1.3 Marohi Erqi Static Strike Marauder

"
Volren617 wrote:
I actually respecced an old melee Marauder on Standard to play around with Static Strike. I also found it to be a pleasant surprise and am keeping on with the character, though my current skilltree looks a bit different from yours (currently level 80):
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAAecEswUtDjwUIBRNFHEXLxiRGbQaOBo-G8ghNCFVJyAnLymlLPs0jjpSOzs8LT38QT9DMUd-TP9OKlBHUeZX4lhjXhNfP2BLYVJk52VNZp5nm2jyapNr2XKpdO12rHdTd-N35XrvfNl99YKbhNmE74Y7hmCKIozPkFWexZ_Ln9-iAKcwrj6vbLQvtkG3PryfvTa-p8AawGbE9sauxtjPfti94XPkUeoY7DjtIO8O707vfPAf8i_2SPcy-Ov60vxL_go=

The tree could probably do with some optimization as I slapped it together in five minutes. Chose to go IR and am currently finishing the Sovereignty cluster which should let me run Hatred, Grace, and HoA together. After that, probably Purity of Flesh and Juggernaut, then back to DPS nodes.

I'm glad to hear Celestial Punishment is working out well for you, I considered grabbing it but thought 10% shock chance wasn't really worth it (though HoA ignites a lot of stuff so that would be handy). I hadn't thought of trying Curse on Hit with Vengeance, might give it a roll though I find it doesn't really trigger consistently enough to be anything but a bonus.

I haven't really pushed him into any 75+ maps yet, but he's facerolling low 70s maps so will probably work my way up after grinding out another level or two.

Current gear (mostly slapped together):
Spoiler

Yep .. Celestial Punishment is really cool. I really need to respec however to grab Unwavering , it seems to cause me problems a lot of times.

Also I think I will link Vengeance with curse on hit and conductivity to provide additional shock chance ...and if possible IAoE. I don't know if Increased Area of Effect works with vengeance however, needs testing. It Actually procs pretty often for me and I don't have a quality gem. 20 % quality Vengeance would have 40% chance. That's pretty big.

Got Olmec's Sanctum this morning on Zana daily.... really ... why does it give me good maps in these moments ... lol. I've managed to kill the Shock totem and fire totem so far. Again ... this map is 74 and I'm only 64 and have not at all grabbed everything I need.

"Good luck on your naps Exile"
Last edited by IonSugeRau1 on Dec 18, 2014, 1:30:49 AM
Updated info + endgame dps preview.
Hey! just want to say that I have been following your build in torment and it has been going really well. Here is my current tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecEswUtB3UJlgxfFCAUTRZvGJEaOBpVHKchNCFVJKonLyfVNug26TkOOzs8BTwtPfxBP0d-UEdR5lOlVw1YY1nzXhNfP2BLYSFko2VNZp5xhXKpdO12rHdTeu982YKbhNmE74VSh2qQVZBsl3maO57Fns2fy5_fogCnMKknqZSsqq2NsUK0L7c-vJ-9Nr6nwBrAZsCmxFjE9sauxtjPftIh2L3ZYdw942rkUeoY6wnsOO8O73zzEfZI9zL60vxL_go=

I am going to sanctity right now then will probably finish life wheel with about 7k hp. I am currently at 6.5k hp and 25k tool tip dps. I think i will do atziri with this build. Static strike has really high single target damage and aoe clear so it should be fine. My only worry is the lack of mobility but faster attacks + leapslam helps a lot with that. Anyway, here is my gear in case you are curious. I plan on running herald of ice once my reduced mana hits 20 or 21 just because we can. Let me know if you have any suggestions on my gear or current build. Thanks!

Last edited by wcbigworm on Dec 22, 2014, 7:30:04 PM
Here's what I'm playing currently :

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwB5wUtB3UJlg3NEuEUIBRNFPYYkRnpGjgcziE0IVUkiycgJy8qOCtQLPst0jIJNZI26DkOOp062Ds7PQ89_EE_R35N41BHUeZXDVhjWK9eE18_YEtgkWDEYSFlTWxGcmxyqXTtdqx3U3gNeu97jHy7fNl99YIHgpuE2YTvhVKGO4cph2qKIozPkFWQbJd5nsWezZ_LplenMKknqW6plK2NtC-18ryfvTa-ir6nwKbEFcT2xtjPftIh2L3ZYdw95FHkreoY6wnsOO8O8kH2SPcy_Ev-VP6P

No regen but vaal pact, a bit less life, a lot more dmg and attack speed.

