[2.1] Ethereal Knives MF Build. Effectively >90k DPS, >20k EHP, 300 IIR, 43 IIQ, Triple Blasphemy

hi there,

First of all, looks very nice, a unique switch from the regular low-life builds out there!!

I do have an issue getting on that low-level front :o

I'm currently lvl 70 with 1140 hp (no Oak) and thus would need about 399 or less to reach low-life.

But I just cannot seem to reach there...
lvl 18 red mana and lvl 17 BM gem, haste gets me at low lvl but I need clarity and I cannot run both (not a lvl 15 one, nor a lvl 17 one).
Clarity on its own does not bring me to low-life...

I have all the mana reserve nodes, is there something I have been doing wrong/have overlooked?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I checked with a mana reserved calculator, even a lvl 20 red mana and BM would not allow me to run both?? I don't get it :s
Last edited by musina0 on Apr 30, 2015, 10:04:55 PM
"
musina0 wrote:
hi there,

First of all, looks very nice, a unique switch from the regular low-life builds out there!!

I do have an issue getting on that low-level front :o

I'm currently lvl 70 with 1140 hp (no Oak) and thus would need about 399 or less to reach low-life.

But I just cannot seem to reach there...
lvl 18 red mana and lvl 17 BM gem, haste gets me at low lvl but I need clarity and I cannot run both (not a lvl 15 one, nor a lvl 17 one).
Clarity on its own does not bring me to low-life...

I have all the mana reserve nodes, is there something I have been doing wrong/have overlooked?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I checked with a mana reserved calculator, even a lvl 20 red mana and BM would not allow me to run both?? I don't get it :s

Hey musina0,
I think you need at least 1200-1250 life to be able to run both at maximum. I didn't get the life bonus from Oak either but I have some added life (about 90) from my equipment so when I run both out of around 1350 life I have 98 life left over. My haste and clarity as well as my reduced mana and blood magic gems are all level 18. I also have a lot of added strength from my equipment so that probably gives me a fair amount of extra life too (Doryani's Invitation, Solaris Lorica) so if I change my gear, I may be in the same situation as you.
Hey,

If you want to run a 60% aura and Clarity lvl 20 on life, you need to take all the mana reservation nodes on the tree (for -34% mana reservation). Moreover, you need close to max level Reduced Mana and Blood Magic supports.

If you don't have the full tree yet (-20% mana reservation), you need to reshuffle a bit. I recommend one 60% aura and one 25% Herald with lvl 18+ Reduced Mana and lvl 18+ Blood Magic (for 99% life reservation if both are lvl 18).

Good luck!
Man this build looks amazing! I was getting so sick with my Arc MF and thinking about phys dmg variants and found your build. Now I don't know if I should wait for Awakening or go ahead and spend some 3-4 exalts worth of regrets and completely re-spec my current build :)) I also have suggestions so please tell me what do you think.

1. Prism Guardian. It will lower your ES but will give you possibility to free up some skill points from mana reservation nodes or from whole clusters that could be invested in further dmg increase or resistances. It will add tons of resistances(with legacy variant even more). Also +1 to aura gems is quite nice.

2. Running Discipline and HoT with Empower and Reduced Mana in one of the items with +1 to gems (like your Aurseize) could nicely boost your dps/ES + free up a bit of mana.
Last edited by Chedson on May 7, 2015, 10:05:09 AM
Hey, how are you able to cap your resists with your current gear?
If i did count right you have C 139 F 128 L 128 seems like F and L are uncapped with -60% Penalty in Merciless? Did i overlook anything?
Good weekend everybody,

@Chedson: Since I'm impatient, I would probably respec if I were you, but of course it also depends on your current net wealth ;)

Your suggestions are interesting and very welcome. I will probably toy around with Prism Guardian a bit and see if I can cope with the loss of ES. Perhaps it's possible to (almost) fully compensate for this by reallocating mana reservationnodes in favor of ES nodes.

The idea of augmenting HoT and Discipline with Empower (preferably in a +1 corrupted item) is great. According to Mikelat's Aura Calculator (see https://poe.mikelat.com/#05rE55/rYWEPc/gZMs5/tY92a2W for an example), this would reduce my unreserved mana pool from about 160 to 80. Which should still be sufficient and therefore sounds like a nice upgrade.

I'll try this today and report back. Thanks for your input!

@Xiarrah:

You probably forgot to count the node "Nullification" on the tree, which gives me an additional 8% to all elemental resistances. It's still true that my current fire res is uncapped by 1%. I don't notice any difference, though.

"
habkor wrote:
Good weekend everybody,

@Chedson: Since I'm impatient, I would probably respec if I were you, but of course it also depends on your current net wealth ;)

Your suggestions are interesting and very welcome. I will probably toy around with Prism Guardian a bit and see if I can cope with the loss of ES. Perhaps it's possible to (almost) fully compensate for this by reallocating mana reservationnodes in favor of ES nodes.

The idea of augmenting HoT and Discipline with Empower (preferably in a +1 corrupted item) is great. According to Mikelat's Aura Calculator (see https://poe.mikelat.com/#05rE55/rYWEPc/gZMs5/tY92a2W for an example), this would reduce my unreserved mana pool from about 160 to 80. Which should still be sufficient and therefore sounds like a nice upgrade.

I'll try this today and report back. Thanks for your input!

@Xiarrah:

You probably forgot to count the node "Nullification" on the tree, which gives me an additional 8% to all elemental resistances. It's still true that my current fire res is uncapped by 1%. I don't notice any difference, though.

great to hear that you liked my suggestions. I have decided to just create new Witch since it seems that with Witch we have most optimal skill redistribution to get to the amazing Elemental Dominion. I had very smooth and fast progress lvl 50 atm, I have even not bothered with life nodes just went with ES as you have in your final tree and still have very good survivability and also very good dps since EK scales very well with every dps increasing item that I have :)) hoping to get to 62 very soon and go low life with Shavronnes and try out Redbeak

Hi, will you update this tree when new patch and skill tree will be released? I have now low life arc mf witch but would like to try after reset EK version.
Gonna do this character today. Seems really good thanks for the build.
Last edited by Reloads on May 15, 2015, 2:06:23 PM
Hey all,

First of all, sorry for the delayed response!

@Chedson: Hope everything is still going well for you. Did you succeed in transitioning to low life?

Your idea with Empower + HoT + Discipline was great btw. I could manage to buy a corrupted +1 gems Wondertrap for 2 Exas, which in combination with the new gem setup pushed my sheet DPS to 30k+ and my ES to 7.8k. I will hopefully find some time to update the thread soon.

@Asag: Yeah, I will definitely update the build once patch 2.0 comes live. I hope that EK will get buffed a little ;)

@Reload: Hope you enjoy the build! Just post here in case you have questions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info