[1.3]KuteKitteh's Tanky Incinerate, +100k DPS. Fast clear, affordable, Atziri viable!

The build has been modified and updated for 2.0: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1312793

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Check out my new Atziri run clip here! http://youtu.be/pR6xXWWJo6Y

Tanking a 16k damage smash like it's no big deal - #justKuteKittehthings

How tanky is tanky?
Spoiler
TANK ONE FOR SCIENCE!!1... or two... or three lol
http://youtu.be/YNGduxmb_w0 (Towershield)
http://youtu.be/6bArW_k7C_E (RoTP)

Yes, I facetanked a level 74 Vaal smash (6.5-8k phys + 6.5-8k fire, total of 13-16k damage). I didn't use any flasks!

Preface
Spoiler
Although block is still a viable form of boosting eHP, I decided against it and instead designed a sponge build - one that was capable of sustaining and recovering a large amount of damage. This is a more DPS-focused build that tries to eliminate threats quickly instead of being able to sustain infinite damage. Sure, it's not as effective. But I can say that it's kinda more fun to be honest.

WAIT BUT YOU SAID A DEAD WITCH DEALS 0 DPS!!!

It's not a glass cannon build. It has a ton of leeway for stacking HP on HP, and a tank-focused version of this build can easily run 6k HP + MoM with a minor cost to DPS. If I dropped my DPS to the ~80k area, the build would be able to resist single hits of 8k+ damage. I channeled more points into DPS so I run anywhere from 110-150k DPS depending on the offhand item, so at best I can resist a hit of 6-7k damage. Regardless, that's still pretty tough for a DPS-focused build, so it's not a risky glass cannon build.

Feedback & testimonials
Spoiler
If you're enjoying the build, please leave some feedback, it helps!

"
One of the cheapest atziri builds I've played. Managed to solo atziri at lv 80 with only a 4L CoD and Saffels, along with a bunch of mediocre selffound rares. Very solid build.
"
blekotacz wrote:
So my first try first kill Atziri with this build. Love it!

It had Tabula Rasa until lv 77 where i get my hands on 5l Cload of Defiance and my survivebility went true the roof. Plus its rly easy to level this build.
"
Djolonator wrote:
I just want to point out this great build, since i killed Atziri from first try in my life with 3 deaths. You can guess that i mostly YOLOed while rapidly consuming flasks, but this build in its awesomeness still enabled me to killed her :)
"
azuazu wrote:
using this in bloodlines, at 78 atm, Its going good, physical hits still chunk my hp pool quite a bit, but hopefully thats solved once i get me a 5L cloak of defiance. got into 70+ maps today and its quite a blast, survives easily due everything melting before they get to you and even if something gets to you, pop a granite.
"
298632 wrote:
Im loving this build, thanks a lot
"
Conqueror88 wrote:
All boss maps are pretty easy, even a jungle one. Overall a good,stable, calm and cheap build. Thank you.
"
slowdecay wrote:
Just wanted to say this build is freaking amazing so far! I'm definitely having tons of fun with this. :)
"
Kieds wrote:
Thanks for the build dude,I respected my old max block incinerator with no issues :D
"
ansizf wrote:
Wow, this is a great build. Nice and tanky for sure! I respeced by crit ice-spear witch into your build and so far I'm super happy with my decision. I really felt like I had hit a wall with my crit ice-spear build, especially with the crit nerf I just wasn't able to do the DPS I needed for the squishiness. With this build so far my witch has become fun again!
"
RamziKhoury wrote:
By the way people who doubt this build you will really feel its power when you get all the stuff it needs and i can't say more than it's amazing... didn't try aziri yet but hopefully soon...

