Why this one week was a let down for me (Early Closed Beta Player)

I have been away for quite some time, only returning to the game recently and I have to say that playing through the 1 week race this time around was not nearly as captivating as a few of the one weeks that I have played in the past.

I think the single largest problem stemmed from the fact that outside of the top 5 there was literally NO competition, just look at the ladder skew. I understand that GGG doesn't want people to go overboard and hurt themselves by playing for extraneous amounts of time but there needs to be some kind of drive and randomly drawn prizes completely missed the mark. Had there been a top 10 top 25 top 50 etcetera prize tier list it would have made the race a hell of a lot more fun and interesting.

Perhaps if running a 1 week as competitive as they used to be is an impossibility now, but I just feel so disappointment by the lack of competition in this one.
This particular race was not really intended to be competitive. It was intended to be broadly accessible and give people something fun to do between leagues. I realise that this may not be a particularly satisfying response, but there you go.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Dec 8, 2014, 12:34:36 AM
Its a competition yes, what better way for poe streamers to gain followers and keep them other then playing an obscene amount without sleeping, besides its -top 5- so in the end its only going to be 1 of the few groups of high end players that are going to be in it anyway.

Yes they need to up the prize pool count just to include EVERYBODY not just those who can nolife the shit out of the game.
**Iv said it once ill say it again if someone doesnt have a peice of gear that went legacy you _____________________________clearly didnt want to play the build at the time it was OP.**__________________
"
xRoque wrote:
Its a competition yes, what better way for poe streamers to gain followers and keep them other then playing an obscene amount without sleeping, besides its -top 5- so in the end its only going to be 1 of the few groups of high end players that are going to be in it anyway.

Yes they need to up the prize pool count just to include EVERYBODY not just those who can nolife the shit out of the game.

I dont feel that it should include everybody. You can get top 500 even in the closed beta race with like 20 hours played.
"
xRoque wrote:

Yes they need to up the prize pool count

"
In total, 490 players received 900 stash tabs and 1080 separate microtransactions between them.

How much more do you want?
You've taken part in one of GGG's human behavior experiments. There's more to science than random prizes. Thank you for participating!
The "race" was intended to keep as many people playing and attached to the game in the lull between leagues as possible. There wouldn't have been nearly as many participants if they only awarded prizes to the top nolifers.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
I was disapointed but that was mostly due to the RNG aspect of it being a long race, i hit 70 on day 1, didn't like the spec. rerolled, got 80 on the new char on day 2, mapped for 2 days while spending literally 10 times as much currency rolling maps as i do in leagues and got absolutely no maps, i had no chance to catch up with the top 5. if it was not as rng dependent the top 200 would look very different.

Oh, and obviously got no rewards for the effort.
Last edited by Eleziel on Dec 8, 2014, 1:33:56 AM
"
Hodari wrote:
"
xRoque wrote:

Yes they need to up the prize pool count

"
In total, 490 players received 900 stash tabs and 1080 separate microtransactions between them.

How much more do you want?

Tbh i never looked into this race so i was going off of the OPs comments, that does sound like alot of rewards were handed out so im not sure what this guy is on about.
**Iv said it once ill say it again if someone doesnt have a peice of gear that went legacy you _____________________________clearly didnt want to play the build at the time it was OP.**__________________
Just pointing out there wasn't a single 1 week solo race so far -.-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info