Map Running Economy Guide

Lol,

Sorry Dealer. Here I will make it easy;

Using Fragments and Chisels will give you the same number of extra maps over time no matter what the IIQ of your maps are. So keep using them when the map value justifies it for your exchange rates.

I do appreciate the subject being brought up though as it wasn't something I was considering. It didn't change the original post, but it did add to the knowledge for the reader.

Thank you SaiyanZ
Last edited by Cragwell on Dec 8, 2014, 8:52:26 AM
If only frag farming wasn't separate of map farming. I just can't be arsed to do that shit.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
I was using a Vaal orb on a blue double map boss and ended up getting an incredibly high quantity out of it.

Unfortunately it's no longer double boss.
I really don't understand people prefer the alt/aug/regal/scour/repeat route on 77/78 maps instead of alch/chaos/chaos/chaos etc?

My alch usually gives me a good map roll first up, probably 70% of the time, and if not the chaos does, I mean I'm getting 4 mods or more instead of 3. I rarely have to use a second chaos and very rarely a third. Granted I don't often get the 'pack size' mods, but I personally don't think they help much with experience, nor map pool maintenance. I've never had any problems maintaining 77 maps (I actually sell them as I have to many). 78 maps get a bit thin now and then, but no real issue.

I guess as per the OP it depends on the build your using, ie the proportion of mods you can do compared to those you can't, so the probabilities of rolling undoable maps. My main char can handle pretty much everything except phys reflect+vulnerability combo and even then I can do it simply by swapping out my phys attack gem for an elemental based one (ie Tornado shot to Ice shot). But I still can't comprehends the amount of alts/regals needed to get three great mods.

Edit: Oh and of course I skip dual reflect maps like :-)

Last edited by cdchi1 on Dec 10, 2014, 4:01:27 PM
"
cdchi1 wrote:
I really don't understand people prefer the alt/aug/regal/scour/repeat route on 77/78 maps instead of alch/chaos/chaos/chaos etc?

My alch usually gives me a good map roll first up, probably 70% of the time, and if not the chaos does, I mean I'm getting 4 mods or more instead of 3. I rarely have to use a second chaos and very rarely a third. Granted I don't often get the 'pack size' mods, but I personally don't think they help much with experience, nor map pool maintenance. I've never had any problems maintaining 77 maps (I actually sell them as I have to many). 78 maps get a bit thin now and then, but no real issue.

I guess as per the OP it depends on the build your using, ie the proportion of mods you can do compared to those you can't, so the probabilities of rolling undoable maps. My main char can handle pretty much everything except phys reflect+vulnerability combo and even then I can do it simply by swapping out my phys attack gem for an elemental based one (ie Tornado shot to Ice shot). But I still can't comprehends the amount of alts/regals needed to get three great mods.

Edit: Oh and of course I skip dual reflect maps like :-)

Ahh ok I just realised where I've gone wrong, this guide is more about all builds you are levelling rather than just a single main character build you want to level. I'll leave my post there though as I think there are still some relevant points.
Cd,

I wrote a section on specifically why the Alt/Regal process is used. There is one mod that multiplicatively helps to keep you in the 77/78 map tier and three mods that boost your experience gain out of the 77/78 maps.

It is important to note that in 77/78 maps there are less results from Rare and Magic Monsters when it comes to gaining higher level maps. There are no higher level maps. Rare and Magic Monsters instead become about getting the most experience you can out of these higher level maps when you are at 90+ in character level.

So there are three map mods that you want on these maps and one map mod that you really want if your goal is to stay in the 77/78 map zone. That mod is "of Hordes" where all your quantity bonus is multiplied by the extra monsters that are now spawning. Your quantity of drops also improves with Magic/Rare monsters as they have more drop potential.

You can use the Map Device to take a regaled map with say 60% Quantity (after Chiseling), get 20%+ more quantity from the map device plus the three cheap Sacrifice Fragments and then use a Map Device mod like Onslaught to add 40% more. So for a cost of probably 15 Chaos you can take your 78 map and get yourself a guaranteed quantity 120% map with a base map mod of your choosing.

You, of course, can choose to just roll those maps with chaos orbs and hope for the same types of results. However, this is the logic behind the recommendation. When you are in the 77-78 map tier your goals shift and its not just about getting a good average quantity result. You want more 77+ map drops and as much experience as possible from these zones.
Last edited by Cragwell on Dec 19, 2014, 9:02:38 AM
Awesome guide, this is what i've been thinking about but what i could not systematize.
Also about the chisels. You say that map should cost ~20chisels so that you start to use them. But let's assume that you buy a map for X currency. In fact you pay X not for 100% drop but for ~130-140% min, because the currency to make it from 100 to 130-140 may be negotiated. So if before this you would spend chisel when it cost 0.05 * X, with this logic you would start to use it when it costs around
0.037 * X. That is around 27 lower than the price of a map. Which means that the level of a map to start chisel it should be even higher than what you described.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info