[1.3.0] Too Many Clones! -- PvE Templar Archer Summoner

If you take reduced duration support gem and sunblast belt

you nn monsters to walk over the traps to make mirrows

lost the correct screenshot
but here is one also, with spell totem

not found the motivation yet, to make a real char around it
just did some Mirrow testing!
Well, I have such a character in mid 80-ties, so played it quite a lot.

The problem simply is... getting access to the clones at all.
And totems don't help a bit sadly. First cause the have the same CD and second cause the totemskill itself has too. So you need 9s to have 3 totems up and are additionally bound to an otherwise crappy chestpiece. (you can't even use the build in totem as it is the spell one)
And even then 3 totems with their cd could only roughly sustain 3x3 clones.
So we have 3x3 seconds for the totems + 3x3 seconds to up their clones, not even counting enemies destroying them... with a gameplay where most enemies need to die within 1-2 seconds to survive at all.

The trap thing is still a lot better there, and even this is so sub par it's not worth playing later on.

They definately need to buff the skill, not so much the damage numbers, but reconsidering the base functionality.
Last edited by Seelenernter on Feb 23, 2015, 6:01:25 AM
Let us assume the following before support gems:
210% increased Minion Damage
60% increased Minion attack speed
90% increased duration
34% increased aura effect (before Generosity)

So, support analysis:
Trap: just flat-out mandatory
Multiple Traps: 103% more damage. Brings damage increase to 250%.
LMP/GMP: Up to 148%/195% more damage. More likely about 65% more damage (2/3 LMP arrows hit). 13% less damage vs pure single target. We won't outright assume this is used, but brings attack speed to 30% and damage to 290% if it is. (Gem is OP.)
WED: for pure elemental, 63% more damage. Increased to 300% with LMP/GMP, 260% without. If physical, 20% more damage boosting Hatred alone.
Increased Duration: potentially 40% more damage in the long run, but may be weak if clones die or you need to move.
Faster Attacks: 31% more damage with LMP/GMP, 34% more without. If also Haste, 28%/30%. Not calculating Vaal Haste or Generous Haste. Very strong if not multi-proj as minions can shift targets faster.
Minion Damage: 23% more damage with LMP/GMP, 26% more without.

PPAD: 40% more damage if going physical.
Added Fire: if going physical, 24% more damage; it is less because we're already assuming 69% added as cold due to Hatred. 38% more if also using WED, but 17% more if using WED and Physical to Lightning.
Physical to Lightning: for physical, 21% more damage without WED, 47% more with WED.

So for elemental we'd be looking at Trap + Multiple Traps (+LMP?) + WED (+IncDur?) (+FA) (+MD), in that order.

In both cases, perhaps a CoH + Elemental Weakness + Projectile Weakness with Elemental Equilibrium is a good idea? Dealing fire for physical or cold for elemental.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 2, 2015, 12:22:45 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Let us assume the following before support gems:
210% increased Minion Damage
60% increased Minion attack speed
90% increased duration
34% increased aura effect (before Generosity)

So, support analysis:
Trap: just flat-out mandatory
Multiple Traps: 103% more damage. Brings damage increase to 250%.
LMP/GMP: Up to 148%/195% more damage. More likely about 65% more damage (2/3 LMP arrows hit). 13% less damage vs pure single target. We won't outright assume this is used, but brings attack speed to 30% and damage to 290% if it is. (Gem is OP.)
WED: for pure elemental, 63% more damage. Increased to 300% with LMP/GMP, 260% without. If physical, 20% more damage boosting Hatred alone.
Increased Duration: potentially 40% more damage in the long run, but may be weak if clones die or you need to move.
Faster Attacks: 31% more damage with LMP/GMP, 34% more without. If also Haste, 28%/30%. Not calculating Vaal Haste or Generous Haste. Very strong if not multi-proj as minions can shift targets faster.
Minion Damage: 23% more damage with LMP/GMP, 26% more without.

PPAD: 40% more damage if going physical.
Added Fire: if going physical, 24% more damage; it is less because we're already assuming 69% added as cold due to Hatred. 38% more if also using WED, but 17% more if using WED and Physical to Lightning.
Physical to Lightning: for physical, 21% more damage without WED, 47% more with WED.

So for elemental we'd be looking at Trap + Multiple Traps (+LMP?) + WED (+IncDur?) (+FA) (+MD), in that order.

In both cases, perhaps a CoH + Elemental Weakness + Projectile Weakness with Elemental Equilibrium is a good idea? Dealing fire for physical or cold for elemental.

A few notes:

- As exposed a few pages back, GGG has a hard cap on clone attack speed. For that reason, FA/Haste is almost never useful, and you can hit the cap with virtually any bow with a little more than the minion aspd% on the tree + high level/qual Flesh Offering. With Glare, for instance, you can get away with just the tree aspd%.

