One Shot to rule them all mechanics is abit frustrating *Softcore*

I think you have a point, but you're coming at it the wrong way.

The reason at the heart of why people are currently building offence to the exclusion of defence is because monsters hit so hard that the best defence is "no be there". Buffing monsters further would do nothing but emphasise that defence doesn't matter.

Right now with 76% physical reduction from my armor and endurance charges and 4000 life regenerating at about 386/sec, I STILL cannot fight Kole fairly in a melee fight without cheesing him from afar with stun ground slam. I took one of his ground slams by mistake and it did somewhere in the region of 3.6k damage.

The problem is that there's no real solution to the state of the game: if you make monsters deal less damage, people will still roll max offence because it clears fast and would be made safer. If you make them deal more damage, defence becomes even more pointless - further justifying maximum offence.

It makes me glad I'm not the one in charge of trying to work out what to do. Here's what I would propose off the top of my head:

- Monsters gain about 200-300% more health
- Monster damage reduced by 55-80%ish depending on monster (most current white monsters are alright except for devourers, leap slammers and evangelists so those three would get nerfed harder than everything else. Meanwhile the orchard boss would have the holy fucking shit nerfed out of him)
- Blue packs can now spawn with elemental or physical reflect. Rares now have dual reflect instead of one kind.
- Rare monsters can spawn with Bloodless aura.

My goal would be to bring reflect back to do what it was meant to do - counter glass cannons. Higher health on monsters would make one-shotting harder and would also mean you'd have a lot more damage reflected back at you. The reduction in overall monster damage would be to make defence have a purpose again - since you'd be taking more hits from not being able to one-hit monsters, being able to survive packs needs to be possible. Orchard boss is just thrown in because 9K damage fireballs and 4K damage swipes in a level 66 map is obscene.

The bloodless aura would shut down leech builds (but not LGOH, which would be another problem) once in a while so you'd need to have another way of surviving rather than leeching all the damage back.

That rambled on a lot longer than it should have. It's fun to speculate about things like this, though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info