good luck all and thanks to KUTEKITTY for this lovely enjoyable awesome superburger build.
"
Darkendsouls wrote:
nice build, using ur skill tree and gear i literally had laying around in my stash running dual doriyanis i was able to hit 7.6k dps with gmp. have a bit low life, at 4.7k atm but i still got the rest of the wheel to go by the scion, im lvl 90 atm almost 91, still gotta change my bandit rewards though so ill be able to get more dps as well. all in all im able to do 78 maps comfortably
"
stanexile wrote:
Thank you KuteKitteh for this build. Resetted my 88 lvl Witch to your Incinerate. Spent like 10ex to buy the parts i needed and for everyone out there if you are patient you can get top items in low price ( ex. perfect Catalyst 100 % elemental for 2 ex , Cloak of Defiance 5L for 2ex etc. ). The build is pretty solid and fun to play. My stats are 79% all res , 57 % chaos res , 5.1k hp , 3.5k mana and 6k paper dps on Incinerate. If you have some spare currency you should deffinately try this build. Thank you again KuteKitteh.
"
yissus wrote:
its a super fun cheap and safe build!!!!
"
bmadfsh wrote:
Been playing this build out and it's AMAZING
"
lumosnox1 wrote:
hey ya! just wanna say this built is awesome! im a lvl 90 witch respeced from arc and i have to say the dps is just great! nvr have i been able to do so many different type of map mods :D

currently :4.9k hp 1.29k unreserved mana and tooltip dps is 7.9k. Will break 8k when my heralds and ACD reach lvl 20 :D cheers
"
Kharantir wrote:
Thx for build - it's really awesome
lvl 87 with 4.7khp and not levelled gems - able to tank residence domi Touch
"
Anonimo wrote:
Im currently leveling as this build and loving it :D
"
OVRZLS wrote:
I would like to thank you I was getting bored of not being able to run higher lvl maps with my toons.I found this build and was instantly doin better than I have ever befor. I am currently close to all your stats and most maps I have run havent been an issue. This build is amazing ans I wish I had found your post sooner in the season even with a 4 link I was destroying stuff as I lvld. I am so glad you posted this and relly appreciate it.
"
alanlee222 wrote:
Holy crap thank you so much for this. I just started playing again after nearly a year and have been trying to figure out how to make my incin work again. You've totally helped me out. Now to just find a 6l legacy CoD :)
"
o_osuper wrote:
Sweet build, really tanky
"
zeldicx wrote:
Congratz for the build KuteKitteh, its awsome!

Build Highlights
Spoiler
-Eldritch Battery, Mind over Matter
-+197% HP at lvl90
-Immunity to elemental reflect
-50-150k DPS (vaporize everything!)
-Arctic Armor + Inner Force
-Superb build flexibility/options
-Deals 4 damage types

Videos
Spoiler
Scepter/Saffell: http://youtu.be/pR6xXWWJo6Y
New Atziri run video! This time I brought flasks so it's super streamlined. Sorry for lack of sound, I run Atziri without sound because it's distracting.

Scepter/Towershield: http://youtu.be/FQ-IBlODxD0
Jungle Valley + 75% fire resist + Vulnerability. You can see that the DPS hardly drops against max fire res enemies, and my health doesn't care about vulnerability despite all the phys damage going around.

Scepter/Towershield: http://youtu.be/3ScsjNrs11A
Clearing a 74 Zana daily, noticed it was fracture and decided to record it. You can see how resistant the build is against damage on a practical level. Boss kill is around 2:32-2:42.

Dual Scepter: http://youtu.be/BYP-N_313c8
I was obviously clearing it at a slow pace (not LWing, picking currency up, using the totem when it wasn't necessary, etc) but you can just see how fast the incinerate kills stuff. The DPS is over 150k with dual scepters.

Dual Scepter: http://youtu.be/IJUTTR0uMGs Skip to 2:20.
"Can it kill Shock and Horror?" Yes. In a few seconds, as a matter of fact, and without a Saffell too. Honestly I should have brought a Saffell and a Topaz so I could have just facetanked the laser.

Scepter/Towershield: http://youtu.be/zZEVzWtrf10
A3M Dominus - DPS demonstration using 118k DPS setup.

Scepter/Towershield: http://youtu.be/u-bgN3rrgyE
1.60 second Piety kill using 118k DPS setup.

More videos coming soon.

Pros and Cons
Spoiler
Pros:
-Tons of DPS = super fast clear speed
-Immune to elemental reflect
-High HP pool + MoM for sponging all that damage
-Deal Fire, Cold, Lightning, and Chaos damage, whooo
-Can be built in under 10 exalts
-Very easy to use, extremely flexible building
-Instashock with the Elementalist node for a free 50% more DPS
-Atziri-viable
-No "brick wall" at end-game

Cons:
-No block. Boo Hoo.
-Not invincible. Boo Hoo.
-Has to care about map mods (e.g. -maxres)
-Needs staunching flask for corrupting blood enemies!

