[1.2] Searingbond & Zombie -lvl 79 in Week Race HC-

This is a build that combines Searingbond with Zombies.
Currently lvl 79 in the 1week HC Rampage/Beyond league, Roughly top 100-200 with casual play.

So if you're looking for a build to pownzor all ze monsters: you're in the wrong place.
This build is friendly to fresh HC starts and selfound capable.

SB is perfect for leveling up. But the totems need some more protection from strong (Beyond) mobs. Hence the zombies. These 2 completely different gems can be combined since the minions skill nodes are all along the route to the fire & life skill nodes.

It's a highly effective and save build, but has a slow clearspead compared to the PewPew builds.
*Decent DPS
*Immune to reflect (except for zombies reflecting themselves)
*You can have 2 totems + 6 zombies out. that's 8 other targets you present the enemy monsters. Damage mitigation ftw.
* 3,5k Life easily reached with crappy gear.

Leveling Strategy
I started with a Shadow for the Firetrap gem. After that it was leveling up with:
Frost nova & iretrap
Frost nova & Firetrap & FLameblast
Firetrap & FLameblast & Zombies
Firetrap & Searingbond & Zombies

You are highly flexible in choosing skill gems. Depending on gear drops you can switch in a moments notice.

Elemental Equilibrium & Curse on Hit & Acestral Bond

This was a puzzle for me. How it works:
- Curse on hit can work on direct dmg skills that do not deal actual damage because of ancestral bond.
- EE does NOT work on direct dmg skills that do not deal dmg. This can be overcome by using a trap that does do dmg.
- To combine these 2 on a direct dmg skill, you'll have to drop ancestral bond so the skill does dmg.

An effective skill rotation would have EE & curse on hit combined on one skill. However, I'm solo mapping mostly, and i could not drop the second searingbond totem. It's a hard league; the beyond mobs can rip totems and zombies apart. So with 2 totems its much easier to keep atleast 1 alive.

So i've chosen ball lightning to activate curse on hit. I choose this over arc to be able to keep a bigger distance from the monsters. For arc to work you'll have to stand fairly close.
I've chosen lightning trap to activate EE. The 8 projectiles give a nice area coveradge.

Lacking currency to fix socket colouring; just managed to put consecrate on chest on the loose green socket, and got an unset ring for lightningtrap thats gotta activate EE. In this process I've lost the minion life gem for the zombies. When i can get anough chromatics, i'll attempt to recolour the chest. Vaal lightning trap might be nice too, since i don't really need EE for trash mobs; the current dps is good anough. Vaal lightning trap will activate EE and leave shocked ground so a boss will take 50% increased damage. To keep the shocked ground longer it might be nice to put it in the current 3link: inc duration-offering-vaal summoner skeletons. For that to make it 4link I could reduce the immortal call cwdt setup from 4 to 3, and socket it in the shield by dropping increased duration.

Notes:
a) Manual cursing is fine too, although the difference gets pretty big if you get a quality curse on hit gem.
b) Using 1 curse works out nicely dps wise. However for 75+ maps you will need an extra curse for survival; enfeeble or temporal chains.
c) For party play I advice [1 totem] + [curseonhit & EE] for excellent support role.

I must say i hate loosing the firetrap setup. With that.. and with that alone i was able to clear a zana map; fracturing seawitches + kill 2 exiles. I Spawned 2 beyond uniqs and I killed one of those together with an exile.

Skill Tree

1.3 with 102 pnts

Tree Link 98pnt EB Dcurse EE

Note: I've had to compensate the tree for lack of good gear. This is a fresh league after all. Besides that I don't like grinding repetative. I have done some sarn city runs, because i had too. Done no docks / piety farming whatsoever; I went straight to maps. Hence the comparibly low level of my gems versus character level.

The skill nodes mana & dex & AoE are all optional.
I've kept the AoE nodes to extend my aura's to reach my minions and to increased the effect of ball lightning. For example; Quality aura gems (fairly cheap) could increase the aura's instead.

other sweet skill nodes close by:
+1 lightning max resis
+1 fire max resis
At higher levels taking the skill duration nodes might be nice too;

- Flesh offering; is crucial for the zombies / vaal summon skeletons to be effective. Not having to recast this will take some strain away from your alrdy busy skill rotation.
- Vaal summon skeletons; since you have minion flasks, they will last for a long time, even in boss fights.
- Immortal call; extending this duration is a huge deal.

optional
- Vaal lightning Trap: The shocked ground (50% increased damage taken) will last longer.
- Moltenshell: The biggest drawback of this skill is; you cannot choose when it goes off in a big boom. With ancestral bond it can safely be used since it deals no damage= wont reflect kill you.

help oak
kill all
kill all

Video of how to skill while leveling

Old Tree: Eldritch Battery & Double curse

Old Tree: Hybrid

Gear

EB & Double curse & EE
Lack of quality gems and low lvl (17) is beginning to hurt me at 70+ maps.

EB & Double curse

Old Gear- Hybrid

Self Crafted from white items: Helm / Gloves / 2x Ring / Weapon / Amulet / Shield / Chest

Aura's

-Purity of elements
-Purity of Fire
-Hatred

to consider:
* Anger, to benefit from flamability & elemental weakness, trying hatred atm.
* purity of lightning, cannot replace for purity of elements since then the cold resis on zombies isnt high anough. Cold is frequently encountered in the beyond league.
* Clarity, before EB i needed it

Curses

Flamability
gained in act2 normal difficulty. This is your bread and butter curse.

Second curse:
Elemental Weakness
Vulnerability (note also benefits phys dmg from zombies)

survival:
Temporal Chains
Enfeeble

Probably will need atleast one these for maps 75+.

Tooltips

overclocked my resis for elemental weakness maps & monster curses. Figures shown are from merciless difficulty.

Work in progress

The list below are my latest thoughts and testing.

drop firetrap for arc+cuse on hit (wearing windscream) flamability + elemental weakness and combine all that with EE.
->Have taken the double curse skill node. could not aqcuire windscream.

So alot of work to do. no firetrap , no manual cursing.. so i could drop the AoE skill nodes. Unsure of how much AoE i need for my aura's to reach the zombies. If i wanna keep EE i can drop ancestral bond.. and thus loose %Life for totem... so need to spam some GCP on the searingbond gem to compensate.

Trying out wheter i want to use Hatred or Anger aura.

failed

Wanted to activate EE with Lightningtrap..but Lightning trap cannot be used with curse on hit.
-> Fixed sockets so can use EE now with a trap. Will have to see what the skill cycle will be like with so much on the bar. Took Templar 20%reg 6fc skill node for trying.

"Going to boost my ES with a Saintly chainmail
and take more templar hybrid nodes: Body and Soul"

->could not get a decent chest. dropped the body and soul skill nodes for eldritch and double curse + EE.

Wiki

Build List:
The Emperor
El Dotterino
Smokin'
Chin Sol Trapper
@Minstrelshadrak
Last edited by MinstrelShadrak on Dec 8, 2014, 8:24:59 AM
Can you get a spectre of one of the guys that resses the undead and casts Flammability?
"
MockingbirdUK wrote:
Can you get a spectre of one of the guys that resses the undead and casts Flammability?

Y you can rez a necro. Little short of sockets for the spectre gem though.
@Minstrelshadrak
Found a belly; went EB & Double Curse

added pics & Vids.
@Minstrelshadrak
Finished build,

Any suggestions about this build guide are welcome,
in the hope it might be of some use to other players.

@Minstrelshadrak

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info