- Minion Damage as a support relies heavily on how much minion damage you have from gem levels (as the highest source) and the tree (secondarily highest source). At low level, MD is extremely strong. Later on, it's very replaceable.

- Increased Duration is indeed fairly useless. The packs die in the "standard" 10 volleys you get out of a 5.7 duration.

- EE is, in my opinion, strictly the best way to scale this build since you don't need to alternate skills (the player reduces resists, the clones don't reset it). Its strength depends entirely on if you are able to keep them as dual-element attackers and yourself as a single-element attacker separately.

- Related to that, Elemental seems to be the best way to scale the build. I'm sure it could do work with a mirror phys bow (freeing up mana reservation requirements and the tree), but for the average player without access to a bow like that, there just aren't enough physical sources or ipd% sources (and +flat pd doesn't help outside of the bow/quiver).
The concern with Elemental is that, if ASpeed is capped as you say, and eventually you corrupt projectiles onto bow and quiver, it isn't very clear what you'd use as a 6th link (and 5th link is a weak Minion Damage). Very first-world problems, I know, but I see the "ultimate" of this build going physical, with Hatred and P2L and WED providing more than enough elemental for EE to play with (17.3% phys, 44.4% lightning, 38.3% cold).

Hopefully they do something about supporting higher clone attack speeds. It feels totally arbitrary that it doesn't work as one would expect.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 3, 2015, 1:22:22 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
It feels totally arbitrary that it doesn't work as one would expect.

Yeah, it's unlike any other build I've played.

I'm convinced the hard cap is accidental (doesn't exist anywhere else in the game), but not sure how to get dev attention on the issue.
I already PMd Mark_GGG.

Edit: ran the maths assuming perfect gear. Physical scaling outperformed in purely elemental damage by about 37% using just Hatred for auras, compared to Anger + Wrath.

Physical scaling max values
1416-2918 Physical per hit
4075-8400 Lightning per hit
3430-7071 Cold per hit

Elemental scaling max values
214-644 Physical per hit
2882-4910 Fire per hit
593-8338 Lightning per hit

If attack speed mattered it would be a different story, since PPAD's drawback would actually matter and elemental wouldn't be limited to 5L (assumed additional arrow corruptions). Physical would then be roughly 1.37*0.9=1.24, versus 1.34 for elemental; if physical then ran Haste to also have two auras, the two would be about even. As it stands now, if you're planning on going all the way with this build, you should plan an eventual transition to physical scaling.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 3, 2015, 4:24:41 AM
Hi Op, Im doing your build using the Infractem with Drillneck, alpha's.

Im planing to use split + coh + elemental weakness + Projectile, flat fire dmg to Trigger EE
Wrath + hatred + generosity in alpha's

Do u have any suggestion on Aura combination? fire+light / ice+light / ice+fire ??
How about curses?

Ty
"
kongyuyu wrote:

Do u have any suggestion on Aura combination? fire+light / ice+light / ice+fire ??
How about curses?

I'd say Hatred is a must as it scales with your base phys damage which is pretty high and then either Anger or Wrath depending on which of the 2 elements you want to EE.

For curses you want Elemental Weakness and/or Projectile Weakness. Although I think that PW is best used with infractem.

I am experimenting with dual cursing EW and Temp. Chain, this also seems to be viable
Last option would be to have EW and an additional elemental curse, although that might be overkill considering EE

Char Progression on my Side:

I've now also changed to self-casting everything. While it is much more convenient to just CWDT all the utility spells, survivability really suffered from it.
I am not running Haste anymore, eversince we found out there is an attack speed cap, so just 2 Auras are serving me just fine. Due to that I was able to free up alot of points around the shadow area.
I've taken all of the -% Mana Cost nodes which increase mana and life, putting my two 5L arrow skills at 37 and 47 mana per cast.
I am still using Immortal Flesh. However, now that I have 200+ mana unreserved just sitting there, I think I might be fine with just ~31 mana/sec regen when not using it. (Currently testing that)

I've got most of the important nodes done now at level 68 and it's mainly grabbing additional life, some minion nodes and the second curse from now on.
The second curse will be so RoA can dual curse while also applying EE.
Major problem with Chin Sol: I had to grap every possible dex node around templar/witch, however, it is super convenient with EE

Final tree:
Here

Current Gear:

PS: Yaay

Last edited by ragbasti on Mar 8, 2015, 8:41:44 AM
"
ragbasti wrote:
I'd say Hatred is a must as it scales with your base phys damage which is pretty high and then either Anger or Wrath depending on which of the 2 elements you want to EE.

Hi ty for your post,
but based on my calculation, hatred is no better than anger,
Since the minion only use the bow quilver, and not passives. there are limited ways to boost the physical dmg.
If just with the bow,
18lvl hatred 35% phy -> cold. where the bow is roughly 220 dph, which gives 77 cold dph
18lvl anger 67-111 fire, which gives around 90 cold dph

If i was wrong, can you point out my mistake?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info