Does "30% less block chance" applies to spell block chance too?

Yes/no?
IGN @Ostropalca
Last edited by Evantis on Dec 8, 2014, 9:16:37 AM
Not Directly. Block is one think, spell block is other, so you won't lose 30% spell block. If you have any unique applying xx% of block as spell block it will get reduced too in the end, since you have less block to the % conversion.
Huh?
Lets say you have 75% block now and "33% of block as spell block" = 25% spell block.

After the change you'll have 53% block and 33% of that as spell block = 17% spell block.
How about passives like Mind Barrier "5% additional chance to Block Spells with shields" (Witch area)? It is not connected with standard (attack) block chance. Would it still give 5% block, or 5% * 70% = 3,5% chance to block spells?

How about spell block of

IGN @Ostropalca
Last edited by Evantis on Dec 8, 2014, 9:54:11 AM
"
Evantis wrote:
How about passives like Mind Barrier "5% additional chance to Block Spells with shields" (Witch area)? It is not connected with standard (attack) block chance. Would it still give 5% block, or 5% * 70% = 3,5% chance to block spells?

How about spell block of

The chance to block spell is fixed, nothing will happend.
But redarding the block chance it should lower to minimum.
They fucked up this unique with the change, this shows they clearly dont think much when they do skill tree changes.
This quiver was intended to use with acrobatics, but now it doesnt.
"
Darion88 wrote:
"
Evantis wrote:

How about spell block of

They fucked up this unique with the change, this shows they clearly dont think much when they do skill tree changes.

if you use that quiver to get 21% block chance, acrobatics will lower it to 15%, not 0.

learn mechanics, ty.
"
Evantis wrote:
Yes/no?

No.
GGG's wording is "literal".
30% less block chance would affect normal block only.

Same as (for example) Cybil's Paw property "increased spell damage per 5% block chance" doesn't take spell block into account.

But (as been pointed above) it will have indirect effect on spellblock for those (only) who scale it from attack block (with uniques like Stone of Lazhwar, Rainbowstrides etc).

Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
"
Therealshotzz wrote:

if you use that quiver to get 21% block chance, acrobatics will lower it to 15%, not 0.

learn mechanics, ty.

I repeat

"
Darion88 wrote:

Learn to read, ty.
'it should lower to minimum', if my english isnt totally retarded then that means that the block chance will be 0%?

write it more clearly the next time, thanks.
edit: irrelevant spoiler as I forgot I took 2% spell block on my way to mind barrier, so acro as Mark posted further down does indeed reduce spell block too from sources that provide a flat bonus.
Spoiler
spell block from stuff like mind barrier wont be affected by acrobatics. If it is, it will say 30% less block and spell block.

Spoiler
I also tested that on alpha and the stat sheet sais that there is no reduction to spell block
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Last edited by andkamen on Dec 8, 2014, 6:22:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info