What is "good" dps?

My 54 hardcore ranger is up to 610 dps with her 5 frenzy charges. When I fight things in merciless she mows through stuff fast but being that she is hardcore I have invested a lot of points in life that could have been put into dps and she is only level 54 so I am just kind of wondering what other peoples DPS looks like.

Some of you high level softcore people have to be pushing 1000-1500 dps I would imagine right?
Softcore(default) A quiet night at home with some lotion and some internet p0rn.

Hardcore a series of wild one night stands with any hot trashy girl you can find(no protection!)

One is safe and boring the other is adrenaline filled and exciting and might kill you!

Dont be safe and boring.
Last edited by LSUfootball on Oct 28, 2011, 11:12:50 AM
My ranger has about 1.1k dps with frenzy charges. Thats pretty good, but by now there should be better.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
There is a 70 Duelist named Garrison that literally has 40,000 dps lol
If we're talking single target my melee witch (HC) has around 3k dps @ lvl 51 but needless to say she's kinda squishy (yay for granite flask :)).

My AoE dps is just around 600 with cleave (dual wield) I believe. I'm not sure how the correct calculation for that is to be honest.

Edit: Either way I don't think you should focus too much on numbers as long as you manage to progress. Play styles will vary anyway and the best dps isn't necessarily the best (or most fun) build to play.
Last edited by tokiih on Feb 19, 2012, 2:47:35 PM
Hard to say for me as elemental hit damage isn't added, I've had crits 1 shot 6 man chaos rares, so needles to say I don't really need any more DPS currently. I only have 4 link atm, so looking forward to how it changes when I get a bit more links.

But overall it's fairly uninteresting to look at DPS in isolation. Cleave for example is completely inferior to multiple projectile builds, both for hitting as many targets as possible with as little effort as possible, but also due to multiple projectile builds staying outside of melee range.
my ranger does 2150 dps with full frenzy at lvl 67. my bow is a 125 ed 397 top end storm bow so im doing good dps but i know theres some with better dps out there no doubt
my dagger ranger is pushing over 5k.. and thats with item quantity in the lightning strike. with elemental damage it shoots up to 7.7k
Come by my stream! I answer questions about builds and just general useful information!

http://www.twitch.tv/namtro
Last edited by Paleshape on Feb 19, 2012, 5:56:22 PM
over 9000
IGN Crakk
"
There is a 70 Duelist named Garrison that literally has 40,000 dps lol

OP's post was 5 months ago lol
IgN: Dolpiff (8x Elem wander). Former CB ranger.
Pm me on forums or ig if I won an auction, or to claim an item of mine you won.
My level 30 Barb has 342dps with Cleave.

You mirin? You Jelly?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info