[1.3.0] Too Many Clones! -- PvE Templar Archer Summoner

"
pneuma wrote:
"
kongyuyu wrote:
Hi Op,
How about use some + cold dmg ring with Elemental Equilibrium?
prob can add alot of dmg.

I think I covered EE a few pages back, but yes, EE would be huge.

Run something like RoA + CoH + Eleweak and/or ProjectileWeak, EE on the player with a +1-2 cold damage ring (and no flat fire/light anywhere else, Wrath/Anger have Generosity) and it would be a giant damage boost.

If there are any "big" changes I want to make to the build, it's incorporating EE.

I'm currently working on exatly that, since it was already debated earlier in the thread :D
Although I didn't think of using RoA with Ele Weakness+CoH that sounds amazingly convenient.
Thanks for that idea!

Problem is that I am using Chin Sol and somehow need to find a +1 quiver to mine that does not have added lightning damage... More trading incoming xD

PS:
here is the updated tree which i'm now trying to achieve.
Traded some minion life for increased aura effect and an extra 4% reserve reduction.
If you want to actually run 3 offensive auras and still have enough mana for trap-spamming, the extra 4% reduction will make quite the difference.
I'm still considering if spending another 3 points to get EB would be worth the ~70 mana xD
Last edited by ragbasti on Jan 16, 2015, 4:20:45 PM
Ok, hit level 70! Able to run 71/72 maps, not the best clear speed but fun.

Tree for next few levels and gear:

Able to sustain traps without clarity now. Next few item goals are to get +1 curse corruption on sidhebreath and +1 arrow on quiver. Can definitely recommend flesh offering on cwdt, get hit and minions start going berserk.

EE seems strong in concept, but hard to execute. The minions attack way too fast, no way for us to keep up applying EE right?

PS ragbasti your current quiver is amazing :)
Current Quiver has changed. Unfortunately it was impossible to have EE running with my old quiver so I did a more or less unfavourable trade for one with no inbuilt elemental damage.

I also sold my Cloak of Defiance and got some more gear from the currency I got for it.

Current gear is now:
Spoiler

I am very happy with how things are going right now:
I have enough Mana to throw out 2-3 traps within a very short time, the CoH-RoA applies Elemental weakness and Fire-EE which hugely boosts the damage coming from my auras.
Having Haste is mostly boosting my SRS and my survivability to be honest, as the clones wreck havoc with or without. So I am mostly running it for more movement speed xD

Currently I am casting convocation and flesh offering manually but I'll try to get it to be cwdt, maybe getting rid of the curse on hit and manually applying EE and EW seperately, i'll see what I can afford xD

The immortal flesh is actually quite amazing, I am regenerating ~100 life/sec and have roughly 60 mana/sec with alot of regeneration still missing from the passive tree.

Only problems left now is getting life nodes, which I have stupidly neglected almost entirely so far, sitting on barely 2,3k health.
My current defense consists of these two xD

PS: level 68 now, starting to spec all life nodes possible xD
current tree

PPS:
Done, enduring cry and flesh offering with cwdt is really awesome, survivability is now much better. It also really helps when spamming SRS.
Will probably respec away from the Death Attunement node and drop the life and mana next to it to get mana + life in the templar area. Will go back there when everything else has been skilled xD

By now I am almost at the templar start, so I'll admit, that templar is probably the better starter choice - too lazy to restart this build on a templar though ^^
Last edited by ragbasti on Jan 17, 2015, 5:55:53 PM
"
tins00 wrote:
EE seems strong in concept, but hard to execute. The minions attack way too fast, no way for us to keep up applying EE right?

Minions don't have your passive tree.
Only you can apply EE, the minions cannot apply it (or reset it).

---

I disagree with Offering on CwDT. It's way too good to not have 100% uptime (which necessitates hardcasting it in a 1L).

Convocation on CwDT is pretty interesting.

