[1.3] POTCG DomBlow

Just rendering the video of a 74 Gorge run now. I think it's a good example of when you have kind of "meh" mobs at your disposal. It was a Sea Witch map. So I really didn't have anything exciting or powerful to dominate - though the sheer # of Sea Witches is kind of fun, too. The boss, especially, was a little slow, with only 30ish Sea Witches left to fight him with me.

That's how the build goes, though! Sometimes I don't even notice the boss because a group of bone rhoas and a frenzy aura rare kill it before I can spot it. And sometimes I have to basically solo the thing, slowly pummeling it with my staff until it dies.
So if you were to get a 6 link for your Dominating Blow, would you considering adding a Blood Magic gem and adding in Hatred/Herald of Ash? It would be a pretty substational damage buff.

Also I've been playing around with Astramentis on my Dominating Blow POTCG character, and with Alberons/800 strength the Astramentis outpreforms a 12-13 phys damage amulet by about 500 DPS.

Also if you want some reference, this is my gear.

Spoiler

And the test amulet was;
Last edited by VGPat on Jan 15, 2015, 12:19:08 AM
Re: 6L...

Personally, I'd probably just add Faster Attacks. Herald of Ash is pretty "meh" since it does nothing for my minions, and Hatred with no Radius nodes is going to be constantly falling off my minions, where as an extra gem automatically links up to every dominated minion. If I were to go the aura route, I'd probably grab Hatred/Determination. I'd say two auras will come out on top over an extra dps gem, but I *really* wanted to use the node on the tree, and I'm just completely done with auras at this point. Every build has auras. They are good, but I'd rather not use them, personally. It also gives me an extra 4L, and I wouldn't want to drop any of my current links.

Good to know about Astamentis numbers. It's definitely a great option. That attack speed from dex is pretty great. I just can't afford to lose the resistance, personally. My current has two T1 resist rolls. In a perfect world, I'd still probably take a necklace with T1 Phys, T1 Str and T1 Life.

Your gear is looking pretty good! Lots of room to upgrade still, but a really solid start.
Last edited by Yordle on Jan 15, 2015, 1:38:05 AM
Taking a break from this character to focus on other, new builds.
Last edited by Yordle on Jan 31, 2015, 1:48:35 AM
This looks very hard core viable. Any takers on that statement?
"Your grandchildren will awaken screaming in memory of what I utter today!"
- Path of Exile, Legacy Whispers of Doom Keystone
"
NaarJitsu wrote:
This looks very hard core viable. Any takers on that statement?

I'm gonna try it on a lvl 50 marauder that I'll respec. If I survive and/or remember that I posted in this thread I will be back in this thread.

Also, Thank you for this guide, it looks hillarious!
Lvl70 atm @ Bloodlines no problem so far. You have to avoid the Herald of Obelisk.
I would recommend to anyone on HC to use the new %str helm over Abyssus on HC. It should give you a decent amount of damage still but without that drawback, you should be a lot safer.
Level 28, RT and Blood Aquired.

Dude it's just the most fun im having,
i had srs build and summoner build... 15srs? 8 zombies? or
40-70 DomBlow Army ? you choose... :)

One thing i noticed..

The monster i Dom ...doesnt drop loot... So the only loot ill get is from Bosses or things my Army kills...

Question!!!

If i enter a Zone... dominate alot of mobs and go to town... and enter a portal.. will my army still be there ?

This week end i will work alot on this build...

Sucks PVP is going on alot... so the Belt is so expensive.... =/
I've made a build on the same mechanics on Beyond league (quite sad it's not only my idea :)). But thats cool someone post a guide. Its very fun and pretty strong build!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info