Why did you say this version, without multistrike and with life leech instead of lgoh, is more dangerous ?
Last edited by Cynry on Dec 22, 2014, 11:23:55 PM
"
wcbigworm wrote:
Hey! just want to say that I have been following your build in torment and it has been going really well. Here is my current tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecEswUtB3UJlgxfFCAUTRZvGJEaOBpVHKchNCFVJKonLyfVNug26TkOOzs8BTwtPfxBP0d-UEdR5lOlVw1YY1nzXhNfP2BLYSFko2VNZp5xhXKpdO12rHdTeu982YKbhNmE74VSh2qQVZBsl3maO57Fns2fy5_fogCnMKknqZSsqq2NsUK0L7c-vJ-9Nr6nwBrAZsCmxFjE9sauxtjPftIh2L3ZYdw942rkUeoY6wnsOO8O73zzEfZI9zL60vxL_go=

I am going to sanctity right now then will probably finish life wheel with about 7k hp. I am currently at 6.5k hp and 25k tool tip dps. I think i will do atziri with this build. Static strike has really high single target damage and aoe clear so it should be fine. My only worry is the lack of mobility but faster attacks + leapslam helps a lot with that. Anyway, here is my gear in case you are curious. I plan on running herald of ice once my reduced mana hits 20 or 21 just because we can. Let me know if you have any suggestions on my gear or current build. Thanks!

Everything is looking pretty good so far.

One of the reasons I've said that my defensive options aren't set in stone was to specifically see different ones from you guys and how they work since I don't personally have the chance/time to calculate every possibility :). The way you gone about it is pretty cool. You probably get an average regen better then what I would get through Lgoh. I'll have to consider that and further test it. Thanks for trying it out :)

I don't think there's anything I can recommend , if you can manage the resists and life loss you could go for double curse with the help of windscream boots (if you can afford them as well) temp chains might help you out with atziri.

"

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwB5wUtB3UJlg3NEuEUIBRNFPYYkRnpGjgcziE0IVUkiycgJy8qOCtQLPst0jIJNZI26DkOOp062Ds7PQ89_EE_R35N41BHUeZXDVhjWK9eE18_YEtgkWDEYSFlTWxGcmxyqXTtdqx3U3gNeu97jHy7fNl99YIHgpuE2YTvhVKGO4cph2qKIozPkFWQbJd5nsWezZ_LplenMKknqW6plK2NtC-18ryfvTa-ir6nwKbEFcT2xtjPftIh2L3ZYdw95FHkreoY6wnsOO8O8kH2SPcy_Ev-VP6P

Why did you say this version, without multistrike and with life leech instead of lgoh, is more dangerous ?

Haven't considered Vaal Pact when I've said that. But this is looking really good as well. You probably get an average of at least 1500 life per second which is really cool. (after the blast hits in)[ calculated based on my stats which include multstrike ]

The dangerous part of it is that as long as you don't hit you won't regen any ... but I think you can manage to facetank everything with considerate defensive options :).

Did some fast calculations to see if multistrike is worth it and it is.
They are based on my current stats so they won't be entirely accurate for you. But the main principles apply. I've considered 7% leech to be the norm for these.

In a WED + MPD + AFD + FA setup the average restults were :

15000 combined damage --[2 aps]--> 850 main + 595 AoE (1445 life/sec)

In a WED + MPD + Multi + FA setup the average results were :

6000 combined damage --[4aps]--> 930 main + 651 AoE (1581 life/sec)

There's not a huge difference in life gain .... however the difference is that you can hit faster with multi , therefore higher chances to proc Shock.

Also without multi you have to consider how your leech scales with your life so that you don't go over the cap and waste benefit. With multi it's harder to reach that cap.