An Immortal Flesh would be awesome for this build for sure. The mana regen is huge (frees clarity) and the other bonuses are good as well.
"
pneuma wrote:
"
tins00 wrote:

Minions don't have your passive tree.
Only you can apply EE, the minions cannot apply it (or reset it).

Holy crap that's awesome. In that case my ice shot curse on hit combo can already apply EE!

As far as flesh offering, I'm too lazy to always cast so cwdt for me haha. I can definitely see the benefit to selfcasting though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqz2SZA-RtA

Attack speed has weird interactions with Blink Arrow and Mirror Arrow clones/minions. There seems to be a cap on attacks per second for these minions, capping out at 10 attacks over a 5.70 second duration.

Infractem gets a noticable increase in attack speed with haste and flesh offering (7 attacks--8 attacks--10 attacks), while Lioneye's Glare stays about the same (10 attacks--10 attacks--10) attacks. This is a significant damage decrease for any bows that exceed the cap.

Blink Arrow/Mirror arrow has a 5.70 second clone duration.

Infractem has 1.10 attacks per second.

Lioneye's Glare has 1.74 attacks per second.

Flesh Offering has 39% increased attack speed.

Minions get 12% attack speed from my tree.

Haste gives 15% attack speed on the tree, 35% increased effect from Generosity, 54% increased effect from the tree.
Last edited by DeadlyParadox on Jan 18, 2015, 7:41:04 PM
"
DeadlyParadox wrote:

Attack speed has weird interactions with Blink Arrow and Mirror Arrow clones/minions. There seems to be a cap on attacks per second for these minions, capping out at 10 attacks over a 5.70 second duration.

Infractem gets a noticable increase in attack speed with haste and flesh offering (7 attacks--8 attacks--10 attacks), while Lioneye's Glare stays about the same (10 attacks--10 attacks--10) attacks. This is a significant damage decrease for any bows that exceed the cap.

Awesome find!
I knew there was something screwy with attack speed but had no idea it was an actual cap.

This either means "use big, slow bows" or alternatively means "frees up running FOffering/Haste".

Similarly means that Vaal Haste is generally worthless for this build (which I felt was true but couldn't really prove -- still was kinda used with SRS on weapon swap).
"
pneuma wrote:
"
DeadlyParadox wrote:

Awesome find!
I knew there was something screwy with attack speed but had no idea it was an actual cap.

This either means "use big, slow bows" or alternatively means "frees up running FOffering/Haste".

Similarly means that Vaal Haste is generally worthless for this build (which I felt was true but couldn't really prove -- still was kinda used with SRS on weapon swap).

I experimented with a slow bow. Lioneye's felt much stronger despite the attack speed not being as effective. Never missing feels so impactful.

I corrupted an additional arrow quiver today. With chain, my clear speed for tightly clustered packs is now very good.
"
DeadlyParadox wrote:

Amazing find, thanks for that!

"
tins00 wrote:

As far as flesh offering, I'm too lazy to always cast so cwdt for me haha. I can definitely see the benefit to selfcasting though.

Same here, since I never use it I have scrapped convocation also.
I now have 2 setups with CWDT:
high level gem and immortal call
low level gem + desecrate + flesh offering + enduring cry

Super lazy setup, self-suppliing corpses xD

As for EE: Still using rain of arrows but might switch to fire traps, seems to be more reliable

PS:

Okay, okay RoA still seems to be the best, if only for the good AoE size. Addy Accuracy helps though.

here is the CWDT setup btw:

PPS:

Done some testing with an neutral element bow and the herald skills:

Used a bow with no elements and activated all three herald skills, in addition to that I cast Assassin's Mark
Apart from the fact that it feels like no damage is added by the heralds, I have watched several crits go off without ever witnessing an elemental effect, so I am 90% certain, that the heralds do not work with the clones

Gonna re-roll as a templar and see how things go with that, planned tree will be this
Last edited by ragbasti on Jan 20, 2015, 9:47:10 AM
Recorded a video of my set up clearing a 68 Spider Forest map. I believe chain is better than LMP and provides more consistent results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYldRN-Ie0k

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info