Path of Exile Community Designed Unique - Part 2 - Design Goal!

What should the design goal of the community designed unique be?

Provide additional effects for stacking Armor and/or Evasion
196231.36%
Provide alternate effects for Critical Strikes
99515.9%
Expand options & utility for Traps, Mines and Totems
77112.32%
Provide additional power or utility to allies and minions
5919.45%
Provide additional or alternate effects for Projectiles
193830.97%
Poll closed
Here is my unique idea so we can use an effect for AR/EV and another for projectiles:

[interesting mod for AR/EV]
50% less projectile attack speed.

Solved, :)
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
My suggestion is that the item is better the better you balance your evasion and armour values, but also that it get's better the higher those values are (to prevent just having 0 of both for perfect balance).

So maybe if having a lot more armour than evasion slowed you down and having a lot more evasion than armour decreased your health and/or ES, while having balance both increased your speed and buffed your health/ES?

My 2nd suggestion is for the item to make your armour and evasion values the same no matter what you're wearing. So it adds armour+evasion/2 and that value is your new armour and evasion values. It gives a bonus to this value if your armour and evasion are already very close. This concept is a lot simpler than my 1st suggestion.
Wish I could change my vote, out of the current contenders I'd go with AR/EVA!!!
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
I personally would like to see something for projectiles, something along the lines of working around EK that would give it a strong single target. I was thinking like projectile gems in this item damage is increased proportional to the number of projectiles that would be fired but instead it fires a single projectile.

Please not armor/evasion...that's literally the most boring choice on the list.

What makes you think that this option will be any more interesting than Queen of the Forest's stupid movespeed crap?

There's so much more room for build defining options with a Projectile or crit modifying belt.
Voting has closed now. More information coming soon!
Balance & Design
noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

;(((
Yes ARM/EV won! Hope they make two uniques though, seeing as how close they were.

PS: I was first! They just deleted my post... BASTARDS! hehe <3
RIP Diablo franchise

RIP Bird Lovers of Wraeclast <BLÔW>

Congrats Chris & others for cashing out! I don't blame you. I'll be saving money now... unless I start making a lot more. Can't wait to see if you guys start a new studio in six years! RIP GGG
"
Delfofthebla wrote:
Please not armor/evasion...that's literally the most boring choice on the list.

What makes you think that this option will be any more interesting than Queen of the Forest's stupid movespeed crap?

There's so much more room for build defining options with a Projectile or crit modifying belt.

Min Maxers are the vast majority of players now. DPS, clear cpeed and loot accumulation rates are more important to many players than variety of builds. I would love to see a game with no visible numbers at all for the players other than the character levels and attribute stats. We all had a chance to vote, and because of that, I can accept the result.

GGG can still give it an interesting and fun new mechanic. Here would be my suggestion for an Armor/Evasion boosting mechanic belt for variety:

Maybe a % chance that Evasion rolls are lucky dependent on number of active charges, or chance for armor to mitigate non-physical damage based on number of active charges?

For the sake of illustration - let's say 5% chance per charge for evasion roll to get lucky. So a player with 5 charges would have a 25% chance to get 2 evasion rolls and take the better of the two.

The same player with 5 charges would have a 25% chance for their armor to reduce an elemental/chaos hit. I have no idea how GGG should balance that out so it's something worth having, without making things too easy.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
DalaiLama wrote:
Min Maxers are the vast majority of players now. DPS, clear cpeed and loot accumulation rates are more important to many players than variety of builds. I would love to see a game with no visible numbers at all for the players other than the character levels and attribute stats.

That would accomplish absolutely nothing.

All you'd need to do then is time dominus/piety kills to figure out what gives the most dps/clear speed and third party sites will do the rest.

Essentially, compare what you said to this: "I would love to see [(old) Diablo 3] with no auction house of any sort." ...PoE has no auction house, and yet we seem to manage with procurement and poe.trade just fine.
Last edited by bullgaria on Dec 8, 2014, 1:48:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info