Also I wouldn't ignore the new celestial punishment node. The damage it provides applies the last over everything so it's really powerful.

Side note: I believe Celestial Punishment node provides an overall Increased Damage versus shocked targets ... which means that this doesn't make shock go up to 75% from 50%. Since this isn't a specific enhance to shock this means that they apply one after the other. This is what makes it very powerful.

Your X damage is increased by 25% and then it hits the shocked target which receives 50% more of that already 25% increased hit.

Also one of the reasons why I believe that pure crit builds with static strike won't be able to reach our potential. Mostly because they can't reach this very powerful node efficiently.

Last edited by IonSugeRau1 on Dec 23, 2014, 2:31:05 AM
"
IonSugeRau1 wrote:

Side note: I believe Celestial Punishment node provides an overall Increased Damage versus shocked targets ... which means that this doesn't make shock go up to 75% from 50%. Since this isn't a specific enhance to shock this means that they apply one after the other. This is what makes it very powerful.

Your X damage is increased by 25% and then it hits the shocked target which receives 50% more of that already 25% increased hit.

Also one of the reasons why I believe that pure crit builds with static strike won't be able to reach our potential. Mostly because they can't reach this very powerful node efficiently.

Celestial Punishment reads "25% increased damage vs shocked enemies".
"Increased", not "more".

When this is not an exception to the rule, it is an "increased" modifier like any other.

So it gets added to all other "increased damage" sources, like the "+12% lightning damage" node right next to it, 24% on a perfect rustic sash, 10% on a 20q melee damage gem...

Which makes it not very powerful at all.
It's a good node because of the 5% chance to shock, but the damage is not that amazing as you're trying to make it.

---

And why exactly does a crit build not get this node?
What gives you the idea that a RT build can now somehow outDpS crit?
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
IonSugeRau1 wrote:
"
wcbigworm wrote:

Everything is looking pretty good so far.

One of the reasons I've said that my defensive options aren't set in stone was to specifically see different ones from you guys and how they work since I don't personally have the chance/time to calculate every possibility :). The way you gone about it is pretty cool. You probably get an average regen better then what I would get through Lgoh. I'll have to consider that and further test it. Thanks for trying it out :)

I don't think there's anything I can recommend , if you can manage the resists and life loss you could go for double curse with the help of windscream boots (if you can afford them as well) temp chains might help you out with atziri.

"

Haven't considered Vaal Pact when I've said that. But this is looking really good as well. You probably get an average of at least 1500 life per second which is really cool. (after the blast hits in)[ calculated based on my stats which include multstrike ]

The dangerous part of it is that as long as you don't hit you won't regen any ... but I think you can manage to facetank everything with considerate defensive options :).

Did some fast calculations to see if multistrike is worth it and it is.
They are based on my current stats so they won't be entirely accurate for you. But the main principles apply. I've considered 7% leech to be the norm for these.

In a WED + MPD + AFD + FA setup the average restults were :

15000 combined damage --[2 aps]--> 850 main + 595 AoE (1445 life/sec)

In a WED + MPD + Multi + FA setup the average results were :

6000 combined damage --[4aps]--> 930 main + 651 AoE (1581 life/sec)

There's not a huge difference in life gain .... however the difference is that you can hit faster with multi , therefore higher chances to proc Shock.

Also without multi you have to consider how your leech scales with your life so that you don't go over the cap and waste benefit. With multi it's harder to reach that cap.

Also I wouldn't ignore the new celestial punishment node. The damage it provides applies the last over everything so it's really powerful.

Peterlerock is right on this one I think, it's just an increased damage. Considering how low your status ailment proc chance is I'm not really sure it's worth it. On my end definitely not, leap slam is part of my dps and pure phys.

Multistrike is more dps, of course, I just don't like the way it plays. You have to hit 3 times, even when you hit the air (which I still do a lot :D), and you can't really focus down a boss from its pack, you have to hit everyone. I'll probably go for either added fire or try weapon elemental damage for 5th link. It also makes stunning a bit harder, but maybe it still works just fine. I know I stun pretty much everything as is, don't want that to change :p

Yeah, the time between the first hit and the first explosion can be tough sometimes, before the leech kicks in. That's ok as I also leech on vengeance and leap slam, but it definitely is something to keep in mind.
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
IonSugeRau1 wrote:

Celestial Punishment reads "25% increased damage vs shocked enemies".
"Increased", not "more".

