Item level in the Item tooltip

It would be helpful to see Item Level in the Tooltip of an item.

You need to know Item level of Trading items to valuate them.

Edit: acording to http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/114858
there is a way to learn itemlevel in trade window. I have not tested it myself yet, and it does not appear to work in chat or with items in your stash. Still it is a BIG help. Thanks GGG.

Last edited by MISTERO on Feb 8, 2013, 12:12:56 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I don't want to clutter the item description but easier access to item level really should be a thing.
Perhaps even such easy access as having it in the tooltip? :o

I mean, it's one of the most important stats and it can't stay hidden away like it is now. 10 identical 12% prismatic rings in my stash... ohh well, let's pick each one up, type /itemlevel and see which ones are garbage and which ones to keep.
Last edited by TwiiK on Feb 7, 2013, 4:08:38 AM
Acording to http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/114858
there is a way to learn itemlevel in trade window. I have not tested it myself yet, and it does not appear to work in chat or with items in your stash. Still it is a BIG help. Thanks GGG.
Agreed, checking the ilvl of hundreds of itmes with the /itemlevel command is just unnecessairly tedious and time-consuming.
The ilvl stat doesn't have to clutter the tooltip, here are 2 suggestions on how to do this:

1. Make the ilvl number less visible by reducing the fill/opacity of the text. That way we will have a stat that is much less visible at first glance, yet visible enough for those who know what they're looking for.

2. Make a keyboard shortcut available for displaying the item level. For instance, holding the [Backspace] key while hovering over items will show the item level stat in the tooltip, much like now holding [Alt] shows the item comparison. This way the item level info will be still somewhat hidden, but it's even more hidden now, and much more difficult to access.

What do you think, GGG?
I'm sure you have arguments why you haven't included this stat on the item tooltip yet, I'd love to hear them.
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
+1.

With the inherently high value of ilvl this is necessary.
Bumping since this still hasn't been implemented. We can see the item level in chat and trade window by holding ALT, so why not everywhere? I understand that GGG wants to avoid confusing newbies by having two "levels" on an item, but this stat is extremely important for socketing and crafting. It shouldn't be hidden away behind a console command.

There should also be a way to see item level for items linked on the forums.
Last edited by BurnedInEffigy on Aug 6, 2014, 12:46:15 PM
Bump
I don't know if the solution is good, but I agree we need something less annoying for itemlevel.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info