Torment and Bloodlines Challenges

Well at least i dont have to set aside a stash tab or two just for the challenge uniques this time around.
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
Agnerod East meets North. I wonder if it is another 2H staff. :3

North? It sounds more like a helm.
Well, I suppose getting a 1 was a 1 time thing. Hopeful that the league and skill tree offers some different and fun possibilities.
"

Agnerod East kinda hints out the other position in the flavor text. Who knows, but right now I think it is a 2H staff.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"

Agnerod East kinda hints out the other position in the flavor text. Who knows, but right now I think it is a 2H staff.

My guess is they wouldn't do a staff again. But a helm makes sense for North, 1h/shield for West, belt for South.

Unless of course, the Vinktar Square refers to the elements. Then you would expect cold/fire/chaos variants to be forthcoming.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Dec 1, 2014, 10:05:42 PM
Not sure how I feel about these challenges.

I don't know what would be more tedious, getting 3 chars to 85 or getting 7 to 65 last league. I got 7 chars to 65 and it only felt like a grind near the end for each char. Leveling past 70 on just one char was hard enough, let alone 3.

The Unique item challenge is handled much better this time and puts value on unided Uniques which seems good on paper but I don't know how it would work in practice. The list seems to include almost if not all the new Uniques which we don't know the rarity of, the two rare Atziri items (thankfully no Uber items), and no super-rare items among existing ones. Overall a better list than we have seen in the past (depending on the rarity of the new Uniques of course).

The names of many of the Bloodlines packs strongly resemble Nemesis mods. If they only resemble Nemesis mods in name, that's good. I just hope they are different enough than just being Nemesis mods on blues (Congealing Blood, Corrupting Blood, blues with Corrupting Blood is scary just thinking about it).

Can't really comment on the Tormented Spirits. That's the league I will be playing but we still don't know that much about them.

Full clearing the maps challenge is good except for the inclusion of Vaal Temple. That place requires a 78 map, a lucky vaal roll, and a really good build to even attempt. I would suggest removing that, cause the other maps on the list seem fair (Apex is fair because Atziri services are common about half-way through the league).

Items from Vendor Recipes, been there, done that, boring challenge.

The Encounters one is very good. It's a combination of previous league challenges, which is good to see every once in a while.

Finally, completing one of each mission type for each master is a MUCH better challenge than getting all of them to 8. Easier, yes, but players had to no-life master grind before, so it's less necessary, especially since players may have masters at 8 already in Standard/Hardcore.

Overall there are some good and some bad and I will attempt the ones I can because the reward is not at a specific threshold this time.
"
Serleth wrote:

Unless of course, the Vinktar Square refers to the elements. Then you would expect cold/fire/chaos variants to be forthcoming.

That is what I am leaning toward to at the moment from the flavor text.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Intriguing change to the Unique Item challenge. I like it a lot.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
I have been waiting for unid unique items to be in demand. I always sold uniques without iding them back in d2, people would pay more for the chance that they get a perfect roll without paying through the nose for the perfect roll.
I died in the one week reading this article.

0/10 would not read again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info