When this is not an exception to the rule, it is an "increased" modifier like any other.

So it gets added to all other "increased damage" sources, like the "+12% lightning damage" node right next to it, 24% on a perfect rustic sash, 10% on a 20q melee damage gem...

Which makes it not very powerful at all.
It's a good node because of the 5% chance to shock, but the damage is not that amazing as you're trying to make it.

---

And why exactly does a crit build not get this node?
What gives you the idea that a RT build can now somehow outDpS crit?

One of the main reasons is indeed the 5% chance.

However I don't really understand why you believe that a node that specifies only increased damage , no restrictions whatsoever to damage type , would not be a powerful node ? That means it should apply to everything individually which will result in the same effect as if it would have applied overall.

How many Increased Damage only nodes you know on the skill tree ? This , wands , minions and damage over time are the only ones I know of.

Even so it wouldn't appear much different from any other phys damage increasw which in turn would affect everything else that is based on phys. But I have my doubts about this node and it's wording. That's why I've mentioned "I believe" not that I'm 100% sure.

In regards to the crit comment ... I didn't say crit builds. I've said static strike crit builds. It's entirely different. Most crit spell/totem crit builds will actually take advantage of that if they can. But for a melee static strike crit it would be harder to do so. I think it's somewhat possible to achieve by staves if you roll as the Scion , but then again it has little efficiency in pathing. Looks mostly counter-productive to me.

@Cynry: In single target it's like having 8 aps. Each having 10 % chance to apply shock. It works pretty well for me honestly but If you really want to take it further you can link vengeance with conductivity which will more then double your shock chance.

Either way it's up to you how you want to play it. Matters only to have fun. So if you're not having fun with multistrike , it's perfectly fine :).

Last edited by IonSugeRau1 on Dec 23, 2014, 7:19:46 AM
Do you shock a lot ? Is it rolled per attack or per target ? The 30% damage is good, yes, but only applies to shocked/frozen.. targets, so its efficiency depends on the target's condition, it's not always on like the other nodes. Also increased phys dmg is as efficient as increased all dmg concerning our builds, as it's all conversion.

Maybe that's why I didn't really enjoy multistrike, I don't really have any chance of anything that would take advantage of that... Could you post a video ? I'm not sure what I'll be doing with my next 10 points yet, maybe I'll head toward templar
Not sure what you are trying to say here.

"
How many Increased Damage only nodes you know on the skill tree ?

In my tree, I have...

xxx% increased physical damage with maces/twohanders/melee
xx% increased (weapon) elemental damage
xx% increased area damage

On my gear, I have
xx% increased physical damage
xx% increased (weapon) elemental damage

On my gems, I have...
xx% increased physical damage
xx% increased elemental damage

All of this is pretty much "the same" for damage calculation (elemental nodes with 60% efficiency), and while further increases are obviously good, they are not that good, because they are all added up.
So if I have +500% already, additional 25% add up to 525%, making a 6 multiplier a 6.25 multiplier. That's nice and all, but not sooo great, especially considering it only applies to shocked monsters. And shock on serious beefy bosses is supershort, shock on normal monsters is worthless, as they die anyways on the first or second hit.

---

About Crit builds:
A crit (static strike) build doesn't need the 5% chance to shock, because he has "crit chance = chance to shock", which is way better.
Also he does more damage easily.
Crit is just better in any aspect. We are playing RT because it's useless to go crit with 2h maces, but don't tell that those 5% shock chance nodes do anything to balance crit vs non-crit.

---

About multistrike:
"
In single target it's like having 8 aps. Each having 10 % chance to apply shock

Again, 99% sure that's not how multistrike works.
All 3 Multistrike attacks are the same.
Either all of them shock, or none will shock (same goes for crit, hit/miss etc).
That means: multistrike does nothing for your shock chance.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info