Mirror Arrow

The current mechanic of clone/mirror arrow suffer several problems:

1. Cold start problem - your dps is very low until you summoned several clones, but you have to re-summon all your clone after moving since clone cannot move with you, as a result your actually dps is very very low except in boss fight ( which only cover a very small portion of the total game time)

2. Weak alpha strike - After using the attack, there is always a long delay before the damage is done due to animation time ( attack animation -> projectile animation -> clone attack animation -> clone projectile animation ) hence weak alpha strike. This will cause you to take a lot more damage from trash mob because you can never kill them quick enough due to the delay. The delay still feels too long even after stacking a lot of projectile speed.

Proposal: Rework the clone as following:

- Clone no longer stand still or auto attack after spawned, instead they mimic player's movement and attack

- Clone do not response to spell, and only do basic attack when player used an attack skill

- Clone can get stuck by terrain

Reason:

1. Solved both the mentioned problems

2. Transform clone into something unique, instead of a worst totem that cannot be benefit by your stat, remove duplication between clone and totem build ( currently clone is practically just an auto-turret with human appearance )

edit:

I take that back. Never realised i can get so much cooldown recovery on the mirror arrow from the bow mastery and the cooldown reduction trap wheel. It actually feels awesome.

There is one issue i found. Blade trap triggers when it expire and if i have Perfect Crime it does trigger again, but mirror/blink arrow only triggers again if it is triggered by an enemy.

Spoiler
Please make it once again possible to summon an army of archers!

Some suggestions:
Make a threshold jewel or some other item/talent for blink and mirror arrow that enables them to once again summon more than 1 minion with 1 use of the skill when used as a trap.
Or maybe make it so if supported by ballista totem the totem does not have a cooldown so it can be reused and it would be possible to have more than a 1 totem every 3 seconds (as it is now). Instead the totem can inherit the skill's cooldown and "shoot" the mirror once every 3 sec and to prevent cheating like spamming totems when a totem is removed the mirrors summoned by it are also removed. Or something else.

The current skill is no good for any way to play it for the mirrors - it just feels horribly clunky. The use of traps to summon an army was some really enjoyable way to play the game i (and probably many others) want to try again :)

Last edited by BGkamaz on Mar 19, 2022, 7:23:40 AM
(I posted on the other section of the forum but I think this discussion is also relevant there)

Hi!

It's been over a year since the last mirror/blink arrow skin (i.e. the merchant skin; which I already have). Could you make a new skin for it?

Also, the thing I love about the merchant skin is that it shoots gold/yellowish arrows (compared to all other skins that just shoot normal arrows). It'd be great if you can make a light icy blue-ish skin so that I can tell apart my blink arrow and mirror arrow. (if not light blue, anything other gold/yellowish arrow will do). I am 100% going to buy it since it will be a MASSIVE upgrade to my BAMA build!

Thank you in advance!

Best,
Paul
Last edited by stillwaterpaul on Sep 21, 2022, 4:42:54 PM
Why does Mirror Arrow have the travel and movement tags? I find it quite confusing. It took me a moment to realize that Blink Arrow is the skill I would want and associate with these tags. Mirror Arrow does not induce you to travel or move, it is merely creating a clone!
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
"
onomastikon wrote:
Why does Mirror Arrow have the travel and movement tags? I find it quite confusing. It took me a moment to realize that Blink Arrow is the skill I would want and associate with these tags. Mirror Arrow does not induce you to travel or move, it is merely creating a clone!

Just came in to ask this as well, especially given the new updated transfigured skill gems have come with mostly updated tags, I am left wondering why this still has movement & travel tag attached to it.

What's the interaction between unholy might and prismatic clones?

I use sin's rebirth + ele hit + void manipulation = 0 damage
Prismatic clones + void manipulation = has some damage, can even freeze/shock/ignite

So what exactly is the damage distribution of the prismatic clones here, when they are affected by unholy might + void manipulation?

Thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info