Does anyone else miss Cutthroat as much as I do?

Can't miss something I've never seen and will never see.

I hope the folks who like that type of game play have fun with it, but you couldn't pay me to play in a cutthroat game, whether a full league or just a 5 minute deal. Just not my thing.
"
Chris wrote:
It's very likely we'll be running a one-week cutthroat event in the next couple of months!

Why don't you make a permanent CT league? Will you ever do this?
"
Thaelyn wrote:

I hope the folks who like that type of game play have fun with it, but you couldn't pay me to play in a cutthroat game, whether a full league or just a 5 minute deal. Just not my thing.

You're just a sheep. PvP is the main reason to play aRPG.
Last edited by SidleJinks on Dec 18, 2014, 9:19:49 AM
"
SidleJinks wrote:

Really? D2 had no official PvP, D3 has none, Torchlight had no PvP mode, and neither did Titan Quest. Gear-based games never mesh well with PvP, because for meaningful results you need equal conditions. I guess PvP in an ARPG appeals to people who suck at actually competitive games, using time instead of skill to "win".

Anyway, there is an achievement for Cutthroat, so I hope we'll see CT events more frequently. That's my only interest in it.
Last edited by Mivo on Dec 18, 2014, 9:40:00 AM
"
SidleJinks wrote:
"
Thaelyn wrote:

I'm a sheep for making my own choices and playing what I like as opposed to following the "crowd" (however large or small the PvP audience in PoE may be) into something I don't care for?

Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Don't know how I managed to survive this long in life with such an atrocious sense of self awareness.
I hope they make one because having an achievement you can earn once a year is so annoying.
cut-throat would have been so much more fun than 'normal' pvp.
At least it makes sense killing other players to get their loot...
"
Chris wrote:
It's very likely we'll be running a one-week cutthroat event in the next couple of months!

This literally made my day, Can't WAIT to get back into PoE.
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
No. It's a toxic community of griefers. That's why a league wouldn't work. You can't just have a bunch of assholes running around in grief gangs. You need "normal" players in order for the league to work. Alas Cutthroat needs normal players for the griefers to kill. However a normal player would "try" it out for a few minutes, get zoned camped, and then quit.

Granted your question was around a 1 or 2 week race, which I don't have a problem with. The only thing I was saying is the concept is flawed. That is why participation is so low and why races don't appear much any longer.

And to this, watch Kripp play cutthroat, and tell me if he was ever toxic, he was in the best of the best. And loved every second with no toxicity. As of me, I was decent. top 15-20ish every race, and LOVED to die. It's the best part? What's the fun of no danger the entire time and camping low-levels? There isn't one.

And about the league, They're not dumb. GGG is a very successful company, they would find a way around zone camping. They would (hopefully) do everything to keep people like that away from the farmers, BUT let's be honest. You can't go into a cutthroat league expecting to farm without consequences, so you should be ready at all times.
"
Chris wrote:

Sooooooooooooooooo, new Race Season, and still no cutthroat.. Or never the one-week CT... Kinda disappointing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info