Stats
Spoiler
Low DPS setup
Spoiler
6k HP. Yea, that's right.

Medium DPS setup - this one is my favorite, I use this all the time
Spoiler

(You can tell I worked very, very hard on that chaos res! 53% is not easy.)

Sometimes I use my Dory-Saffell setup, which works pretty well against spell-heavy bosses. Sometimes, I just go glass cannon and use dual dory + damage amulet setup, which incurs a heavy defense penalty (I drop down to ~5.2k HP) but I get 160k DPS and 2% elemental leech.

Passives
Spoiler
Bandits:
N: Oak
C: Alira
M: Passive

Level 90 tree

Notes:
-Get Alacrity or Agility for the +30 dex as necessary.
-When leveling the build, prioritize the templar side - it has all the mana regen.
-Get EB as soon as possible.
-The build is viable with a Templar or shadow start.
-Instead of (or in addition to) either Nimbleness or Mental Rapidity, you can take the cast speed nodes at the Shadow start.

Gear and Items
Spoiler
Required + Recommended items

The build is much squishier without this sucker.

The geofri is invaluable since, when combined with an Empower, it can give +2 or +3 (e.g. level 23 Purity of Fire). In this build, it racks up the damage on the dual heralds significantly.

Helmet, Gloves, Boots

If I weren't using Geofri, that would be my go-to helmet. The gloves are utter trash, and the boots are one of my most prized self-found items. Generally, you want to prioritize
1. HP
2. Resists
3. ES/mana

Main/Offhand
Mainhand:

You want something that gives you damage, aka +spell/elemental damage and +cast speed. If you use a rare wand, +projectilespeed is a nice bonus.

Offhand:

You can either use another mainhand weapon for more DPS, or stick with a shield. If you use a shield, you have 3 options:
-High-armor/hp shield (e.g. Lioneye's Remorse)
-Saffell's Frame (for elemental damage)
-Rathpith Globe (For more offense + high mana pool)

You can also use a rare spell damage ES shield.

Jewelry
I've been switching between a lot of rings and amulets and trying to find a good combination to settle on. My current pool is:

Generally, you want:
-Life
-Mana regen
-Resists

Bonuses are:
-Spell/cast on amulet
-Chaos resist (if you can stack a bunch!)
-Mana/ES
-Dexterity (allows you to drop the +30 dex nodes)

Flasks

The 1234 is my panic button. When I drop below 2k HP, I hit all 4 to give a massive boost to mana, life recovery, life leech, and block. I use them individually depending on the need.

Usually you want at least one Atziri's Promise and one mana flask. The 3 others can be whatever you want - life flasks, granite flasks, resistance flasks, etc.

Gems
Spoiler

Important: quality on gems information!!
What gems should I quality?

1. Incinerate. Q20 on Incinerate gives +40% projectile speed, which is a HUGE bonus to clear times.
2. Faster Casting and GMP. Q20 on each of these gives +10% cast speed, for a total of +20% cast speed.

Nothing else gives a huge Q advantage that's a must-have.

Incinerate:
1. GMP
2. Spell Echo
3. Faster Casting
4. Added Chaos OR Faster Projectiles

This is the damage dealer. We prioritize the amount of times we can hit the enemy so we leave added chaos to the 5th gem. I would make the 6th gem mana/life leech or some utility gem, since this setup gives enough DPS.

For the Heralds, you have a few options. Pick one of the following depending on whether or not you have a Geofri's Crest.
Geofri
Geofri's:
Herald of Ice
Herald of Thunder
Empower
Reduced Mana
+
2-link:
Clarity
Reduced Mana

OR

Geofri 4-link
Herald of Ice
Herald of Thunder
Clarity
Reduced Mana

No Geofri
Generic 4-link:
Herald of Ice
Herald of Thunder
Clarity
Reduced Mana

CWDT:
Enduring Cry
Immortal Call
Optional: Increased Duration

Others:
Arctic Armor
Elemental Weakness and/or Warlord's Mark
Lightning Warp + Reduced Duration

This is the basic cookie-cutter spellcaster kit - a defensive buff via AA, an offensive curse via EW, and a mobility skill via LW.

