Questions about a self-igniting build, I'm lost.

So I got some items thinking I knew how to do the build but then I realized I was clueless.

Basically I wanna stay ignited constantly while I'm attacking and take advantage of all the buffs from being ignited the gear I got gives me.

Here is the gear I have and some of the gems I plan on using:

Gear:

Spoiler

Gems:

Spoiler

I was gonna try to keep myself cursed with Punishment to reflect the small amount of physical damage from Meginord's Girdle. I wanted to do this because I believe it will keep me ignited when dealing damage to enemies based on what my chance to ignite and my chance to be ignited would be at.

If I am wrong about this, let me know. Also, some questions I have are;

- Does the damage I do to myself from Punishment count as if I was attacking myself? (with all my other offensive stats, like chance to ignite)

- What should I keep my fire resist at for this build?

- The buffs from the two rings stack I believe. Is this true?

- What class is best for this build? or what passives should I get for the most damage output while maintaining my life so I don't die and what are the best gems to use?

I'd really like to use Spectral Throw for this build to keep myself ranged, if that is possible.

Thanks for any guidance or advice.
Designer of Unending Hunger and The Craving divination card.
Last edited by FriendlyGamerGuy on Dec 10, 2014, 2:40:25 PM
"
I was gonna try to keep myself cursed with Punishment to reflect the small amount of physical damage from Meginord's Girdle. I wanted to do this because I believe it will keep me ignited when dealing damage to enemies based on what my chance to ignite and my chance to be ignited would be at.

If I am wrong about this, let me know.

You are, reflected damage can't cause any additional effects, it's just damage.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"

If I am wrong about this, let me know.

You are, reflected damage can't cause any additional effects, it's just damage.

What about the physical damage taken from crown of thorns? can that ignite my character when combined with cloak of flame?
With just the Oro's Sacrifice, two rings, and chance to ignite you can reach 90% chance to ignite which is good enough. The phys from Meginords only works if you convert it with a melee based conversion skill(Molten strike or Infernal blow) + Avatar of fire.

Here is a sample tree for use with 1.3 offline tree builder.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUATwRDyFugp1V8Dmjy8B-iAOFzBLPtIMBmV-KCm3fl7DgnL5BVGjjAGmaecYVZ8_rSVynzEayqFy8dFBZvRtexQnKpZOcksK-NJKrjavcyxPZV1kKjNunqGHzZPQ8n7YCkGmx2rBzOBg6drs9-K1DUfKcIEmkNzQn22CQXHP5UNsVxeR8CBAcyNOvkg9tMs6-3XypVxi0fh2U6WJUgrJhrF8Hz8Wy86qKjgh422CGwwFR_xtsLSRs09wj0akMRliqNl4UOSAce7FUulF3ylS6dY_DV5Y5JUaSxjDZVS2HiJpUWvw==
Last edited by DarkHeart69 on Dec 10, 2014, 3:00:10 PM
No, that won't be converted to fire, the item is the source of damage, not you.

"
raics wrote:
No, that won't be converted to fire, the item is the source of damage, not you.

Any advice on how to keep myself ignited then?

or?

"
DarkHeart69 wrote:
With just the Oro's Sacrifice, two rings, and chance to ignite you can reach 90% chance to ignite which is good enough. The phys from Meginords only works if you convert it with a melee based conversion skill(Molten strike or Infernal blow) + Avatar of fire.

Here is a sample tree for use with 1.3 offline tree builder.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUATwRDyFugp1V8Dmjy8B-iAOFzBLPtIMBmV-KCm3fl7DgnL5BVGjjAGmaecYVZ8_rSVynzEayqFy8dFBZvRtexQnKpZOcksK-NJKrjavcyxPZV1kKjNunqGHzZPQ8n7YCkGmx2rBzOBg6drs9-K1DUfKcIEmkNzQn22CQXHP5UNsVxeR8CBAcyNOvkg9tMs6-3XypVxi0fh2U6WJUgrJhrF8Hz8Wy86qKjgh422CGwwFR_xtsLSRs09wj0akMRliqNl4UOSAce7FUulF3ylS6dY_DV5Y5JUaSxjDZVS2HiJpUWvw==

Just saw your post, how does the chance to ignite help me keep myself ignited to benefit from the rings?

Or were you making a different point?

Also, i will check out the build you linked
Last edited by FriendlyGamerGuy on Dec 10, 2014, 3:02:19 PM
PS.. RF is the only way to reliably ignite yourself and yes it counts I've already tested it.
I don't think it's possible to force it at all, you'll need enemies that do fire damage, I guess.

"
DarkHeart69 wrote:
PS.. RF is the only way to reliably ignite yourself and yes it counts I've already tested it.

RF doesn't ignite you.

Last edited by raics on Dec 10, 2014, 3:04:16 PM
"
DarkHeart69 wrote:

That's great but I can't afford a rise of the pheonix lol.

Umm... what are my options then for keeping ignited? if any?

"
raics wrote:
I don't think it's possible to force it at all, you'll need enemies that do fire damage, I guess.

Cloak of Flame won't help me be ignited more by converting enemy physical damage to fire damage?
Last edited by FriendlyGamerGuy on Dec 10, 2014, 3:05:44 PM
"
Cloak of Flame won't help me be ignited more by converting enemy physical damage to fire damage?

Yeah, that should work, not as good as inducing it yourself but it will probably be reliable enough. Give it a shot.

Last edited by raics on Dec 10, 2014, 3:11:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info