Herald of Thunder and Totems

Hey,

today I noticed a strange thing in Connection with Herald of Thunder and Totems.

Since I took Ancestral Bond my Skills can not kill Mobs, so Totems do.

In the Description of Herald of Thunder is written "If YOU kill a shocked enemy ..."
But sometimes during leveling, if my Totems kill an enemy there those
Lightning Bolts which strikes after a shocked enemy is killed.

How is that possible, could someone explain it to me ?

Ps.: Sorry for my bad english, i am not a native speaker ;-D
Totems use your skills.
Herald of Ice works too. I'm running Hatred for my crit shockwave totems and it will freeze things upon crit too.

I suppose it just works. Shrines apply to totems too, at least the few I picked up while leveling did.
Last edited by mego950 on Dec 19, 2014, 10:19:18 AM
Auras are not skills. Heralds are not auras.

I find that surprising. Ancestral Bond says you cannot deal damage with your skills, and the Heralds say you have to get the kill. It's like there's two different "yous."
Ah okay.

Thank you all :-)
In 1.2, totems only got the upfront damage from heralds, but not the on-kill effects. I only briefly tested this with Herald of Ice and Flame Totems in 1.3, and I did not see the on-kill effect occurring (the flat damage was still added to the totem's damage).
"
PolarisOrbit wrote:
I find that surprising. Ancestral Bond says you cannot deal damage with your skills, and the Heralds say you have to get the kill. It's like there's two different "yous."

Exactly. There are two different yous. You the character and you the totem. The totem gets the herald so, it (you) triggers the herald when it (you) kills something.
"
Mivo wrote:
In 1.2, totems only got the upfront damage from heralds, but not the on-kill effects. I only briefly tested this with Herald of Ice and Flame Totems in 1.3, and I did not see the on-kill effect occurring (the flat damage was still added to the totem's damage).

Odd, I was using Herald of Ice and Thunder while leveling and I swore everytime the totem crit I created the HoI circles onto enemies.
Last edited by mego950 on Dec 19, 2014, 10:30:52 AM
"
mego950 wrote:
Odd, I was using Herald of Ice and Thunder while leveling and I swore everytime the totem crit I created the HoI circles onto enemies.

I haven't tested it extensively in 1.3, only in 1.2, so my brief testing in 1.3 was not very in-depth. I'll slap on a herald tomorrow and give it a better test. It's entirely possible that I didn't notice it because Flame Totem has a notoriously low crit chance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info