Need help with build

I wonder if you guys have any suggestions for a build, the only thing i have to go out from is a physical based 1h sword, perhaps with shield?
Check out the Marauder or Duelist Build Compendiums.

There are a ton of builds out there. However, if you haven't played much before, just try running through the game without following a build, as you'll learn a LOT from this. Then, after you have made tons of mistakes, you can follow up on why you made the mistakes, and use/design a build that will be more successful.
I disagree with the previous poster, learning on your own can be very time consuming and frustrating. I suggest you read through some character bjilds and find one you want to play. You will learn alot by following the guide and avoid major pitfalls. When the day comes that you feel you have a good grasp of the game, then build your own character.

I went the self-learning self-found route

It can be frustrating, yes, but you can only blame yourself and it can motivate you. And it feels like an achievement every time you theorycraft a build that works well (e: I failed with only two builds at the beggining, have made more than 20 working builds)

following a build can be frustrating too, players often sheep-follow it brainlessly and miss something important or choose some difficult or to gear-dependant build and then blame the build creator or a game for their failure

edit:

depends on what type of player you are. If you like complex games and theorycrafting, then I suggest going self-learn.
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Nov 27, 2014, 9:02:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info