Optional Setups:

Flame totem + GMP + FC + Blind

Spell totem + Arc + FC + Ele Prolif (OR slot on Doryani)

CWDT + Warlord's mark (This one saves me a lot, strongly recommend)

CWDT + Ball Lightning OR Arctic Breath + Blind (+ GMP)

Molten Shell + Increased Duration (Possibly on CWDT)

Atziri Version
Spoiler
Generic Gear setup

Vaals
Use a Saffell's Frame, and keep a Topaz Flask on you.

Trio
If you have trouble on the trio, boost your armor! You have 3 ways:
1. Use a Granite Flask of Iron Skin
2. Use Molten Shell + Increased Duration on CWDT. This helps mitigate phys damage quite a bit!
3. Use a high armor/evasion shield like this:

Also use a Blind/slow setup like this to help you facetank:

I also cheat and swap in a chaos resist ring. When combined with Purity of Flesh, Geofri's Crest, and my other chaos resist gear, this brings my chaos res to 53%.

The order of the kills is:
1. Dual Striker
2. Rainmaker
3. Cycloner

OR

1. Cycloner
2. Dual Striker
3. Rainmaker

Somehow, the dual striker now uses Vengeance, so he will instarip you if you leave him last, so DO NOT LEAVE HIM LAST. It's a little hard to kill the rainmaker before the two meleers, so chaos res is important for you to maneuver around them and get to her second. The Cycloner is honestly the least harmful when left for last as long as you have some nice staunching flasks to counter his 8-stack bleeds and chaos res + Atziri's Promise to counter his chaos damage trails. If you follow the first order, you need at least 2 staunching flasks. If you follow the second order, you need a LOT of armor via granite flask or Molten Shell on CWDT.

Atziri
I transfer EW to a spell totem, which is a huge convenience bonus. I literally kill her split phases in 3 seconds in a 2-man party where her HP is doubled, and it normally takes me about 2 seconds solo if I don't run the EW totem. I also use Saffell, which is a must. As for gem setups, I unequip everything except for the auras, Incinerate, an EW spell totem, and AA. I used to run an elaborate CWDT + Devouring totem + Desecrate setup, I would recommend that if you're a little low on the survivability side because of the great recovery it provides.

These are my flasks. Life, Mana, Leech, Topaz, and Ruby.

Feel free to ask any questions. Feedback is always welcome, it helps!
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
Last edited by KuteKitteh on Jul 14, 2015, 1:38:05 PM
Not a bad guide. I tried your tanky arc'er build and had moderate success, although i still die often due to certain map bosses. I've been stuck at level 86 for a while with it. I'll try this one out eventually.
yeah i try it now xD
Very nice build i've tried it (i'm level 51 missing a few gems and a 5L) and I like both the damage and the survability
Hello, this is my 1st time not making marad so im wondering if you could make a tree based on lvls from witch, (i mean nodes per level) side because i got no clue where to get 1st etc.
Thanks.

PS: You lose 6% on spell dmg starting as templar or is it a way to get it somehow?
Last edited by DjNanos on Dec 13, 2014, 6:00:44 AM
What are the lvl of the CWDT setup you recommend?
You forgot to mention in pros and cons that this build is VERY EXPENSIVE
"
RamziKhoury wrote:
You forgot to mention in pros and cons that this build is VERY EXPENSIVE

Not really, only catalyst is expensive (more than an ex). It's not cheap, but it in affordable.
So whats an alternative to catalyst while i get a hand on it. I already have chest and can afford helmet
and can i use cybil's paw or useless?
Last edited by RamziKhoury on Dec 13, 2014, 10:47:05 AM
"
RamziKhoury wrote:
So whats an alternative to catalyst while i get a hand on it. I already have chest and can afford helmet
and can i use cybil's paw or useless?

Use one or two rare wand/shield if you can't afford Catalyst and Saffel or Rathpith. You will loose some DPS and leech, but it will work.

Cybil's pawn is useless, yes. It's strange they didn't buff this unique will nerfing the shields. It's completly useless now...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info