[1.3] pabrt's Frost Wall Kinetic Blaster - Budget Friendly!

"
Agent_Wesker wrote:
@Titan_Uranus

After checking out your tree I noticed mine doesn't have nearly enough INT to use a Piscator.

I have changed it to match yours (but Shadow instead of Scion)

PoE Builder - Shadow Start

Aside from that I agree with most of your gear / aura choices.

*For crit chance I would use one of the following:

*Using an Aura calculator it would have to be like this:

• Alpha's Howl - lvl 20 RM + Wrath + Anger + HoI
  • Prism Guardian - lvl 20 RM + lvl 20 Clarity + HoT
  • Reduced Mana Reserved 16% (from tree)

That would leave you with enough mana and hp to be viable.

Your tree looks good except that it lacks a bit of hp, but I see that you can easily pick up some more HP on the wheel and just to the right of scion start.

Both Maligaro's and Ungil's are viable choices, I just prefer to use Maligaro's as it gives me a higher crit mult instead of a lower. However Ungil's got 50% more crit chance than Maligaro's...
Might have to do some math on that to figure which works the best or if there is any breaking point where one becomes better! ^^

The aura setup looks good, the only real reason to why I choose to put Clarity + Grace in Prism is because I just find it really convenient to have everything cursed thanks to HoT without me having to do anything except turning it on!

"
pabrt wrote:
Titan your build looks pretty good. Only thing I'd worry about is life pool because of how many uniques you're using.

Also regarding curses, I think poacher's mark is the best one (for me at least). I've been trying out assassin/poacher/warlord and I'd rank them poacher, warlord, assassin in terms of best to worst. The defensive benefits of poacher/warlord and the evasion reduction on poacher are really good.

Assassin offers a lot of DPS but that part is overkill. The major benefit is the power charges if you don't have another way to get them, but you could always just use power siphon. Maybe the convenience is worth it.

I also totally forgot about cwdt EC IC, going to use that now as well. The skill effect duration nodes affect that, right? If so this build is perfectly suited to it because those nodes also buff out DPS. What is the ideal EC IC setup? like what level for the gems

Yeah, the life pool might become a bit low, especially since I now also think about maybe using CoD for further mitigation. But thanks to Wesker I might use Ungil's Harmony instead of Maligaro's Virtuosity, which would allow me to use gloves with life.

I'm also thinking about swapping Doryani's Invitation for Immortal Flesh, to gain some sweet life and regen, as well as a extra damage reduction. This will however put me at a max of 70 to all res, so I'm still not really sure if its worth it as it will make me hella vulnerable against elemental reflect... Might actually be legit with the
Aside from the general defenses (Evasion / Life / Dodge) how do we leech life?

Doryani's Invitation is only 1%, Piscator is a unique so you can't craft leech on it.

Corrupted amulet perhaps?
I'd really like to try something like this in Bloodlines, but finding those life nodes isn't easy on this side of the tree... Any ideas for survivability in HC?
Last edited by dwlee on Dec 19, 2014, 9:40:01 PM
I dunno, that build actually has a lot of immediate life nodes you could take but didn't.

You'd need to find out exactly how much mana/crit you need, since you could recover some points from there to put into life. I'm assuming you did the math on your aura nodes to make sure they're all necessary.
"
pabrt wrote:
I dunno, that build actually has a lot of immediate life nodes you could take but didn't.

You'd need to find out exactly how much mana/crit you need, since you could recover some points from there to put into life. I'm assuming you did the math on your aura nodes to make sure they're all necessary.

nope. im a noob.

ill just build it as I go! thats what regrets are for right :)
Updated OP with new stuff

Made a video of a map run (I decided to make it one where I'd level up so it would be more festive)

Skill tree change: went into acrobatics, took more life, dropped damage, got flask nodes

Flask changes: flasks are completely different, using surgeon's resist and jade for 100% uptime defense buffs

Gear changes: new wand calculated to be exactly at 95% crit for me, more dps and better attack speed for ramping up
"
Agent_Wesker wrote:
Aside from the general defenses (Evasion / Life / Dodge) how do we leech life?

Doryani's Invitation is only 1%, Piscator is a unique so you can't craft leech on it.

Corrupted amulet perhaps?

We will leech by either

A)
  • Putting a leech gem in our KB setup, does however require a 6L and we will miss out on WED

B)
  • Using warlords mark instead of assassins mark on our CoH setup, this removes our main way of generating power charges though. Could maybe be solved by putting a PS setup on weapon swap...

C)
  • Getting elemental leech on our gear through corrupting, seems like the least viable choice though.

I think that unless you got someone who generates charges for your party, the best option is A.
Option B might be equally good, or even better, but it can possibly lead to the feeling of a clunky game play due to having to swap weapons every 7-8 second.
As long as you're not ES, you can just use thief's torment in lieu of leech.
"
pabrt wrote:
As long as you're not ES, you can just use thief's torment in lieu of leech.

Well yeah, you could. But that would mean that you miss out on Crit Chance rings, which also can have flat damage rolls, life, mana and resistances. But it is a viable choice non the less!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info