tree(still can reset it) i have:
165 % increased Critical Strike Chance
195 % increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
74 % increased Critical Strike Multiplier
40 % increased Critical Strike Multiplier for Spells

And my crit with some crit chance items is ~30%. I mean why it is so low.. How to reach crit chance as high as others do like (80%) or at least more than 60%..

Your skill tree here is:
110 % increased Critical Strike Chance
265 % increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
30 % increased Critical Strike Multiplier
50 % increased Critical Strike Multiplier for Spells
135 % increased Melee Critical Strike Chance

Which is almost the same as mine when it comes to crit chance.

+350% global crit chance from 7 power charges
+70% global crit chance from helmet
+50% global crit chance from gloves
+80% global crit chance from dagger
+90% spell crit chance from dagger

All this amounts to around 73-74% chance to crit with Ground Slam.
This is a true chance to crit btw, because this build doesn't need to pass two accuracy checks like other attack crit builds.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Dec 20, 2014, 5:13:47 PM
So I'm currently having a terrible time trying to figure out what build I want to go with. What originally started with LL culling support with totems turned into LL culling with GC and now I'm at a point where I highly enjoy Glacial Cascade, but I recognize it's problems. I'm falling in love with the idea of CoC and CoC GS+IN+GC. Your build looks great and it looks like it solves the problems of GC's lack of ground coverage, the width. How well do you think the build translates into ES? I've never made a CoC and so I don't know what to really look for in the tree besides crit/AS/crit/spell damage/(maybe) accuracy. Any recommendations or basic trees you could start me out on as a basic guide, something that will help me theorycraft from?

Thanks and keep up the good work.
"
CypressLB wrote:
So I'm currently having a terrible time trying to figure out what build I want to go with. What originally started with LL culling support with totems turned into LL culling with GC and now I'm at a point where I highly enjoy Glacial Cascade, but I recognize it's problems. I'm falling in love with the idea of CoC and CoC GS+IN+GC. Your build looks great and it looks like it solves the problems of GC's lack of ground coverage, the width. How well do you think the build translates into ES? I've never made a CoC and so I don't know what to really look for in the tree besides crit/AS/crit/spell damage/(maybe) accuracy. Any recommendations or basic trees you could start me out on as a basic guide, something that will help me theorycraft from?

Thanks and keep up the good work.

CoC is not meant to be used with ES gear. All uniques which make CoC builds good don't have any ES at all. One exception might be Shavronne's Wrappings, but I don't have the currency to test something insanely expensive like that.

Can't link any basic trees for one reason - what tree you use is heavily dependent on which CoC build you are going to run. Furthermore, even for the same CoC variant (using the same attack and spells) can be many tree variations.
So my advise is just to see which CoC builds are popular and look at their skilltrees and explanations in their guides.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Aaaaw, now I need a Shadow.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info